Quantcast
How to Fight "All Show and No Go" - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: How to Fight "All Show and No Go"

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    TypeR

Quick update

Been training 4-5 times per week for the last bit. I have taken low bar squat out of my program and starting incorporating more high bar and front squats. Need to focus on building stronger quads and better mobility.

Been doing alot of pause bench and basic linear progression. Hit a 225x14 for decline today which I was hella pumped for

Now to get my high bar squat up and stop messing around with low bar. I will eventually switch back but only if I compete.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I've been folllowing a similar workout structure to you and following the leangains intermittent fasting diet. Has worked wonders.

Kickass dead progression btw. 440 raw is a respectable deadlift no matter who's talking.

My Ride
    TypeR

Quick Update

Started Smolov JR for my high bar squat 2 weeks ago and let me say its way easier the second time around. Havent had any missed lifts and ive been going beltless (using my beltless PR).

Weight is fluctuating between 208 and 215 now so im happy with that.

For upper ive been hitting 2-3 movements after squats
    Mon - Pause Bench/Decline/Pullovers
    Wed - Pullups/Bentover Rows/Standing Calves
    Fri - Seated Military Press/Upright Rows/Reverse Flys
    Sat- Close Grip Bench/Flat Bar Curls/Seated Calves

Hopefully I hit 220 soon but hitting over 3400 cal has been a struggle esp when i try not to use to many supps. BF is hovering around 12% and not fluctuating anymore

My Ride
    Has wheels

What's your beltless PR? How are you finding your energy/strength with your other lifts away from Smolov?

My Ride
    TypeR

It was weird I hit a 365 low bar (with belt) and I hit a 275 x1 pause squat atg high bar no belt. My technique is not 100% yet still feels so weird after doing low bar so long. Took a while to get my traps used to the weight again lol

The recovery on the upper work has been fine but we will see once I get to the last week. I'm pretty sure I under shot my 1rm by quite a bit on my squat but it will be great for getting my tech better and beefing up the core.
    Last edited by scboss; 08-27-2014 at 03:40 AM.

My Ride
    TypeR

Been hitting the big 3 hard as of late and my techniques are getting way better. Been doing all my testing without music or hyping myself up and ive found it to be a world of difference when using the PR for my next program.

Ive been trying to use a technical max for every program now (no hype up and no music)

Been getting some good gains hitting 1inch block pulls. Hit 460x1x5 yesterday with no chalk and the speed was good (legs were dancing a bit lol)

Video is private and can't be seen

My Ride
    Has wheels

I absolutely need music, I've driven back home for headphones on more than one occasion. Hitting those lifts are impressive, no tunes make it more impressive haha.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Nice pull! Did you pull a Jackman while you did it? lol

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by bruceod
    I absolutely need music, I've driven back home for headphones on more than one occasion. Hitting those lifts are impressive, no tunes make it more impressive haha.
    Yeah I watched a online seminar Dan Green posted and he preaches lifting without music and approaching the bar calm to lift with perfect form. Just like anything else he talks about people having to up there hype up game to move weight.
    Example
    Week 1 Loud Music leg slaps 1 scoop of pre
    week 4 loud music training partner slaps you 2 scoops lol
    week 20 pacing around whole gym, rapping out loud smashing your head into objects, 3 scoops of maximum overload hahaha

Originally posted by A790
    Nice pull! Did you pull a Jackman while you did it? lol
    I dont know what a jackman is hahahah. It better not be referring to his skinny ass legs in the xmen movies lol.

My Ride
    TypeR

What's your beltless PR? How are you finding your energy/strength with your other lifts away from Smolov?
    With this now i have had no difference. Ive hit 335 high bar squat with and without and it felt the same. Only difference was mental and not wanting to be injured lol.

Still hitting good speed but not gonna try for a true 1rm until I feel confident I cant get 375

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I absolutely need music, I've driven back home for headphones on more than one occasion.
    Opposite. Sport and music do not mix for me, there's no way I can concentrate enough to be on the edge performance wise with music in my ears.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I've really been thinking about starting my own thread for this.

I'm already in great shape, but I want to take my training to the next level and feel like a blog would help a long the way.. Nobody would probably have any interest in it though because it's not like its from slim jim to ripped or visa versa.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Originally posted by warcaster
    With this now i have had no difference. Ive hit 335 high bar squat with and without and it felt the same. Only difference was mental and not wanting to be injured lol.
    I haven't squatted low bar in forever, it's been so long that it doesn't even feel right unless it's a high bar set up.

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Opposite. Sport and music do not mix for me, there's no way I can concentrate enough to be on the edge performance wise with music in my ears.
    Need it with lifting, not for any other sport though. It's a distraction for me as well.

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

I'm already in great shape, but I want to take my training to the next level and feel like a blog would help a long the way.. Nobody would probably have any interest in it though because it's not like its from slim jim to ripped or visa versa.
    I made one awhile back just to help keep me on track. Personally, I like following everyone's on the board.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Do it bro. Honestly this may sound dumb but this thread really helped me discover how I want to train and where my research went when it came to improving my programs.

To be honest looking back to the start of this I trained like a moron for getting strong lol. As long as you take hating as motivation I say getc on it. Just don't make a thread and quit working out lol

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I like the no music attempts as well. Although I did have an OLY coach that would play classical music during training session. I found it strange at first but I kind of like the calm/slow aspect of it. Maybe is helped me with patience in my initial pull.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by austic
    I like the no music attempts as well. Although I did have an OLY coach that would play classical music during training session. I found it strange at first but I kind of like the calm/slow aspect of it. Maybe is helped me with patience in my initial pull.
    Yeah sometimes i feel that over hyping will mess up my techniques big esp with anything over 92%.

I finally hit a 315x1 bench while keeping my heels on the floor and my ass on the bench hahaha. Slowest dirtiest rep of my life luckly I had my boy telling me to keep pushing or I probably would have stopped. It felt like I couldnt even move when I finished the rep hahaha

Heres my boy hitting a 550 squat @180 lbs (has hit 555 unassisted since- no belt no knee wraps)

I think if I didnt have back injuries in the past id be well over a 405 squat but I just gotta keep strengthening and moving forward. Crazy part is ive only been programming my training partner for 2 years now and hes at a 1425 total (Edit untested in competition)

As you can tell though biggest thing is we always have a awesome time even when lifting PRs hahahah
    Last edited by scboss; 11-15-2014 at 05:14 PM.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Pause that 315 bench and I guarantee it wouldn't have moved off your chest.

Your boy doesn't have a total if he hasn't competed.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by KRyn
    Pause that 315 bench and I guarantee it wouldn't have moved off your chest.

Your boy doesn't have a total if he hasn't competed.
    Lol agreed I've hit 285 paused but not 315 yet...

I can almost guarantee he can hit that especially if they allow knee wraps. But fair enough lol

Edit
    Also I was gonna add to this, when I hit 285 pause it still seemed like I was super slow on my lockout and powerful off my chest. Any pointers?

So far ive been doing floor press and close grip bench
    Last edited by scboss; 11-15-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 LastLast