Quantcast
Luck or skill.... scary - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck or skill.... scary

Default Luck or skill.... scary

Hey guys, so on tuesday i left work early for my house ap, i hit deerfoot and this is what my dash cam caught after running it for about 8 mons it was scary as hell seeing this thing lose control

sorry for the bad words

Default Re: Luck or skill.... scary

Originally posted by Jetta-2.0
    Hey guys, so on tuesday i left work early for my house ap, i hit deerfoot and this is what my dash cam caught after running it for about 8 mons it was scary as hell seeing this thing lose control

sorry for the bad words

\

HOLY FU**.

I second your bad words.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

all points to improperly balanced load in that trailer. impressed that it didn't flip or cause a big accident.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Wow. Is that due to bad driver or bad equipment?He should get a big ass ticket. Lucky no one was hurt is the good thing.

Looks like a company truck with logo on side. What company was that?Should be reported
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-09-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The entire Calf Robe bridge is such a disaster in general, I'm not surprised this happened there.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Good work noticing and reacting soon enough to not hit the guy.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Looks like a company truck with logo on side. What company was that?Should be reported
    Seriously? What shitty advice. Just mind your own business, this didn't affect your life. Accidents happen. Should you be reported every time your speed, jay walk, etc? I understand that there's a good chance that this guy was doing something wrong, but there's also a big chance he was driving with an empty trailer and hit a bump that may have made his trailer bounce and loose control.

You must be one of the people they're talking about in this article:
    http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/04/29...omplaints-soar
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

not sure if you guys noticed but look at his right brake light it comes on with out the left one coming on
    Last edited by Jetta-2.0; 08-09-2012 at 11:17 PM.

looks like he was trying to switch lanes

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

I would say f**k too. Buy some lottery tickets for Friday and Saturday.
    Last edited by guessboi; 08-10-2012 at 12:00 AM.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by spikers
    all points to improperly balanced load in that trailer. impressed that it didn't flip or cause a big accident.
    100% this. Guy needs more weight on the tongue of that trailer.

Funny thing is, lots of commercial truckers don't understand this, since fifth wheels and "real" semi's don't rely on tongue weight for stability, they just worry about axle weights.

any kind of pintle or bumper pull hitch requires properly balanced load to maintain stability.

I wish we had a license endorsements for trailers in this province. I've seen this several times, although usually not with the same dramatic results.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Civic, MDX

I like how he casually starts driving against traffic after he regains control

edit: ha guys!
    Last edited by viff3r; 08-10-2012 at 07:24 AM.
    Originally posted by t_soarer
    ....can anyone say "retarted"?
    Originally posted by leftwing
    no more retarted 18 year old girls who fail out.
    Originally posted by benyl
    The english language is retarted...
    Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Stanced cars look retarted anyways.

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by spikers
    He also started braking when that happen which is a big no no. Unless you're using the trailer brake controller to only brake the trailer.

I've had trailers start to fishtail in the past and getting on the gas is a quick way to solve that problem.
    -U

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by ddduke

Seriously? What shitty advice. Just mind your own business, this didn't affect your life. Accidents happen. Should you be reported every time your speed, jay walk, etc? I understand that there's a good chance that this guy was doing something wrong, but there's also a big chance he was driving with an empty trailer and hit a bump that may have made his trailer bounce and loose control.

Seriously? Do everybody a favor and shut the fuck up. This is worthy of a call to the police. I bet the guy still has no idea why it happened, and you clearly also have very little understanding of the situation.

There is a big difference between speeding and losing control of a trailer, fishtailing and eventually jackknifing after spinning out across 3 lanes of deerfoot.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by Jetta-2.0
    not sure if you guys noticed but look at his right brake light it comes on with out the left one coming on
    That looks like an artifact of the video as it also appears that the left one comes on without the right one several times. I'd blame low resolution and video compression for that.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by viff3r
    I like how he casually starts driving against traffic after he regains control

edit: ha guys!
    He probably had to pull over into the ditch to clean out his shorts. Holy Hanna would that be scary sitting in the cab of the truck while that was going down.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by Unknown303

He also started braking when that happen which is a big no no. Unless you're using the trailer brake controller to only brake the trailer.

I've had trailers start to fishtail in the past and getting on the gas is a quick way to solve that problem.
    +1, gotta get on the gassssssss!
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by Zero102
    Seriously? Do everybody a favor and shut the fuck up. This is worthy of a call to the police. I bet the guy still has no idea why it happened, and you clearly also have very little understanding of the situation.
    Worth a call to the Police?? So they can do what exactly? They're not gonna show this guy what he did wrong, they're just gonna show up to write a ticket. Police are reactive, not proactive. Bad advice.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by ddduke

Holy shit. That was scary.

But I will politely disagree with your post. This is not a minor issue; this poses other lives in danger.

We can argue till the cows come home about levels of deliquency and we won't agree. I'm just saying that you SHOULD report this instance.

The ticketing system is there to act as a deterrent. Beyond that is up to the person.

You wouldn't? I'm scared for you.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Wow, thankfully Deerfoot wasn't busier or that would have ended badly.

When I was coming home from B.C during the Canada day long weekend a similar thing happened. It didn't end as dramatically. Thankfully the driver was able to regain control of her trailer otherwise I am sure there would have been a giant accident!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast