Thread: BMW 5 Series or Infiniti M

Default BMW 5 Series or Infiniti M

Which do you prefer and why?

My Ride
    DA6, R59

New or preowned?

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Had one of each and just sold the 5 series. Now I'm sticking with the M.

IMO the M is way more user friendly and is a way better bang for your buck. Idrive is shit and a pain to use/navigate (even when you're used to it), m is easy and once you get used to it you don't even have to think.

M also has way more standard options. When I compare a 2010 m45 to a 2010 545, I'm actually blown away by how much more you get from infiniti.

M has way better resale down the road.

The only thing that I'll give the 5 series is that it's way more of a drivers car and is a lot more fun to drive.

EDIT: One big downside is that Hyatt is a bunch of fuckers and a huge PITA to deal with
    Last edited by ddduke; 08-14-2012 at 11:21 PM.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

ive driven both, not extensivly but i say the current gen of the infiniti M, then again im bias because i love it and want one

The interior is one of the nicest ive seen, although a lot of button way better to toggling around a nob.

Last edited by K3RMiTdot; 08-14-2012 at 11:38 PM.

My Ride
    12' Civic, 88' Prelude, 02' F350

I haven't owned either, but the newest generation Infinity M56s is an incredibly pretty car in terms of exterior styling.
    Last edited by spacerz; 08-15-2012 at 12:19 AM.

My Ride
    Grimace

I am Infiniti fan #1 but depending on price I prefer the BMW. F10 just looks awesome but on their Canadian website appears to only be available in awd here? Love the new Infiniti though. Much much nicer interior and styling than the last generation. M37 money I would go for that, but M56 money I prefer the BMW. Over an E60 though I would prefer the Infiniti.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Not a fan of the 4-spokes steering wheel design of the Infiniti M, aside from that I believe the M is the way to go.

My Ride
    14' C63 507 Edition Coupe

Originally posted by schocker
    I am Infiniti fan #1 but depending on price I prefer the BMW. F10 just looks awesome but on their Canadian website appears to only be available in awd here? Love the new Infiniti though. Much much nicer interior and styling than the last generation. M37 money I would go for that, but M56 money I prefer the BMW. Over an E60 though I would prefer the Infiniti.

The F10's definitely come in RWD. It's a beamer!! You can even get them with a 6MT in the 535i, I think the 550i is only auto but the 8 speed transmission is fantastic.

I'm not sure how the pricing is on the infiniti but without knowing your hot buttons it would be hard to say which one to go for.

BMW = ultimate DRIVING experience

Infiniti = luxury/comfort first, driving experience second.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by vtec4life
    The F10's definitely come in RWD. It's a beamer!! You can even get them with a 6MT in the 535i, I think the 550i is only auto but the 8 speed transmission is fantastic.
    Check bmw.ca, it only shows xdrive models when you go to build it, american website has both. Not sure why it is

My Ride

That is odd... The first run of the F10's that came to Canada were ONLY rear wheel drive.. the X-drives came later on.

That is odd... The first run of the F10's that came to Canada were ONLY rear wheel drive.. the X-drives came later on.
    This is how every bmw model usually comes when first released

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

I'm not sure how the pricing is on the infiniti but without knowing your hot buttons it would be hard to say which one to go for.

BMW = ultimate DRIVING experience

Infiniti = luxury/comfort first, driving experience second.
    QFT, bmw drives so much better but infiniti is so much more luxurious.

I was at infiniti looking at the 2013 m56, they haven't come out yet but the sales person was able to give me the pricing for them. I'm looking at a 2013 m56 with tech package, factory lip kit and gloss black wheels, cost is right around $83k + taxes, pdi, etc.

What does Bmw offer for that price range? That may be something to look at.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

^

Mid 80's is the price of a fully loaded 550 ix sedan according to the websites.... Might be a tad more.

My Ride

A fully loaded 550i x drive will set you back over 90K all in. Do you need awd? Fully loaded is subjective in the BMW world though... everything is an option. night vision/lane departure/active cruise control etc etc. Really depends if you want or need that stuff.

The only option I would care about is M-Sport!! Gotta get the M-Sport package hands down. Usually in order to get the M-Sport package you have to get some sort of executive package along with it.

incredible car to drive though... if you havent gone yet i would suggest doing so. 450 lb/ft of smooth ashpalt raping torque.

The interior is pretty nice on the new 5's. if you somehow have a chance to see it at night thats when it really shows beautifully. Its gorgeous inside at night time when everything is lit up. Even walking up to the car at night time it has those lights that come down from the door handles.. sexy.

83K on an infiniti......... I don't think I'd be able to do it. Just the fact that its a nissan. Dont get me wrong I like infiniti a lot and think that pre-owned Infiniti's are good value but 83 big ones for a nissan sedan doesnt sit right!

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

You can special order the F10's in manual RWD.

The 528's with M sport are an awesome option as well, 4 cyl turbo, 8 speed auto or manual option.

The 5 is a better car than the M in every way. Infiniti has always had issues selling the M. It's a good car but it lacks many things that the euro equivalents have.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Such as?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

I'm going to go out on a limb and say things like 'feel' and 'driving dynamics'. On paper they sure look pretty damn close, and I really like the exterior looks of the M, but if I'm dropping 90k on a car it would also be a BMW.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Judging from the pics alone, that Infiniti interior can't be beat.

I never liked the BMW interior; so simplistic.

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

The first time I drove a 5series was 1997 and it really impressed me then, however when the 2004 model was introduced I wasn't too thrilled and never really paid attention to them lately.

But let me tell you when I got my F10 I still had my carrera and the BMW is actually more fun to drive. It just puts a damn smile on my face bigger then any of my porsches ever did. My father in law has a 2010ish M Infiiniti. I've only driven it once but had a few rides to airport in it and I'm always curious why he ended up buying it

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    The 5 is a better car than the M in every way. Infiniti has always had issues selling the M. It's a good car but it lacks many things that the euro equivalents have.
    Coming from a bmw salesman.

The bmw is definitely not superior in every way. While it drives and handles much better, the infiniti is way more comfortable, user friendly and MUCH more luxurious.

I also like that the m is understated and unless you`re in the market for one then you probably don`t know that it`s an 80k+ vehicle. While I love the bmw, I think it screams douche and `look at me, i can afford a bmw` while the infiniti is much classier.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast