Quantcast
153 in 100 zone. Whats going to happen? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 153 in 100 zone. Whats going to happen?

Default 153 in 100 zone. Whats going to happen?

I'll be the first one to admit, I have been very very stupid on the road.

I am still on my GDL, and have since racked up:

1 ticket for following too closely causing an accident
    2 speeding tickets going 20km over

I already took a defensive driving course to take 3 demerits off. Then I did something really stupid, I was alone on a 2 lane highway outside Calgary, and decided to open the car up, I got clocked doing 153 in a 100 zone. It was an automatic court date for september.

I am really just wondering what is likely to happen? What will the court be like? What is the likely consequence?

Im planning to tell the Judge I have barely driven at all since the incident, as well as notify him that not having the car to go back and forth from work would make things very difficult for me. Of course im aware there will be consequences. I'm just wondering what they will be. Any response or advice is greatly appreciated.

douchebag

My Ride
    TDi

You honestly deserve to lose your license and I hope that happens. You were given many chances and you failed to adhere to rules set in place. Good luck but I think you are getting your license taken away for a period of time.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

Your insurance will sky rocket.

My Ride
    is Invisible

and here is where the members of beyond pretend like they have never broken a rule.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

It's only wrong if you're caught.

Thus, OP is a DB.

Same thing happened over that gallardo.

Either way speeding that much after racking points up on a GDL is pretty stupid lol.

You're gonna get a suspension and huge insurance rates.

My Ride
    TDi

I have a clean driving record so I can say what I want to say.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
    Either way speeding that much after racking points up on a GDL is pretty stupid lol.
    Yeah. Get a full license if you like to dick around. Double the points available to fuck away on stupid shit. Only costs 100 bucks or something. I got mine as soon as I could.

At 153 on a 100 highway, your vehicle should have been impounded and you made to walk home. It is my hope you are forced to buy a bus pass until 2020 when you might be mature enough to qualify for a full life. Your insurance rates are going to eat a few months of your current salary, so save up.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 08-13-2012 at 09:11 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

blah, blah, blah, i've entered corner 1 at RC faster than that... no i dont care about the difference of closed course with $100k+ worth of car in my way vs empty highway.

if you want to keep your license postpone your court date till you get your full license. done... easy...

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Anything 50k over is instant loss of license.

like said above, get a full license if you fuck around, and please, keep it on the hiways where there is nobody around. Its one thing to open er up on a hiway, with little to no traffic, and no i dont want to hear about how you are all saints on here, everybody does it....so drop it.

I can be honest and tell you, i lost my license 3 times due to demerits, messing around, etc, HOWEVER all of it was on hiways, and most times, like mentioned above, late at night when it was just me (so i thought) or in very traffic-sparse areas. All in all, its tough to say keep it at the track, because we wont have one for awhile, but at least watch out for your self, and others, and keep the hooning to a minimum, and dont you dare do that shit in residential, school zones, etc....

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I love these kinds of threads.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

$1200 - $1800 fine 30 - 90 day suspension.

If you can convince a crown that you know you screwed up etc etc, and need your licence, you may get it reduced from 153 down to 150. If so its a $351 ticket and 4 demerits.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

yeah getting it dropped down to a 50km/h ticket (or less) isnt all that tough. if you dont like to gamble, call points

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Dont call Points, their awful. They charge a lot and do surprisingly little. Call "Fight that ticket". They've represented me a number of times when I was much younger, and I've always walked away with zero demerits, and a drastically reduced fine, same with much more recently with a bunch of bullshit tickets (such as "visible" license plate issues) that were ridiculous, I walked from those no problem. With this? I dont know if zero demerits is possible, but at least you'll keep your license and you wont have such a sting on insurance.

Best $300-400 you'll spend in terms such as this.
    If you dont have proper representation, count on your insurance tripling, or even being able to obtain insurance. Either way its going to get ugly if you just go in and plead stupidity, so dont. Get people on your side that really know the in's & outs.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 08-13-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

no such thing as 0 demerits now, old balls

honestly i personally wouldnt bother... since i did this myself with a ticket i got 10 days after my 18th b-day... but yeah... im not normal

I'm sure a decent number of people on this forum have been >50km over on an empty highway at one point in their lives. However, you probably should have learned to chill out a little with the first couple of tickets, no?

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Like every Albertan hasn't gone almost that fast on the QE2 just to keep up with traffic, some people need to get off their high horses.

However, OP, you are fucked.

I'd usually add "Take it to the track" here but... nevermind.

Originally posted by ercchry
    no such thing as 0 demerits now, old balls
    Last Ticket I got was a little over 2 years ago, but I paid the people to go fight it for me and they got it Dropped to Court fee's and no Demerits. Unless they changed the rules since then, if you go talk to the Justice of the Peace they will only lower the Demerits (Lowest is 2) but POINTTS, Fight that Ticket Etc can still get you down to 0 demerits.

Originally posted by J-D
    I'm sure a decent number of people on this forum have been >50km over on an empty highway at one point in their lives. However, you probably should have learned to chill out a little with the first couple of tickets, no?
    Can you really say that the highway was empty if the OP got pulled over?

Based on the OP's post it sounds to me like a bit better attention needs to be paid when screwing around.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast