Quantcast
Car-cam bad drivers thread - Page 108 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 108 of 178 FirstFirst ... 98 107 108 109 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 3558

Thread: Car-cam bad drivers thread

My Ride
    Tundra, Z1000

Originally posted by gwill
    A police officer selectively let others go who did the same u-turn and pulled me out of a group of vehicles. Then specifically mentions he ran my plate earlier... yeah i'll definitely fight it. Its his job to hold everyone accountable to the law not those he feels like targeting from a previous encounter.
    So what if you're following a group of cars doing 20km/hour over the speed limit, and you're the one picked out for a ticket? Gonna fight that on the basis he should have tried to pull everyone over or noone?

He chose you, he didn't "single you out". As you said, he could have given you 300+ in tickets (for what, I don't know)... so you got off easy and you're going to try to fight it on the basis you want everyone to get a ticket if you're gonna get one?

Nice...
    Tundra, Z1000

Episode #8 of Bad Drivers of YYC

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

That memorial cut in is the worst.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Originally posted by rotten42
    That memorial cut in is the worst.
    Ya, I wish people would just learn to wait their turn. But we all know that won't happen.

My Ride
    Toyota

they city should really put up a barrier there to prevent people from doing that

like those handicap signs that spring back up when you knock it over.

Originally posted by samo147
    they city should really put up a barrier there to prevent people from doing that

That would be great. it would make for some nice dashcam videos

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by samo147

Yeah, I always leave distance in front of me there and then I watch my driver's mirror like a hawk for someone accelerating to get in front of me, and then I shut the gap and they are stuck.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by spikerS

Yeah, I always leave distance in front of me there and then I watch my driver's mirror like a hawk for someone accelerating to get in front of me, and then I shut the gap and they are stuck.
    LOL, I don't you think your the only one. You should get front and rear cameras, would love to see that.

My Ride
    Tundra, Z1000

Originally posted by Jro

Some comments....

First off, might have been interesting to just turn left at that first one.... they were so obviously in the wrong.

Second, I didn't see what was wrong with the "one, two, three... mayhem" one.... was it the fact that they were on/slightly over the unpainted line? Or did I miss something? Looked like the lines are pretty badly done there, but also didn't give much room.... not saying it's right to cross them, but i dunno, just wondering if I missed something bigger

Third, that truck going on the median... stupid because he only did it to hit a red light. If he had a turn signal up ahead, I dunno, no harm no foul. I've done it lots.... especially if the douche in front of me is twenty feet from the next car and blocking my entrance into the turn lane.... I guess it depends... more silly when it's just to get to a red light though

Fourth, that memorial merge.... you totally should have kept going. He wouldn't have hit you, and if he did, you'd have the camera to prove he was a douche bag. I yearn for the day some idiot tries that and swipes the side of my truck.... It needs a new paint job

I wish that people would simply allow the stupid ones to hit them more... especially when it's clearly going to be a no-injury accident. Stupid people need to learn, and the only way someone driving a lincoln like that is going to learn is when it hits him in the wallet. For some reason, people seem to avoid doing dumb stuff directly to me... could be the truck is more obvious, could be I'm lucky (I think it's that they are lucky.... lol)
    Tundra, Z1000

My Ride
    FT86

Originally posted by Jro
    What road is in that second clip? I feel like it would be easy for the driver in the right oncoming lane to miss seeing that stop sign since you'd have to look across the lane to your left to see it. Without seeing it in person or street view, I can't say for sure though.
    Last edited by D88; 05-19-2015 at 01:51 PM.

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Originally posted by D88

What road is in that second clip? I feel like it would be easy for the driver in the right oncoming lane to miss seeing that stop sign since you'd have to look across the lane to your left to see it. Without seeing it in person or street view, I can't say for sure though.
    https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.04905...VFqpZqrGWw!2e0

It is here. Signs on both sides although the right one is a bit far from the road.

EDIT** looking at the video again it appears they are in the process of replacing the light post so there is no sign on the right at this time, but there should
    Last edited by quick_scar; 05-19-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

My Ride
    G37X

Even when there are both signs up people blow through them all the time, I've had a few close calls there.

Originally posted by krprice84

Some comments....

First off, might have been interesting to just turn left at that first one.... they were so obviously in the wrong.

Second, I didn't see what was wrong with the "one, two, three... mayhem" one.... was it the fact that they were on/slightly over the unpainted line? Or did I miss something? Looked like the lines are pretty badly done there, but also didn't give much room.... not saying it's right to cross them, but i dunno, just wondering if I missed something bigger

Third, that truck going on the median... stupid because he only did it to hit a red light. If he had a turn signal up ahead, I dunno, no harm no foul. I've done it lots.... especially if the douche in front of me is twenty feet from the next car and blocking my entrance into the turn lane.... I guess it depends... more silly when it's just to get to a red light though

Fourth, that memorial merge.... you totally should have kept going. He wouldn't have hit you, and if he did, you'd have the camera to prove he was a douche bag. I yearn for the day some idiot tries that and swipes the side of my truck.... It needs a new paint job

I wish that people would simply allow the stupid ones to hit them more... especially when it's clearly going to be a no-injury accident. Stupid people need to learn, and the only way someone driving a lincoln like that is going to learn is when it hits him in the wallet. For some reason, people seem to avoid doing dumb stuff directly to me... could be the truck is more obvious, could be I'm lucky (I think it's that they are lucky.... lol)
    In regards to the "bike lane" clip. I should have started the clip further back, as you saw, there is only 2 lanes to turn left, but we had 3 lanes turning left. I think that may have been the first couple days with the lines painted. About a week later, they came back and painted the lines to be bolder.

Memorial Merge clip - Ya, if I had my old car, I would have just sat there for sure. But recently, both my wife and I have fairly new vehicles, so just not worth our time.

Originally posted by quick_scar

It is here. Signs on both sides although the right one is a bit far from the road.

EDIT** looking at the video again it appears they are in the process of replacing the light post so there is no sign on the right at this time, but there should
    I actually went to the Zoo yesterday, so I had to take that route again. And they have both stop signs up. If your not speeding, you will see the stop sign on the left.

My Ride
    Tundra, Z1000

Originally posted by Jro

In regards to the "bike lane" clip. I should have started the clip further back, as you saw, there is only 2 lanes to turn left, but we had 3 lanes turning left. I think that may have been the first couple days with the lines painted. About a week later, they came back and painted the lines to be bolder.

Memorial Merge clip - Ya, if I had my old car, I would have just sat there for sure. But recently, both my wife and I have fairly new vehicles, so just not worth our time.
    Ahh.... one of the retarded bike lanes... I see

Fair enough then, didn't realize that's what it was. Maybe if the city didn't pander to the probably 1% of citizens who ride their bikes to work downtown, we wouldn't have issues like this.

As for the merge part... yea, I get ya there. New car would suck to have banged up by some moron like that, cuz you know they won't write it off (though, you never know, he could hit you and force you off the road into the ditch, writing off your car and giving you "oh so painful neck injuries that cannot be seen on an xray but hurt oh so bad" )
    Tundra, Z1000

My Ride
    TDi

Originally posted by Jro

LOL, I don't you think your the only one. You should get front and rear cameras, would love to see that.
    I do this quite often too My gf and I (two vehicles) did this to a pathfinder coming from shaganappi merging onto stoney trail too. Get in the lane earlier Dbag
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    FT86

Wow you're right! Talk about poor city planning during the replacement of that post. They just remove a stop sign and expect nothing bad will happen or what?

Won't matter soon as the city is going to be putting a set of lights here.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by Jro

The chaos at 1:56... I see this shit EVERYDAY on 12 Ave SE turning left (dual left turn) on to northbound Macleod Trail SE. Cars on the inside lane (far left lane), 8/10 cars will turn into the 2nd lane.

My Ride
    Tundra, Z1000

Originally posted by HiSpec

The chaos at 1:56... I see this shit EVERYDAY on 12 Ave SE turning left (dual left turn) on to northbound Macleod Trail SE. Cars on the inside lane (far left lane), 8/10 cars will turn into the 2nd lane.
    That's when you get in your beater car, drive in the lane beside the far left lane, and turn into your proper lane. Time for a new car..... and the dbag who's a moron gets his insurance rates hiked because he doesn't know how to drive.

What's the worst about this, is it's so damn common, yet it's a horrible practice. So many people don't turn into their proper lane.

Hell, I don't know how many times I've almost been hit by an idiot turning left, while I'm turning right on to the same road, and he turns left into the right lane. F**king idiots!
    Tundra, Z1000

Page 108 of 178 FirstFirst ... 98 107 108 109 118 ... LastLast