Quantcast
install short gas line (2 feet) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: install short gas line (2 feet)

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

This is true but most people will factor in leaving the shop and returning to the shop, it's easy to eat another hour or so up in traffic I would assume. $250.00 is a smoking deal but I would think $400 is still fair was the only point I was making. It certainly doesn't sound like a bend him over price in any case.
    But that's the thing. The $400 doesn't include the permit cost. That's what roughly another $150 to the city...all of a sudden it's around $550-600 which in my mind is a lot for very little work.

My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T Daytona

I was told that they can pull permits online in a matter of minutes, but the permit fee is around $95.

http://www.calgary.ca/PDA/DBA/Docume...d-gas-fees.pdf
    Crystal

My Ride
    o_O

Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

But that's the thing. The $400 doesn't include the permit cost. That's what roughly another $150 to the city...all of a sudden it's around $550-600 which in my mind is a lot for very little work.

Well I know that Barbecues Galore does bundle the permit cost into the $400 gas line installation fee (+$10/foot). For your co-worker to have a $700+ install and an 8 day wait for using their gas line, they would have had 20'+ of gasline run and a pressure gauge put on it, which would have required the city to come out and inspect it on a day that was convenient for your co-worker.

To just put a stub onto the gas meter would only cost the OP $400+gst. Which of course is still pricey for some people.

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Originally posted by PaPaTang

Well I know that Barbecues Galore does bundle the permit cost into the $400 gas line installation fee (+$10/foot). For your co-worker to have a $700+ install and an 8 day wait for using their gas line, they would have had 20'+ of gasline run and a pressure gauge put on it, which would have required the city to come out and inspect it on a day that was convenient for your co-worker.

To just put a stub onto the gas meter would only cost the OP $400+gst. Which of course is still pricey for some people.
    That's almost exactly what he had to do. They had to run it I think 18-20' under his deck. The wait was because when they did the install, the installer only called the city after the work was completed rather then when it was booked with BBQ's Galore. The installer could have booked the inspection before and cut the wait time down to 3-4 days...at least that's what he told me.

My Ride
    o_O

Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

That's almost exactly what he had to do. They had to run it I think 18-20' under his deck. The wait was because when they did the install, the installer only called the city after the work was completed rather then when it was booked with BBQ's Galore. The installer could have booked the inspection before and cut the wait time down to 3-4 days...at least that's what he told me.
    Well not quite, city inspections can be booked for the next day so long as it is before the 2pm cut off and the installer can't book inspections prior to finishing the work, as he doesn't know when the home owner will have an available day to stay home and wait for the inspector.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2