Car-cam bad drivers thread - Page 71 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 71 of 178 FirstFirst ... 61 70 71 72 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 3558

Thread: Car-cam bad drivers thread

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by gx12
    wtf is wrong with these assholes?
    I've heard this happen to a co-worker before, as he works in the NE quite often too.

they are definitely not undercover police of any kind, I manage to spot 2 drivers(looks like east Indians) in casual clothes. all normal looking trucks.
    out for a truck-night cruise maybe?

it's by 64ave & Metis trail NE at 1:05am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emuEcuAZ9sM
    Wow, can any CPS members on beyond chime in on this?
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by gx12
    this happens too often, even at low speed with highbeam on and blue/black jacket blue bike helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuLh_plZph4
    As I was watching the video as soon as I saw that truck on the left pull up I completely expected it to pull out. That's the mindset you have to have while riding a motorcycle in ANY city. Calgary isn't any worse than anywhere else.

I still ride with my high beam on during the day, don't know if it really helps or not but it can't hurt. After dark I drop it to low beam though.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Originally posted by Zhariak
    Wow, can any CPS members on beyond chime in on this?
    I'm not a CPS member, but I'm fairly certain those are not CPS vehicles.

While the TSA allows for a police officer to break any traffic law while performing his duties (lights or no lights), CPS do not generally go through red lights without the lights and sirens on.

In fact, forget the lights and sirens...that's not even how Calgary police officers go through red lights! They're required to stop before entering the intersection (even with the siren going) and they can't go through unless they're ABSOLUTELY sure that all traffic has come to a complete stop.

One wrong move going through a red light, and the officer can be held liable for causing an accident. Motorists have to yield to emergency vehicles, but the onus is on the officer that any move he makes is executed safely.

Back to the video though...that's just NE drivers doing what they do. Douche #1 runs the red light, and everyone behind him figures that because they're close enough to the guy in front of them, that they can do it too. Its 1:00 in the morning, and the cars facing the green light are already stopped/blocked by the car ahead of them. So they figure "Mehh, they're already waiting. I'll just go too!"

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Stealth22

Back to the video though...that's just NE drivers doing what they do. Douche #1 runs the red light, and everyone behind him figures that because they're close enough to the guy in front of them, that they can do it too. Its 1:00 in the morning, and the cars facing the green light are already stopped/blocked by the car ahead of them. So they figure "Mehh, they're already waiting. I'll just go too!"
    No, there's been video of this exact maneuver before in this thread, and I've heard it from others seeing it as well.

There's one truck blocking the two cars that are turning left, while the rest of his cohorts turn the red. It's 100% on purpose.

My only two guesses are

A) Private militia doing training practice
    or (more likely)
    B) Transporting something illegal in several of the trucks, and some are empty to pull away any single CPS car that might try and pull one over.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 07-31-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

No, there's been video of this exact maneuver before in this thread, and I've heard it from others seeing it as well.

There's one truck blocking the two cars that are turning left, while the rest of his cohorts turn the red. It's 100% on purpose.

My only two guesses are

A) Private militia doing training practice
    or (more likely)
    B) Transporting something illegal in several of the trucks, and some are empty to pull away any single CPS car that might try and pull one over.
    The other one was slightly less of a shit show, but they are both definitely just a group of idiots being idiots.
    Both were done in a manner that would suggest they have no idea what they are doing. IIRC on the other one, the blocking vehicle drives off once his buddies get close rather than continue to block the intersection, further showing that they are people who have no idea what they are doing.

Also...........why on earth would anyone transporting something illegal go so far out of their way to attract attention?
    Fairly sure when people are doing that they keep a low key, not try to get pulled over. Unless they had signs on the back saying "Dead hookers and bricks of cocaine inside". In which case, this move is understandable.

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

Originally posted by Mista Bob

The other one was slightly less of a shit show, but they are both definitely just a group of idiots being idiots.
    Both were done in a manner that would suggest they have no idea what they are doing. IIRC on the other one, the blocking vehicle drives off once his buddies get close rather than continue to block the intersection, further showing that they are people who have no idea what they are doing.

Also...........why on earth would anyone transporting something illegal go so far out of their way to attract attention?
    Fairly sure when people are doing that they keep a low key, not try to get pulled over. Unless they had signs on the back saying "Dead hookers and bricks of cocaine inside". In which case, this move is understandable.
    I disagree. I think it's too coordinated/deliberate to be a bunch of teenagers out for a rip. Most likely an undercover sector of cps like the heat team doing training.

Originally posted by cherpintow

I disagree. I think it's too coordinated/deliberate to be a bunch of teenagers out for a rip. Most likely an undercover sector of cps like the heat team doing training.
    Coordination? What coordination?
    They didn't even block the intersection as you can clearly see by the camera car slamming on the brakes not expecting a douche parade.
    They only block the turning lane despite having more than enough vehicles to block the rest off, especially since they would have been able to see the camera car approaching.

Only thing coordinated is how they are all idiots.

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Originally posted by colinxx235
    It would seem with changing work locations my videos have reduced quite a bit... Unfortunately the video with the morning sun/lighting didn't catch the plate
    Have you ever thought of moving your camera angle slightly down?

I noticed with my camera that it helps with the brightness and glare.

Last edited by Xamim; 12-09-2019 at 03:16 PM.

My Ride
    growls

One of these days, I'm going to follow someone or hit them intentionally. Had my turn signal on to exit as well.

Two in one day. /rage

The guy in the lexus; No fucking idea where he was going. In the middle of both lanes too??

Originally posted by Squishy
    One of these days, I'm going to follow someone or hit them intentionally. Had my turn signal on to exit as well.

Two in one day. /rage

The guy in the lexus; No fucking idea where he was going. In the middle of both lanes too??

I used to live in the south, and ya, that traffic circle is awful. And the funny thing is, it's the people that live in McKenzie Town that don't know how to use it. No offense to anyone that lives in McKenzie Town that actually knows how to use a traffic circle

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by Squishy

Two in one day. /rage

Fuck this area... People here are sooo stupid...

I hate the traffic circle. It was fucked up before the city started putting up all the signs and shit, but even then it still had problems.

Way too many "entitled" people who blow through 4 and 3-way stops, use the traffic circle wrong, etc...
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    14 sierra crew cab, 2000 harley road king

Originally posted by Zhariak

Fuck this area... People here are sooo stupid...

I hate the traffic circle. It was fucked up before the city started putting up all the signs and shit, but even then it still had problems.

Way too many "entitled" people who blow through 4 and 3-way stops, use the traffic circle wrong, etc...
    I live in Mckenzie Towne also so i feel your pain. That traffic circle drives me nuts, the city should have left it alone

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

Originally posted by Xamim
    This right here makes me want to get a train horn...
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

This ones obviously not mine, just off youtube, but I thought it was pretty hilarious. Both guys are idiots though.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    This ones obviously not mine, just off youtube, but I thought it was pretty hilarious. Both guys are idiots though.

ahaha thats jokes.

Here is Episode #5 of "Bad Drivers of YYC".

Also, if anyone was thinking of purchasing or upgrading to BlackVue's new DR600GW-HD or DR650GW-2CH, I will have stock the middle of August 2014. Any pre-orders that are made before my shipment comes in will receive a free "Power Magic Pro".

had to double take this one... then face palm

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

What do people use for a video editing tool for pc?....preferably free?
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Originally posted by rotten42
    What do people use for a video editing tool for pc?....preferably free?
    Final Cut Pro X

Page 71 of 178 FirstFirst ... 61 70 71 72 81 ... LastLast