Quantcast
Car-cam bad drivers thread - Page 106 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 106 of 178 FirstFirst ... 96 105 106 107 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 3558

Thread: Car-cam bad drivers thread

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

I strongly believe if a cop was present and witnessed his driving behavior in my dash-cam footage, he would have stopped him. Not just the 'smoke' screen he was causing - The incredibly tight lane changes (causing people to brake/ reverse out of fear etc.) .. At the VERY minimum a reckless driving ticket. Stunting? Unsafe lane change?

My Ride
    Tundra, Z1000

To be fair, the guy who reversed was an idiot. There was no reason to reverse in that situation, the truck was just spewing smoke. Absolutely zero reason to reverse, and if a cop saw that, he would have certainly given the driver of the blue car a ticket for reversing on a road.

Tight lane changes, depends on the situation, but I didn't see any that would honestly be way over the line - some that were a little tight, but nothing that required evasive driving on the part of others.

The biggest idiot in that video was the bmw driver and the moron who couldn't change lanes - the truck was also an idiot, but to me it didn't look like he was being nearly as risky as the bmw and nearly as retarded as the non-lane-changer
    Tundra, Z1000

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Originally posted by krprice84
    To be fair, the guy who reversed was an idiot. There was no reason to reverse in that situation, the truck was just spewing smoke. Absolutely zero reason to reverse, and if a cop saw that, he would have certainly given the driver of the blue car a ticket for reversing on a road.

Tight lane changes, depends on the situation, but I didn't see any that would honestly be way over the line - some that were a little tight, but nothing that required evasive driving on the part of others.

The biggest idiot in that video was the bmw driver and the moron who couldn't change lanes - the truck was also an idiot, but to me it didn't look like he was being nearly as risky as the bmw and nearly as retarded as the non-lane-changer
    You think the blue dodge deserved a ticket for reversing? I would disagree 100%, the person driving the dodge might not understand or know why the driver of that truck's vehicle is puffing a massive cloud of black smoke... could have been fearful of perhaps the truck being on fire / about to explode??

My Ride
    Tundra, Z1000

Originally posted by Kijho

You think the blue dodge deserved a ticket for reversing? I would disagree 100%, the person driving the dodge might not understand or know why the driver of that truck's vehicle is puffing a massive cloud of black smoke... could have been fearful of perhaps the truck being on fire / about to explode??
    Yes, I do. You cannot reverse on any public road legally at all. If he really thought that the truck was on fire (honestly, that's a total BS reason - the smoke was coming from the exhaust pipe, and he had seen the truck spewing smoke while he was driving behind it previously... no way he thought it was on fire and we both know that), he could have thrown his car into park, checked his mirrors, and got out if safe.

You *never* reverse on a public road, it's just stupid. I ride a motorbike, and I *hate* when people decide they've gone a little too far into an intersection and reverse... they rarely look before starting the reverse, and getting backed into on a bike isn't going to be like getting backed into while in a car.

Regardless, yes, he should get a ticket. However, I would go further and say he likely shouldn't be driving. People like him cause accidents - they drive too slow and cause others to get mad (yes, it's their own fault for getting mad, but it still happens, and it creates a hazard to others), they wait to change lanes and cause traffic problems, that type of person also is *highly* likely to misjudge the room he has, get nervous about taking so long to change lanes, and end up changing lanes into a car beside him because he starts to feel rushed and just "goes for it", and they are generally a hazard on the road. Part of the road test should entail proving you are confident and capable behind the wheel, not just showing you can barely follow the basic minimum legal requirements to not get a ticket while driving.

If we actually required drivers to develop and show confidence before being given a full license, we would see SO many less problems with people being stupid, with people going slow in the left lane, with people slowing down traffic while they wait to change lanes, with people not getting in their lane early enough, etc.

Someone who delays an action in a car is as much a hazard (and sometimes more of a hazard) than someone who goes for it. I would much rather deal with someone who's slightly overconfident than someone who's underconfident - at least the overconfident person isn't going to slam on their brakes on the deerfoot because they want to change lanes but can't figure out where or how to do so.
    Tundra, Z1000

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

I ride a bike too - When people drive dangerously around you and make you uncomfortable - what do you do? You react accordingly. Is the person reversing any more illegal than you (and me) "dropping a gear, to disappear" (out of a dangerous situation) ?

If you were on your bike behind the coal-rolling truck and he began billowing out clouds of thick black toxic smoke and it came at you - you would sit there and accept it? I wouldn't......

There's just absolutely zero reason for the truck to be driving the way he was..

I'm not arguing your point - the dodge obviously shouldn't reverse - but they weren't doing so for no reason. They were doing it because of the truck driving the way he's driving which is entirely unnecessary. I'll side with anyone > the truck.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

You *never* reverse on a public road, it's just stupid.
    Soo, you're sitting there at a light and on an upward hill... the car in front of you starts rolling backwards because he's an idiot and took pressure of the brake pedal while gawking at his phone... you would just let him roll into you, even after checking your mirror to make sure no one was behind you and was safe to do so?

You don't have to answer that, I already know the answer.

Checked out the video three times and still couldn't see what the BMW did wrong. He was maybe a little close on the turn to the car in front but that's likely didn't bother anyone. Whatever the BMW driver did must have been before the video clip. On the other hand the diesel pick-up truck driver is just trying to cause trouble cutting in and out and spewing black smoke. Not sure if anything Unfortunately, there are assholes out there that do this kind of stuff. I am surprise everybody just left their windows open... I would have closed my windows and turn on my HVAC to recirculate air as soon as possible.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Soo, you're sitting there at a light and on an upward hill... the car in front of you starts rolling backwards because he's an idiot and took pressure of the brake pedal while gawking at his phone... you would just let him roll into you, even after checking your mirror to make sure no one was behind you and was safe to do so?

You don't have to answer that, I already know the answer.
    100% Agree with you on this one... (has actually happened to me more than once traveling WB Country Hills @ Harvest Hills intersection (by the Shell gas station). Slight hill at that intersection.

Originally posted by cloud7
    Checked out the video three times and still couldn't see what the BMW did wrong. He was maybe a little close on the turn to the car in front but that's likely didn't bother anyone. Whatever the BMW driver did must have been before the video clip. On the other hand the diesel pick-up truck driver is just trying to cause trouble cutting in and out and spewing black smoke. Not sure if anything Unfortunately, there are assholes out there that do this kind of stuff. I am surprise everybody just left their windows open... I would have closed my windows and turn on my HVAC to recirculate air as soon as possible.
    Well, the BMW driver was speeding in what appeared to be an effort to keep up with the truck. Weaved in and out a few cars, but couldn't keep up. Forgot his turn signal alot, and cut back in last second leaving mere inches from the car ahead of it as it took the corner into Coventry. Then, turned wide and was in the middle of two lanes for a brief moment (what if a car was there?). Proceeds to turn off right into the community, again forgetting his signal. (All while his brake lights are practically non-existent due to the tinted taillights...)

So much shitty driving my brain hurts

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

You cannot reverse on any public road legally at all.
    Wrong.

Parallel parking requires you to reverse on a public road.

Snowcat out.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Originally posted by snowcat

Wrong.

Snowcat out.

Originally posted by snowcat
    Wrong.

Snowcat out.
    So does reversing out of one's driveway and in fact, there's not one mention of the word "reverse" in the Alberta Traffic Safety Act and even better, the GOA speaks of how to reverse properly on their 'A Driver's Guide to Operation, Safety and Licensing' web site (link). Even the Alberta Driver's Handbook (which is being studied by someone in our home right now) speaks about how to backup (reverse) on pages 59-60.

Parallel parking per snowcat, angle parking, front driveways - krprice84, please do educate us all how to get out without reversing on a roadway.
    Last edited by speedog; 04-23-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Is it actually illegal for a truck to spew black shit like that? Well, sorry, yes it is. What I mean is, do the police EVER enforce that part of the law?

The law does clearly state that no vehicle is to produce "excess" smoke - why do cops not do something about it?

As for "not rolling coal when cops are around" is that something that the driver of a truck like this can "just choose" not to do? Is it as simple as him pressing a button on his Bullydog tuner?

Finally... what the hell is the point of it? I can't imagine that a truck that's spewing black shit is actually producing more power than a well-tuned truck that isn't....that black smoke is, what, due to an excess of fuel? So he's running excessively rich?
    Section 51.2 of the Calgary Traffic Bylaw
    51.2 No owner or operator of a vehicle shall permit the operation of a vehicle on a street while
    that vehicle is discharging a plume or trail of visible smoke from its exhaust pipe or
    exhaust system.
    (B/L 36M2003, 2003 July 28)
    Last edited by J-D; 04-23-2015 at 06:17 PM.

I've got one of me getting a traffic ticket from a police officer the other day. I got pulled over for doing an illegal uturn near a construction site(sting operation pulling over lots of people). The undercover walks over to me and tells me he ran my plate earlier in the day but decided not to pull me over. Could have been $300+ in tickets instead of the $115 for an illegal u-turn.

Hoping i can use my dash cam video to show they targeted me since they didn't pull me over earlier in the day and they let drivers go that were before me and after me.

What software is everyone using to edit their dash cam videos? My clips are in short 60 second clips that i would need to edit together. Or for some shorter clips cut it down to 25 secs or so as i know most peoples attention spans cant handle long videos.
    Last edited by gwill; 04-23-2015 at 06:49 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by gwill

Hoping i can use my dash cam video to show they targeted me since they didn't pull me over earlier in the day and they let drivers go that were before me and after me.
    You're going to try and get off on this by using proof you were targeted by police by using cam footage showing you doing something illegal twice?

Let us know how that goes for you.

A police officer selectively let others go who did the same u-turn and pulled me out of a group of vehicles. Then specifically mentions he ran my plate earlier... yeah i'll definitely fight it. Its his job to hold everyone accountable to the law not those he feels like targeting from a previous encounter.

A police officer selectively let others go who did the same u-turn and pulled me out of a group of vehicles. Then specifically mentions he ran my plate earlier... yeah i'll definitely fight it. Its his job to hold everyone accountable to the law not those he feels like targeting from a previous encounter.
    Police are allowed to use discretion.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Kijho
    Ive seen that tool around Coventry more than once...

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

You broke the law.

Period.

Have fun in court.

I've got one of me getting a traffic ticket from a police officer the other day. I got pulled over for doing an illegal uturn near a construction site(sting operation pulling over lots of people).
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeereabouts was this?

i'm not overly concerned about the ticket itself but I do have my dash cam to help me with any potential tickets or insurance scams or road rage incidents... so i may as well put it to its first test.

Even if i cant get out of it i have a funny dash cam story.
    Last edited by gwill; 04-23-2015 at 07:24 PM.

Page 106 of 178 FirstFirst ... 96 105 106 107 116 ... LastLast