Quantcast
Luck or skill.... scary - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Luck or skill.... scary

My Ride
    06 Civic DX-g

I have had it happen to me in the winter time with a frac fluid pump. Learned my lesson about the engine brake when it is slippery out that day. Nothing scarier than doing about 80km/hr in a 100,000 pound truck and somebody jams the brakes on in front of you and instinctively you let off the throttle and instantly turn the tractor around sideways. Thank god for the trailer hand brake.LOL

My Ride
    Audi 5000 QT

Originally posted by johnboy27
    I have had it happen to me in the winter time with a frac fluid pump. Learned my lesson about the engine brake when it is slippery out that day. Nothing scarier than doing about 80km/hr in a 100,000 pound truck and somebody jams the brakes on in front of you and instinctively you let off the throttle and instantly turn the tractor around sideways. Thank god for the trailer hand brake.LOL

hah,had that happen to me in the rocks coming back from vanouver!!! that spike came in handy haha!!!

and you people would be suprized if you seen how often this happens.. i run about 250,000-300,000km a year and i see this almost daily in summer... see 1/2 tonnes pulling 30-40 foot trailers sliding all over the road..first thing they do it hit the brakes.. makes me laugh as they have no idea how to haul a trailer..

i agree there should be a course all trailer haulers should have to take and a condition put on their licence, how it is that i had to pay $2500 to get my class one to haul a 53 foot trailer yet jo blow can hook his super duty to a tridem camper then drive 85kph down the highway!!!

ive even seen a young kid with no trailer texting on his phone (assume) and drive to ditch, over correct and fly across highway in front of me to smoke a power pole then roll the truck.. some people just cant drive!!!

i say again i think alberta needs a course manditory for all trailer haulers!! i know ama offers one but everyone should have to do it!!!

www.boostedalberta.com
    =[[Beyonds Dirtiest Daily Driver]]=
    Originally posted by dj_rice
    OOP or whatever that Out of Province Inspection is called

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by Benny

Yeah, I've been there too. Working as a landscaper when I was fresh out of highschool and we were towing a dump trailer the boss had loaded with a shitton of gravel right on the front end of the trailer. Caused the back of the truck to sink down and lifted the front suspension. Hit a bump going up a hill at ~80 and the steering went all loosey goosey and the truck immediately swerved across 2 lanes of the road. Really lucky there was nobody on that stretch of road right then or it would have been way worse. Scared the fuck out of me. Definitely learned a lesson about trailering that day.

Half the landscaping/construction companies around town are so fucked. They take on way too much work, hire inexperienced/stupid workers, don't follow safety procedures, and use equipment that's not rated for the heavy job.
    One hauling a bobcat ran me off onto the shoulder on highway 1 going west one morning to work. Like jesus christ pay the fuck attention. I fucking hate landscapers. SO. MUCH.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3