Quantcast
Car-cam bad drivers thread - Page 139 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 139 of 178 FirstFirst ... 129 138 139 140 149 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 3558

Thread: Car-cam bad drivers thread

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by JohnnyHockey

Holy how fucking stupid is that driver?!
    Stupid, yes. Absolutely. But RP: The person had their signal on, and to me it was clear they were making their stupid intentions known. I feel you put yourself in a position to have an accident when you didn't need to.

Not saying you are technically in the wrong - clearly this was a bonehead move. But even watching it again didn't alleviate my thought it was obvious they were cutting across.

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Originally posted by Kloubek

Stupid, yes. Absolutely. But RP: The person had their signal on, and to me it was clear they were making their stupid intentions known. I feel you put yourself in a position to have an accident when you didn't need to.

Not saying you are technically in the wrong - clearly this was a bonehead move. But even watching it again didn't alleviate my thought it was obvious they were cutting across.
    Ya for sure, this is where defensive driving comes in handy....but I wasn't there so I can't judge, but I always assume the person beside me is going to change lines without checking so either be prepared to speed up or brake to slow down to ensure you're behind them. In this situation though, I don't think you'd expect someone to cut three lanes without shoulder checking.... a normal person who isn't a moron would shoulder check and wait for you to pass before proceeding...

Not only do you have the benefit of seeing the video after the fact (knowing the outcome), but the camera holds a different angle than the driver so you are not seeing exactly what the driver was at the time of the incident.

With that said, the Jeep is in the A pillar blind spot, and moves in such a way that it does not appear they are changing lanes. I learned a long time ago in physics class that if you are moving and see another object (also moving) but it doesn't look like it is changing position.. you are headed for a collision.

The Jeep also turns sharply right at the point of impact to make the exit into the parking lot. Also doesn't help him that he says he "didn't see me."

My Ride
    08 Suzuki SX4,06 Nissan Titan

bought this car 2 days earlier due to previous write off, this was almost a collision.
    Last edited by master hec0; 07-22-2016 at 10:58 PM.

My Ride

Man tonight I was driving by Mckenzie turn off, going southbound on Deerfoot, and was about to merge when I noticed this black shadow coming fast on the lane beside me, turns out it was a blackout dodge 2004 to 2007 truck with no lights on, just driving in the dark. I sped up to catch a license plate, I didn't have my other car with dash cam but I think it said DRTMIN or something like it, at the Mckenzie light he stopped and than ran the red light, took off at first exit in circle, I was taking third exit, sorry no video.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

The indicator they had on is for changing lanes. No way would the driver know he was going to turn into the shopping centre from lane you are not supposed to.

You also have to be in the lane ready for your turn 15m before as per Alberta regulations.

You are also watching a video and ready to see something happen. This is not the case when driving. It was not obvious they are cutting across.

Look at the root cause of this problem. If the jeep driver completed a safe maneuver, this collision wouldn't have happened.

Originally posted by snowcat

The indicator they had on is for changing lanes. No way would the driver know he was going to turn into the shopping centre from lane you are not supposed to.

You also have to be in the lane ready for your turn 15m before as per Alberta regulations.

You are also watching a video and ready to see something happen. This is not the case when driving. It was not obvious they are cutting across.

Look at the root cause of this problem. If the jeep driver completed a safe maneuver, this collision wouldn't have happened.
    Oh look at that, the poster child of fuck-wit driving has an opinion or two on safe driving. Take your P!nk haircut, and beat it ya fuckin' peacock.

Idiots

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Poor snowcat getting ripped on for no reason.

Noticed tonight a LOT of cars driving with no headlights in the dark and in the rain. Can't see them at all on some of the poorly lit roads. If it wasn't for my blindspot warnings I would've changed lanes into one guy for sure tonight.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

ILLEGAL U-TURNS?!

ON CITY STREETS?!

WITH THE IMPACT TO TRAFFIC BEHIND BEING NO WORSE THAN A CAR TURNING LEFT?!

AND A DRIVER CHANGING THEIR MIND ON DESTINATION AND/OR PATH?!

BUT INDICATING THEIR INTENTION AND MANEUVERING SAFELY?!

Well I never.

Originally posted by Mibz
    ILLEGAL U-TURNS?!

ON CITY STREETS?!

WITH THE IMPACT TO TRAFFIC BEHIND BEING NO WORSE THAN A CAR TURNING LEFT?!

AND A DRIVER CHANGING THEIR MIND ON DESTINATION AND/OR PATH?!

BUT INDICATING THEIR INTENTION AND MANEUVERING SAFELY?!

Well I never.
    so if i drive drunk but don't impede you, it's okay with you?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 02:38 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by wildrice

so if i drive drunk but don't impede you, it's okay with you?
    Somebody has:

Originally posted by 01RedDX

How do you know they were drunk?
    There was no inference to the driver in the video, wildrice was using themselves as an example, no?

Originally posted by 01RedDX

How do you know they were drunk?
    I wasn't referring to the cars in the video, i was just stating that as a general example...both things are illegal.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 02:37 PM.

My Ride
    Lexus NX

Here is a clip from today... The retard didn't shoulder check and probably didn't even realize the near miss.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by doomdealer
    Here is a clip from today... The retard didn't shoulder check and probably didn't even realize the near miss.

That was a close call alright... I seriously thought he clipped you!

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

oops
    Double post

My Ride

Yea sounded like he did wow

Page 139 of 178 FirstFirst ... 129 138 139 140 149 ... LastLast