Quantcast
Sikh Temple Shooting in Wisconsin - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Sikh Temple Shooting in Wisconsin

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Thumbs down Sikh Temple Shooting in Wisconsin

Schools, Cinemas, Places of worship...humanity needs to fix up.

LIVE FEED: http://livewire.wisn.com/Event/Oak_C...emple_Shooting

OAK CREEK, Wis. - At least seven people have been killed in shootings at a Sikh temple outside of Milwaukee.

The shootings took place at the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin.

Greenfield Police Chief Brad Wentlandt said multiple 911 calls were received this morning about a gunman or gunmen. He said the first police officer responding to the calls engaged an active shooter at the temple. The officer was shot multiple times, but returned fire, and the suspect, Wentlandt said, was "put down."

Wentlandt said emergency medical personnel have identified seven people dead - four inside the temple and three outside, including the suspect.

The police officer was transported to a nearby hospital, where he is in surgery. Wentlandt said the officer, a 20-year veteran, is expected to survive.

Police are currently engaged in a tactical sweep to assess whether additional shooters remain inside the temple, and have asked the media to refrain from reporting on or transmitting images of police operations in the area.

A spokeswoman for Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee, the main trauma center in the area, said doctors there are treating three victims of the shooting. Spokeswoman Carolyn Bellin said the three are all men. One is in the operating room, another is in a surgical intensive care unit, and the third is being evaluated in the emergency room.

Belliin said the hospital is prepared to receive more patients from the shooting, but does not know if more will be on the way.

There is no victim count at this time.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is reporting that between 20 and 30 people have been shot, and that hostages are being held, according a text message sent to a Journal Sentinel reporter.

There are more than a dozen ambulances parked outside the temple, and police have corralled media and a handful of bystanders to clear out from the area near the temple.

More: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...-least-7-dead/

RIP to the victims. Seems like it was a racial attack; shooter was described as a bald Caucasian. Also apparently the first victim was a 10 year old kid.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

RIP

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

I just saw this on CNN. Fucked up world we live in. I agree, OP. Humanity does need to fix up but how are we going to achieve this?
    Originally posted by King Banana

So confused, how do you get the other menu, is there like a secret chinese handshake, or do you need to bring in a jar of blood from a chinese daughter?
    I need like a how-to - order chinese food for white people.

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Shooter is dead. Reports that he is a white male in his thirties.

Hopefully this doesn't spark to much racial tension and people recognize the compassion from the people who rescued, defended and helped the victims and not the hate from the person who caused this event.

My Ride
    Horse

Why would someone do that?
    R.I.P.

Won't be too many "white terrorists" headlines or posts online. Should wake up the majority of the US. This IS a fucked up world.

sad day. RIP

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Won't be too many "white terrorists" headlines or posts online. Should wake up the majority of the US. This IS a fucked up world.
    FBI has classified it as an act of 'domestic terrorism'.

Originally posted by Maybelater
    Shooter is dead. Reports that he is a white male in his thirties.

Hopefully this doesn't spark to much racial tension and people recognize the compassion from the people who rescued, defended and helped the victims and not the hate from the person who caused this event.
    Over the last week, there has been zero racial tension. The Sikh community has displayed only love and care for the surrounding community that helped. The Sikh community all over the world even held prayers for the officer hurt in this whole ordeal.

This whole situation was extremely sad, however it highlights that extemists exists in all colors. It also gave the Americans and Canadians a chance to learn about the Sikh religion.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

Originally posted by VWEvo

Over the last week, there has been zero racial tension. The Sikh community has displayed only love and care for the surrounding community that helped. The Sikh community all over the world even held prayers for the officer hurt in this whole ordeal.

This whole situation was extremely sad, however it highlights that extemists exists in all colors. It also gave the Americans and Canadians a chance to learn about the Sikh religion.
    That what I was wondering when I read this. Why would anyone have a problem with Sikh people?

there is about same number of sikhs in canada and us. so percentage, in canada many more sikhs. in canada, sikhs in government, and allowed to wear turbans for police.

in USA, not many sikhs in public positions or in general. USA do not understand or see sikhs like in canada. people probably confuse sikhs with hindu or muslim or you know what i mean.

Originally posted by 403_Calgary

That what I was wondering when I read this. Why would anyone have a problem with Sikh people?

Originally posted by rob the knob
    there is about same number of sikhs in canada and us. so percentage, in canada many more sikhs. in canada, sikhs in government, and allowed to wear turbans for police.

in USA, not many sikhs in public positions or in general. USA do not understand or see sikhs like in canada. people probably confuse sikhs with hindu or muslim or you know what i mean.

That is a very valid point and there is no doubt the average Canadian knows more about Sikhs than the average American. Canada is an amazing country when you see how welcome we are to all the different cultures. Alberta's Minister of Services is a turbaned Sikh, Manmeet Bhullar
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by 403_Calgary

Uh, well, in Canada, was it not Sikh's that ran the only terrorist operation that brought down a plane and killed 300 Canadians? (could be mistaken, and it's not really that they are Sikh or not in that case, but they did it behind the idea of being Sikh IIRC).