Quantcast
Car-cam bad drivers thread - Page 107 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 107 of 178 FirstFirst ... 97 106 107 108 117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3558

Thread: Car-cam bad drivers thread

Originally posted by gwill
    A police officer selectively let others go who did the same u-turn and pulled me out of a group of vehicles. Then specifically mentions he ran my plate earlier... yeah i'll definitely fight it. Its his job to hold everyone accountable to the law not those he feels like targeting from a previous encounter.
    Is it? I am quite sure every officer is allowed to use some discretion in carrying out their duties even if it's not to any one person's liking.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by Kijho
    So many cars had their windows rolled down, you can see a few early on. I thought he was doing it to be a douche and get the smoke fumes in their windows or something

As great as this OjoCam is, even the original 1080 files I'm having trouble reading the plate because the position of the sun casts a shadow on the rear
    When I see an idiot or a potential idiot I just read the plate out loud then it's in the audio file.

Spitting at someone is assault. Rolling a toxic carcinogen in someone's face is assault, as well as administering a noxious substance. It's becoming common enough on the bike that I might get a helmet cam and push the issue.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Guys.. something happened yesterday and I nearly shed a tear of happiness. I never thought I'd experience such a kind gesture on the YYC streets...

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

roadmance

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 09:22 PM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

keep the video afterward to yourself, that's gonna be too personal for most people here.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Isn't that awesome? I've been using the courtesy method for years, no matter how bad of a day I may be having I wave people in, yield when I don't have to, pull up so people can turn, let people ahead in drive-thrus, etc. The results have been pretty positive, smiles, waves, kind words, even drive-thru orders paid for. The total time lost is negligible and I would recommend this approach to anyone.
    Just make sure you're not screwing anybody else over by yielding unnecessarily.

People who yield to jay-walkers or cars backing out of their driveway are a fucking menace.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 09:22 PM.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I only yield to hot jay walkers.

My Ride
    2012 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus

uh.... something something yielding only halfway to drunk jaywalkers?? is that how this is supposed to work?

*sigh* Yield when signed, merge when signed, cross at crosswalks, keep yer slow azz out of the fast lane... simple rules, that most can't seem to grasp...
    Cars:
    Tuxedo Black 2012 Ford Focus
    Copper Metallic 1984 Mustang

Originally posted by carson blocks

The Greenpeace chopper runs on smug, harvested from free-range organic grain-fed hippies.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Had this one happen on the way to hockey Thursday night.

I watch the guy switch lanes twice in ~50 meters, he then cuts me off to gain another two cars. I flip the bird, he clearly sees and decides to come to a full stop. Waits for me to go around and then speeds up to yell at me through the window. I didn't hear much cause I had my music going with a smile on my face to troll the guy. Didn't really feel like pulling over and getting in a scrap over something so petty. Maybe he was having a bad day, or just a little dicked rage mode guy

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I would have matched speed with that CUV, but maybe that's just me
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    I would have matched speed with that CUV, but maybe that's just me
    LOL me too I would've boxed him in hahaha
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Shout out to Genesis Builds for the can, the other thing would have flown out too if they weren't slowing down for the light

Also, corolla randomly blow ups
    Last edited by tha_bandit; 05-12-2015 at 05:03 PM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

^ Genesis guy is a full blown idiot.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

countermeasure deployed

My Ride
    Tundra, Z1000

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Soo, you're sitting there at a light and on an upward hill... the car in front of you starts rolling backwards because he's an idiot and took pressure of the brake pedal while gawking at his phone... you would just let him roll into you, even after checking your mirror to make sure no one was behind you and was safe to do so?

You don't have to answer that, I already know the answer.
    My comment meant you never LEGALLY reverse.

If I was in your situation above, I *might* reverse, if no one was behind me, but to be quite honest, what happens if a kid ran out behind my truck and I didn't see them? If I back over them, it's all on me that they're injured or dead - there's no legal excuse for backing up.

Further to that.... I could always use a new bumper... if someone is stupid enough to back into me on the road, I'm not going to risk my own insurance rates to save their ass. If I can be absolutely sure that I'm not gonna get screwed, I would lay on the horn and back up a few feet. If they kept coming, well shucks that sucks for them.

In fact, I was in one of my 4x4's out just outside of the east end of town, on my way to play around in a road construction area that was empty (holiday, lots of mud, couldn't resist), and we were behind a guy who was watering a dirt road with a water truck. I don't know how he didn't notice me, but when we got to the stop sign, he backed up (i assume he figured no one was there and he was going to water the other part of the road in reverse?). I laid on the horn, but my mirrors are crappy in that truck, and the tranny isn't easy to shift quickly, so I didn't even bother shifting. I knew that if I backed up, I was risking getting a claim against me. He didn't hear me, bashed my winch, and a couple of hours later gave me a few hundred bucks to cover the damage. I wasn't trying to be an ass, but I'm certainly not going to risk myself because someone else is being dumb.

As for the coal rolling... I wouldn't back up. On a bike I'd gun it and go around him, just because I'm not gonna sit there and breath in that shit. But in my truck, I'm just gonna sit there. Who cares if he blows a little coal on me? Is it going to end my life? Can I not just shut my windows? Again, no reason to back up.

That's all I'm getting at, is there's NO reason to back up, 99% of the time. And 100% of the time, if you back up into something or someone, you're at fault.

Was the guy in the truck being a douche? Yea, he was. But I wouldn't say he did anything that should cause anyone but the most squeamish and jittery driver any issues.
    Tundra, Z1000

My Ride
    Tundra, Z1000

Originally posted by snowcat

Wrong.

Parallel parking requires you to reverse on a public road.

Snowcat out.
    owned....

I guess a better explanation would be "you are liable for any accidents caused while reversing on a public road"

and to go further, I wouldn't be risking it unless I had to (like you say, parallel parking, backing into a driveway, etc).

If someone wants to be on their phone at a light, and lets off the brake and backs into me, tough titties for them. Get off the damn phone. If I suspected they were on the phone, I wouldn't even hit the horn... serves them right. I'm tired of watching people almost veer into me, or almost rear end me, because they "just have to tell their friend they just saw some sexy God-Like man on a Kawi Z1000...."

better?
    Tundra, Z1000

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

The Alberta Traffic Act states this:

A person driving a vehicle shall not back up the vehicle unless
    the movement can be made in safety and the movement will not
    interfere with other traffic on the highway.
    Of course you can legally reverse.

Page 107 of 178 FirstFirst ... 97 106 107 108 117 ... LastLast