Quantcast
Dealership Review - Cochrane Dodge - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dealership Review - Cochrane Dodge

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Default Dealership Review - Cochrane Dodge

So I recently purchased a vehicle (2010 Ram 1500) from Cochrane Dodge and thought it would be prudent to post a review.

I had been looking for a 2009+ Ram 1500 with some very specific features I had researched so there wasn't really anything for the dealership to do other than supply the vehicle & deliver. After monitoring inventory at most Dodge dealers in Southern Alberta I finally found the right truck at Cochrane Dodge. I contacted the dealership and chatted with a random salesman by the name of Jamie. Pleasant enough fellow. I confirmed the options on the truck and made arrangements for a test drive.

Later that day I went out to the dealership to drive & inspect the vehicle. The truck was as advertised with respect to options. After a fairly short test drive we negotiated a price & shook hands. Total time from first finding the listing to shaking hands was about 5 hours.

This was all on a Thursday and since I was heading out of town on the weekend I asked to have the truck ready for delivery on Monday after work (6:00 PM). There were a few items that needed attention that were all listed on the purchase agreement:

- New windshield
    - PDR a couple of door dings
    - Full detail of the interior
    - Repair of a small plastic trim piece on the interior
    - Wheel alignment (slight pull to the right).

Monday morning I contacted my salesperson to confirm that the truck would be ready as scheduled and he assured me it would be. I showed up after work to pick up the vehicle and that's when the problems started.

Upon arrival the salesman was just drying off the truck from it being washed. Apparently that's what passes for a "full detail". The interior had been vacuumed out but nothing had been wiped down. Because the truck only had 23,xxx KM on it, it was pretty clean anyway. But still, not what we had agreed to. The door dings had been removed and I couldn't even see where they had been. The windshield however had not been replaced. I was told that the guy was on his way and it would only take another 45 minutes. The windshield guy did in fact show up, half an hour later and took the truck back to his shop. He returned about an hour later but by this time it's getting close to 8:00 PM and the truck was supposed to be ready at 6:00. The broken interior plastic trim piece was repaired as agreed.

Wheel alignment. My salesman insisted that it had been performed and was as good as new. He took me through the vehicle and showed me the features. After about 20 minutes or so he handed me the keys and away I went. I got about 30 seconds down the road before I noticed the pull to the right. I was already late to get out of there so I just drove home.

The next morning (Tuesday) I called Jamie back and said the truck was still pulling. He apologized and said he would look into it. He called me back in a few minutes and asked me when I could bring the vehicle back for them to have another look. This wasn't very convenient because from my house in South Calgary to the dealership is about a 45 minute trip. I made arrangements to take the truck back at 3:00 PM that afternoon. I was assured that a mechanic would be waiting for the vehicle upon my arrival and would work on it right away. I arrived at 3:00 and the truck sat out front until about 3:30 when someone finally took it around the back.

About an hour later the mechanic (nice guy) came to find me and said it was definitely out of alignment but it's all fixed up. I asked him how that could be since it was just aligned yesterday. He said that was impossible as he does all the alignments and he wasn't working the day before. So the shop outright lied about doing the alignment in the first place. Whatever. I get the truck around the block and it's still pulling to the right. I take it back and the mechanic appears to be honestly confused. He takes the truck back and works on it for about another hour. I drive it again, still pulling to the right. By this point its closing time for the dealership and he asks me if I can bring it back again tomorrow.

Now I'm back talking with my salesman again and he offers to come into Calgary in the morning & pick up the vehicle, drive it out to the shop and let them work on it all day. A few minutes later the mechanic comes back with word that he just found out that the alignment machine is busted and needs to be calibrated. That's why they can't get it straight. We wait for a few days, the salesman comes to get my truck, takes it to the shop, does a proper alignment and returns the vehicle to me by the end of day. The pull is gone.

Overall I would rate the experience about a 5/10. I don't expect much from dealerships. I expect they will cheat & lie about pretty much anything they can but when it's in writing (list of things to fix), then stick to it. I don't think these guys are really any worse than any other shop but I'm not going to run back to them for my next vehicle either. All they had to do was live up to their (written) word and they would have had a repeat customer for years to come who would send referrals their way. Now, they get nothing.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Pretty par for the course for dealerships unfortunately. Surprised that it got fixed in the end at least. Won't be going there now, thanks for the review.

Congrats on the new truck!

My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T Daytona

Dealerships make me so angry. I was car shopping and went to about 8 of them in the last month and the only one I would ever set foot in again is Kia City. There was a lady there that was so up front, honest, and genuine that I almost wanted to buy the car just because of her attitude!

The rest that I encountered were a fun filled mix of condescending, misleading, lacking in knowledge, manipulative and left me completely frustrated.

Glad to be warned of other bad dealerships.

Thanks!
    Crystal

My Ride
    K-car

Are there any good Dodge dealerships here? I think i've heard bad stories about every single one (especially eastside and Varsity) They must not get CSI scores.

My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T Daytona

I went to Tower Chrysler to test drive the Dodge Dart and there was a guy named Lance there. I think he was the used car manager but we were talking to him because we were also considering a trade-in.

Anyway, he took us out on the test drive and we really liked him. Some other dude from new car sales came up just before we left and starting with the cheesy sales pitch, but I found Lance to be very straightforward, wasn't trying to pitch or push or anything, just let you drive the car and make your decision. I don't know if he does new car sales, but I found him quite nice to work with.
    Crystal

My Ride
    something green

Chrysler dealers are for some reason, unpleasant to deal with.
    However my experience with Drumheller Chrysler was decent when I bought my Jeep.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Not surprised at all. Bought a vehicle from Hyatt mercedes, the only thing I wanted was a detail and for my vehicle to be done by weds (it was saturday). Showed up at 7pm on weds, sales person claimed I was 2 days early (I wasn't) but told me the car was ready. 45 minutes later my car pulls up, interior detail was obviously not done and the exterior was still wet from being washed minutes earlier.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Bill, if you are going to be servicing that thing at any dodge dealers. take it to big4. all the dealers suck. but those guys at least will be straight with you why they suck

My Ride
    4x4

I'm still pretty happy with airdrie chrysler - Chad was awesome to deal with...

now on the service side - I'll have you a review soon... 2 weeks old, 4000kms, truck blew the transmission... ask me how happy I am... supposed to go on vacation Saturday, can't work with a rental... ask me how happy I am...

My Ride
    K-car

Originally posted by AndyL

now on the service side - I'll have you a review soon... 2 weeks old, 4000kms, truck blew the transmission... ask me how happy I am... supposed to go on vacation Saturday, can't work with a rental... ask me how happy I am...
    Hope you still have the old faithful Chevy around as a backup

My Ride
    4x4

Yeah, for the moment, but the racks on the new truck...

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-10-2019 at 04:36 PM.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

The real question is how did you put on 4000km on a truck in 2 weeks?
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

You're too nice and not enough of a cunt to make them bend over for you.

Sad fact is, asshole/high maintenance customers usually get treated the best.

Sounds like it all got sorted in the end.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by ercchry
    Bill, if you are going to be servicing that thing at any dodge dealers. take it to big4. all the dealers suck. but those guys at least will be straight with you why they suck
    I actually had that much figured out before I bought the truck. The reputation of the average Chrysler dealership was a factor in the purchase. It was just about enough to sway me away from the Ram. Big 4 seems to have good reviews time & time again so we'll try them out.

For those that are surprised that these issues got fixed, it wasn't with some VERY persistent badgering on my part. If I had let these guys have their way this would have been a very different story.

I just realized that I missed a key event in the process that is worth mentioning. As I said in my original post the salesman, sales manager & I negotiated a very clear deal. Price (all in) & GST and that was it. When I went to the business office to sign final papers there was a magical $1100 in fees added on. I was told that it's standard practice at all dealerships and it's non-negotiable. Kiss my white @$$! Now at this point the dealership still didn't know what I did for a living so they tried to pawn part of these fees off as "security insurance". I smiled. They proceeded to tell me that if my vehicle is stolen they will cover the gap between what I get from my insurance and what the vehicle is actually worth. Because ya know, those insurance companies screw everyone on every deal and you can't rely on that. When I told them I owned an insurance brokerage and was pretty sure I could take care of myself when it comes to all things insurance, that sure took the wind out of their sales. The rest of the fees were then retracted and we were back to our original deal.
    Last edited by Masked Bandit; 08-16-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    4x4

Originally posted by ddduke

The real question is how did you put on 4000km on a truck in 2 weeks?
    I work for a living? How do ya think...

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-10-2019 at 04:36 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

How happy are you?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    I just realized that I missed a key event in the process that is worth mentioning. As I said in my original post the salesman, sales manager & I negotiated a very clear deal. Price (all in) & GST and that was it. When I went to the business office to sign final papers there was a magical $1100 in fees added on. I was told that it's standard practice at all dealerships and it's non-negotiable. Kiss my white @$$! Now at this point the dealership still didn't know what I did for a living so they tried to pawn part of these fees off as "security insurance". I smiled. They proceeded to tell me that if my vehicle is stolen they will cover the gap between what I get from my insurance and what the vehicle is actually worth. Because ya know, those insurance companies screw everyone on every deal and you can't rely on that. When I told them I owned an insurance brokerage and was pretty sure I could take care of myself when it comes to all things insurance, that sure took the wind out of their sales. The rest of the fees were then retracted and we were back to our original deal.
    This right here is absolute horseshit and I'd report it to AMVIC to them trying to scam me. Seriously, non-negotiable and they make it sound like it's mandatory? Guaranteed they've duped others with this bullshit. URRGG just makes me so angry even hearing about it. If this honestly happen to me, I would have said go fuck yourself and walked out. I realize dealerships try all angles to vacuum your wallet or save a buck here and there but this is just a new level of slimy.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    CBR 929

I remember Crowfoot Honda tried to charge us a $250 document fee-we said we weren't paying it. Guy told us if we every lost our paperwork and needed copies of it they wouldn't give it to us them. Basically it was just for them to keep records of the financing paperwork.

Didn't buy the car from them in the end.

[url]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast