Quantcast
OMG I actually won a tournament on pokerstars! - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: OMG I actually won a tournament on pokerstars!

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by dflamzer
    Collusion would mean I would have to be physically at the table and telling him what cards were in play. Big difference between coaching and collusion.

Pokerstars simply does not allow you to pay another person to physically play for you or for you to play at the same table as another player and share information.

It's not cheating when a new player is asking you for advice so they can learn. I suggest you go wiki the term collusion.

They actually have no literature regarding coaching. In fact you can read regarding collusion on their own site. It actually says we'd need to be sharing information regarding each others hands.

COLLUSION
    Collusion is a form of cheating in which two or more players signal their holdings or otherwise form a cheating partnership to the detriment of the other players at the same table.

While on one hand it is easier to pass information between colluding players in online poker than it is in brick & mortar rooms, it is much more difficult to avoid eventual detection, as the cards for all players can be examined after the play.

No matter how sophisticated the collusion is, it must involve a play of a hand that would not be played that way without collusion. Our detection methods are aimed to catch unusual play patterns and warn the security personnel, who will then make a thorough manual investigation. We will also investigate all players' reports about suspected collusion.

If any player is found to be participating in any form of collusion his or her account may be permanently closed.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/features/security/

I've never cheated. Nor for that matter do I even use software as I only play the game for fun and don't do high stakes.
    COLLUSION
    Collusion is a form of cheating in which two or more players signal their holdings or otherwise form a cheating partnership to the detriment of the other players at the same table.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    honda with fart can

Originally posted by Kobe

I'm not taking a side here but I think what dl is getting at is while he is a player on PS, he is not a "player" in regard to the alleged cheating. There is one player (his buddy) and he is saying he is the coach for that particular hand.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

^

It definitely wasn't your normal collusion you are referring to. Two guys at the same table sharing card info. But coaching is illegal, obviously just impossible to track online... Admitting to it in detail as such could potentially have some issues. Time will tell

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

gave dflamzer an out, he decided not to take it. oh well.

My Ride
    honda with fart can

Originally posted by colinxx235
    ^
    But coaching is illegal, obviously just impossible to track online...
    Is it actually illegal (as in against the law) and if so, I wonder what type of crime this would be? It's obviously going to be against PS T.O.S but I'd be interested to know if it's actually against the law.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by colinxx235
    ^

It definitely wasn't your normal collusion you are referring to. Two guys at the same table sharing card info. But coaching is illegal, obviously just impossible to track online... Admitting to it in detail as such could potentially have some issues. Time will tell
    Coaching is not illegal, you are allowed to record yourself and let others discuss your play, however being at a table and being coached and being told what to do, is pretty much allowing someone else 2 play which is in fact against the rules..
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Big difference Kobe.

I wasn't the physical person clicking the mouse button saying raise or fold. He was physically asking my advice as literally it was his 2nd day of playing poker, in person or online. Up until then he had only watched on TV.

So he had the final say whether he wanted to raise, fold, shove, etc. I was literally teaching him how to reason with what people have and when to tell if they may be bluffing.

I look forward to the pokerstars reply. Certainly they are going to fry him for coaching during a micro tournament.

My Ride

Update?

Kobe why are you going so far out of your way on something so insignificant?

Originally posted by Kobe

COLLUSION

I'm curious to see where this goes.

Collusion is when two "players", meaning two different people playing at the same table, are secretly sharing hand info.
    Having one person playing and someone else helping them with decisions on the hand is quite another, and is not collusion.
    Of course PS are going to respond quickly and "look into it". They want their games run completely legit. But I'm very curious to see what actually was done about it, if anything.
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 09-01-2012 at 04:57 PM.

My Ride

I guess no update. dflamzer wins!

If you have cash with Full Tilt I believe they are back in business November 6th.

Just read this thread....very entertaining!

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I have started playing the Turbo 50/50 STTs, pretty fun and easy to consistently cash in.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4