Quantcast
How to Fight "All Show and No Go" - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17

Thread: How to Fight "All Show and No Go"

Originally posted by KRyn
    Your boy doesn't have a total if he hasn't competed.
    QFT. Completely different animal. Most people don't come close to their gym bests on actual "totals". I've been to 8 competitions and been at almost every single competition in Alberta helping run them since 2009 - and I can confidently say this.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by liquidboi69

QFT. Completely different animal. Most people don't come close to their gym bests on actual "totals". I've been to 8 competitions and been at almost every single competition in Alberta helping run them since 2009 - and I can confidently say this.
    Couldnt agree more. My training partners total was done in a mock up meet when he tested and his deadlift dropped 45 lbs. Ive been training a few guys that have competed multiple time over the last year and I get what your saying. Totally different animal when you compete.

Have you guys got the email from the federation banning certian belts and wraps? Apparently INZER is off the list
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by warcaster

Also I was gonna add to this, when I hit 285 pause it still seemed like I was super slow on my lockout and powerful off my chest. Any pointers?

So far ive been doing floor press and close grip bench
    Board presses, SlangShotting and Pin Press would likely help.

Originally posted by warcaster

Have you guys got the email from the federation banning certian belts and wraps? Apparently INZER is off the list
    My understanding of the situation is as such. The CPU has deferred this decision for a full year. After the one year deferral only belts, wraps and equipment on the list will be legal for use in any competition sanctioned by the CPU under the IPF (which does include Inzer still). However, if you are competing at an international event you will be required to abide by the most recent IPF rules.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by KRyn

Board presses, SlangShotting and Pin Press would likely help.

My understanding of the situation is as such. The CPU has deferred this decision for a full year. After the one year deferral only belts, wraps and equipment on the list will be legal for use in any competition sanctioned by the CPU under the IPF (which does include Inzer still). However, if you are competing at an international event you will be required to abide by the most recent IPF rules.
    I'm gonna make a board press out of my old ping pong paddles and some 1x4s this weekend. Do you usually rock a 2 inch and a 4 inch board?
    Thanks for clarifying I wonder how many elite lifters will even be effected by this. Hopefully it's because people were bending rules and not companies throwing money at federation....

My Ride
    has a stick axle

I am tempted to buy THIS as I train alone at a gym that doesn't have any boards or anyone competent enough to hold them.

Most elite level lifters (top 5% of people who go to world level competitions and actually win) will not be affected at all. They are all sponsored and get free gear.

2x6 warcaster. 2x4 is not wide enough for an even platform on top of pectoral peaks (no homo). 2x4 works too, but not as well.

My Ride
    TypeR

Quick update

Weighing in between 214-218lbs which is good. Im guessing my BF% is between 14-16%.

Roughly 4 months ago I noticed a imbalance in my Psoas muscle that caused one of my legs to shift a bit when under heavy loads and put mad pressure on my back. Since then I have been working on my mobility ALOT in my hips, glutes and wrists. Taking a step back has been huge in terms of prehab and quality of technique. Everything is spot on and feeling 100%.

I havent used a belt in over 3 months and my current PRs are
    Low Bar 375x3
    Conventional Deadlift 435x2 (switched back from sumo)

I dont know when I will belt up again but I know this time when I do my core will be bulletproof. Numbers have been progressing steadily since march so im pretty happy with the outcome.

As for my bench I have been working on widening my grip for better leverage. I find with my current setup im relying way to much on my ectomorph arms lol. Lots of wrist drills and pause work happening right now.

Ive hit 260x3 competition style and 295x3 touch and go with the wider grip and it feels so much easier. Ive also been messing around with my Decline and hit a 355x1 pretty easily but havent really been doing any 1rm testing besides that.

My goal right now is to hit a clean 405 squat (finally!) and 500 deadlift with no sleeves, belt, wrist wraps etc and then finally hit that 315 pause bench.

Need to beef up my upper back and core big time!

Last edited by scboss; 06-17-2015 at 02:42 AM.

My Ride
    TypeR

Still working hard to balance my hips so i can stay stronger at the bottom of my squat and stay injury free. No new PRs to report but my technique is feeling Way Way better.

Been way more focused on my nutrition and my bf% is sitting at around 12 while weighing 216. Been doing alot more hypertrophy work while i sort out these previous injuries and mobility issues.

Ordered a bench block from https://www.benchblokz.com/ and it has been absolutely awesome for my lockout. Havent been getting stuck nearly as much with these small ass guns.

On a side note I was at 100% raw over the weekend to coach my training partner and client. Both took home gold in their weight classes, it was the first competition for me as a coach and the first for both of them as lifters so it could not have gone better. I now see why all you guys get the itch to compete such an awesome time.

Last edited by scboss; 09-14-2015 at 03:04 AM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17