Quantcast
Gem by Carati - Review - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Gem by Carati - Review

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Default Gem by Carati - Review

I guess this is the first review of our latest sponsor and I'm happy to say that it will be a very positive one. The manager, Justin Ng, was a pleasure to deal with both before and during the transaction and my experience was above and beyond what I have seen so far in Calgary. I had been talking with him for the last two weeks and finally stopped in today to have a look at some of his watches in person.

I believe that he carries Tissot, Victronix and Hamilton watches.

Communication.

Justin is incredibly punctual at returning PMs, many times within an hour of my sending them. Between that and his posts on the forum, I was never left with an unanswered question. I had some concerns regarding one of the models I was looking at and he went as far as contacting his rep and the manufacturer to find out more about the possible issues.

Location.

Carati is located on the second floor of Scotia Center downtown and has another location just upstairs. The store itself is well lit and everything is well presented in cases that are pretty much a perfect height. You don't need to stoop down to look at anything and there are no shadows to obscure your view. The store's design keeps it nice and quiet, even if the mall outside is noisy.

Service.

The level of service that I got was outstanding. When I go there, Justin had remembered the watches I had been thinking about and had them right there ready to look at. Unlike some of the other stores I have been to, there was no issue with trying them on and handling them to compare them. I think at one point we had 8 or 9 watches out to look at. I wanted to look at a specific color face that was not in the case, Justin had no problem sending someone upstairs and had one brought down within a few minutes. I also needed my Tag Formula 1 serviced and Justin was more than happy to take care of that as well, he managed to do this right then while I was waiting.

Price.

All of Justin's prices are clearly marked on each piece and were also shown when we looked through his binder that contained all the pieces he could order. I won't go into detail on specifics out of respect for Justin, but I will say that I am very happy with the price that I paid. For the model that I wound up with, Justin's price beat everyone that I had seen (including the web).

Overall, I am very happy with the piece I ended up ordering and very impressed with Justin and his staff. If you are in the market for a watch or any other jewellery, you should seriously consider giving Justin a call.

My watch is coming in from Toronto and should be here by Friday, so there will be some pictures posted then.
    Last edited by FraserB; 08-17-2012 at 11:38 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Exploded.

It's definitely a good thing I didn't come with you today! I would've totally bought one with you and be sad in Asia lol.

Glad to hear you had good communication with Justin and I expect more business coming to him after this review. I know that he'll be my go-to guy for Hamilton's coming soon and maybe other brands when (if) added.

Last edited by Cos; 01-02-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    X3

Thanks for the glowing review Fraser, really appreciate it!
    I'm glad you had a good experience, I try my best!

Flipstah, you're already in to deep. I know a watch addict when I see one... I got the stuff man

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Justing
    Thanks for the glowing review Fraser, really appreciate it!
    I'm glad you had a good experience, I try my best!

Flipstah, you're already in to deep. I know a watch addict when I see one... I got the stuff man
    LOL I am itchin' for a fix... But I must resist for now!