Quantcast
Absolute Auto Detailing $89 Deal Review (Long Review) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Absolute Auto Detailing $89 Deal Review (Long Review)

Default Absolute Auto Detailing $89 Deal Review (Long Review)

Absolute Auto Detailing

Discounted online deals from Absolute Auto Detailing along with other detailing services have been appearing for some time now. These sorts of deals have usually received negative reviews such as long wait times for booking an appointment, disappointing overall quality or the business does not exist anymore. Thus, I was quite hesitant to purchase their deal at the time: $89 for a full interior and exterior detailing ($20 extra for SUVs and other large vehicles).

$109 (I have an RDX so the $20 extra applies) is quite a lot of money to pay someone for something that I can do on a sunny Saturday morning, but I was more interested in getting my leather seats shampooed more than anything, really. So I said “ah, what the heck” and bought the deal.

First of all, this review is for someone who does not want to spend a whole wad of cash on getting their car cleaned. I have never had my car detailed so I do not have any prior experience with other detailing services. The detailing deal includes full interior and exterior detailing, including shampooing of either the seats or the floor mats; $45 extra to shampoo both. I will break this review down in 3 parts: Customer Service, Product Quality and Value. On to my review of Absolute Auto Detailing:

Customer Service:
    I am a pretty laid back guy so it’s not very hard to please me as a customer. The owners are a father and son team with the son at the front counter and the father doing the actual detailing. They have answered all my inquiries politely and with professionalism. The Groupon deal was pretty straight forward so I knew what I was getting in this deal. I was told the whole process takes 2 hours to complete. My appointment was at 10am and they had completed the process by 11:45am. I had made my appointment about 3 weeks ago and I did not have any problems booking my appointments, whatsoever.

The owner and one of the techs showed me the final product with a walk around the vehicle to ensure that I am satisfied, which is nice. The rear of my RDX has this adhesive-dirt-looking thing running down all the emblems and they had pointed out that it is a defect from the factory. I went to Acura and they had said that they will fix it, so thanks to Absolute Auto Detailing, I will hopefully get that issue resolved. Maybe I’ll have a Silverhill Acura review in the works?

My rating: 9/10

Product Quality:
    The saying “You get what you pay for” is all new to me in this case. I had paid $109 and I would have to say that I am fairly impressed with their finished product. I wish I had asked them how many techs were working on my RDX; it takes me just about 3 hours to clean my car inside and out minus shampooing the seats. I tried to take pictures of my car for a “before and after” comparison but it was very difficult to see how dirty it was with my iPhone camera. My RDX was more dusty than anything so I just expected all the panels and corners wiped, I guess.

Overall, I was impressed with the quality of their work. There were, however, some corners where some dust and other debris had been caked in and they were not able to get rid of all of it. I know, I know…you get what you pay for; I can’t expect ALL of the small details in the car to be perfect with just 2 hours of work for $109. Ultimately, the interior was wiped and cleaned to my satisfaction. They had shampooed the seats, vacuumed the carpet, the floor mats and the trunk. I did not really care much for the exterior but I believe it was just a basic wash and dry procedure. There were streaks running along the side of the car so I guess there were some parts that were not fully dried.

My Rating: 7.5/10

Value:
    Is the Groupon deal of $89 for a full interior and exterior detail at Absolute Auto Detailing worth it? Yes. Like I mentioned at the beginning of this review, I had never gotten my car professionally detailed nor can I justify spending a lot of money to get my car cleaned. I would buy this deal again when they have the deals for sale. I would absolutely recommend this place for somebody who wants to get their vehicles cleaned at a very reasonable price.

My rating: 8/10

I apologize for the crappy iPhone pictures:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

Sorry for the bump but I bought a similar deal, made an appointment four weeks ago and drove all the way from NW to SE Calgary only to find the place abandoned. Their hours clearly state 10 to 6 today, even at their door. And I made this appointment weeks in advance. Needless to say, I'm extremely frustrated by this whole experience.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I don't think anyone charges $100 for a full detail on a SUV will stay in business for long.

I'm glad the coupon fad is over now people realize it's not even worth the initial wave of traffic as loss leaders.

My Ride
    2012 Acura TSX

There is another coupon from them on Dealfind today...I wonder if they had moved locations? I am still trying to decide if I want to buy it. Are there ANY good and reputable detailing places out there if these Dealfind and Groupon places are sketchy?

Originally posted by Hatemonger
    There is another coupon from them on Dealfind today...I wonder if they had moved locations? I am still trying to decide if I want to buy it. Are there ANY good and reputable detailing places out there if these Dealfind and Groupon places are sketchy?

I was able to get in touch with them the following day and they indicated they ran out of shampoo but didn't have my number and was thus unable to get ahold of me.

In return, they made room for me to get it done just 2 days and insisted on not charging me for this detail. I was quite impressed by their attitude and this gesture of goodwill, especially considering they're a small business to begin with.

I am overall also quite impressed by the job they did with my car, and definitely intend to visit them again in the near future. Definitely recommended as long as you can find a reasonable deal online.

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Does anyone have any recent reviews on this company? Still see Groupon deals showing up. Let me know what you think. Want to make sure that they can honor the deal and do a decent job as well.

I went in there back in February, and I left with a real REAL bad experience. I wouldn't recommend those guys to my worst enemy.

Originally posted by TQuon
    I went in there back in February, and I left with a real REAL bad experience. I wouldn't recommend those guys to my worst enemy.
    What happened? I've got a 2011 RDX and don't want them screwing it up...
    Sometimes you have to take a chance, whether that be on someone, or something!

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I'm going to guess it was a better deal than Koncept Auto Works, where my wife purchased me a deal off one of those sites.

$130 in extra charges for several "reasons", but the best was $40 for excessive pet hair (which wasn't excessive, nor did they remove it). The detailing job was obviously very rushed with all areas that had anything more than dust still dirty when I got it back.

The manager of that place indicated to me that the deal only got me a "quick wipe", as opposed to the wording of it when purchased which was for a "complete interior and exterior detailing".

I'm pretty sure they also put a hole in the leather armrest of my console, but I was not 100% sure they did it so I didn't go back to question them on it.

My girl also bought me this package...Kinda scares me though...

Got my winter beater done there as it was previously owned by a a dude that left it dirty as all hell and I figured I'd give it a go since I really had nothing to lose. My general impression is that the business exists solely because they had some extra space in their shop, everyone there was there with a groupon (me included) and it was run pretty casually.

I wasn't expecting much and the results was more or less what I was expecting for the price. They missed a lot of areas that I felt like I would've easily caught and I felt like I could've done a better job in the same time. My overall recommendation is that if you want a quick shampoo/clean of the interior and are a little bit lazy go for it, don't expect anything great though.

Originally posted by 2BLUE

What happened? I've got a 2011 RDX and don't want them screwing it up...

Sorry for such a late reply, if you're still wondering or care about my bad experience just PM me.

My Ride
    BMW 545i

Detailing appointment: Friday March 22nd, 2013 for 3:30 pm
    Second Vist on May 10th, 2013
    I am not usually one to take time from my busy schedule to complain about a service. This is actually a first. I am so extremely disappointed with the service (or lack thereof) from this establishment. Several attempts were made (including leaving voice messages on their system as I have never been able to reach someone directly by phone) after my appointment to reach them so hopefully resolve my dissatisfaction. My Wife purchased this $89 dollar (up to $300 value groupon) and I so disappointed I actually photographed the vehicle the next day to document the poor work done during my appointment. The vehicles exterior was cleaned about the same as an Esso $9.99 car wash, and the interior required cleaning after someone had wiped id down with what I can only assume was a dirty rag. My instrument cluster and Nav screens both had a filthy haze over them. The door panel had some dried dirty water marks on it. Other sections of the vehicle were not wiped at all. The carpets in both the passenger compartment and the trunk were not vacuumed from what I can see. The floor matts appeared to have been pressure washed (not shampooed) and took more than 5 days hanging in my garage to dry so i could place them back in the vehicle after finding them stacked in the trunk when I arrived home. I attempted to reach someone at Absolute Auto Detailing and till the time of writing this review after having left voice messages have not heard a word back. Extremely disappointed.
    I received Groupon customer satisfaction review shortly after having written this and sent them a copy of this letter. Less than 15 minutes after having submitted by response, I received a call from Frank the owner of Absolute Auto Detailing. He informed me that he was out of the shop that afternoon and had received a couple of complaints about work that had been done that day. Frank assured me that if I would bring my car back in it would be detailed in a manner expected with the Groupon I had purchased. He asked me to call and give them just one days notice and they would get me in and take really good care of me.
    Well it once again took several voice messages and a couple of emails over a week’s time or so to reach Frank and finally get booked in for my appointment.
    Well, one would think that after having one botched detailing there would be some consideration in making sure that the second time around the vehicle was cleaned properly. Well is you were dealing with Absolute Auto detailing you would have made an incorrect assumption. The appointment took just over 2 hours and when the vehicle was returned to me it was not well cleaned let alone detailed. The windshield had only been cleaned on the passenger’s side (not even wiped off on the driver’s side. Once again the interior looked as though a dirty cleaning rag had once again been used to wipe of the interior panels, leaving streaks throughout the cabin. The back seat hand not even been vacuumed thoroughly enough to remove the dog hair let alone shampooed to a clean state.
    So Even after a second attempt to correct the poor quality job done the first time. My opinion of this establishment remains the same. A drive through car wash for $9.99 will do just a good if not a better job on the exterior of your car and an hour with a vacuum and some window cleaner in your own driveway will leave your car looking better than a visit to Absolute Auto Detailing!
    This is one groupon I would absolutely not recommend to anyone.

Looks like Absolute Auto Detailing has another special on with groupon... $14.00 and $30.00 package

Taking care of a car is important because it maximizes your investment and is the only thing that dads will ever respect. Drive on with this Groupon.

Choose Between Two Options

$14 for a starter detailing package (a $60 value)
    •Vacuuming of interior and trunk, if empty
    •Wipe-down of all surfaces
    •Cleaning of windows and mirrors
    •Pressure washing of floor mats

$30 for a house-special detailing package (a $146 value)
    •Vacuuming of interior and trunk, if empty
    •Cleaning, shining, and protecting of all surfaces
    •Shampooing of upholstery, including seats and floor mats
    •Shining of interior and exterior windows and mirrors
    •Basic exterior wash

Absolute Auto Detailing

The family-owned Absolute Auto Detailing keeps all kinds of vehicles looking great inside and out, whether cars and trucks or motorcycles, boats, and carousel horses. As technicians to finish the detail services, customers can access free Wi-Fi and sip complimentary coffee and water in the waiting room.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/absolute-auto-detailing-2

Originally posted by alanbirce
    Detailing appointment: Friday March 22nd, 2013 for 3:30 pm
    Second Vist on May 10th, 2013
    I am not usually one to take time from my busy schedule to complain about a service. This is actually a first. I am so extremely disappointed with the service (or lack thereof) from this establishment. Several attempts were made (including leaving voice messages on their system as I have never been able to reach someone directly by phone) after my appointment to reach them so hopefully resolve my dissatisfaction. My Wife purchased this $89 dollar (up to $300 value groupon) and I so disappointed I actually photographed the vehicle the next day to document the poor work done during my appointment. The vehicles exterior was cleaned about the same as an Esso $9.99 car wash, and the interior required cleaning after someone had wiped id down with what I can only assume was a dirty rag. My instrument cluster and Nav screens both had a filthy haze over them. The door panel had some dried dirty water marks on it. Other sections of the vehicle were not wiped at all. The carpets in both the passenger compartment and the trunk were not vacuumed from what I can see. The floor matts appeared to have been pressure washed (not shampooed) and took more than 5 days hanging in my garage to dry so i could place them back in the vehicle after finding them stacked in the trunk when I arrived home. I attempted to reach someone at Absolute Auto Detailing and till the time of writing this review after having left voice messages have not heard a word back. Extremely disappointed.
    I received Groupon customer satisfaction review shortly after having written this and sent them a copy of this letter. Less than 15 minutes after having submitted by response, I received a call from Frank the owner of Absolute Auto Detailing. He informed me that he was out of the shop that afternoon and had received a couple of complaints about work that had been done that day. Frank assured me that if I would bring my car back in it would be detailed in a manner expected with the Groupon I had purchased. He asked me to call and give them just one days notice and they would get me in and take really good care of me.
    Well it once again took several voice messages and a couple of emails over a week’s time or so to reach Frank and finally get booked in for my appointment.
    Well, one would think that after having one botched detailing there would be some consideration in making sure that the second time around the vehicle was cleaned properly. Well is you were dealing with Absolute Auto detailing you would have made an incorrect assumption. The appointment took just over 2 hours and when the vehicle was returned to me it was not well cleaned let alone detailed. The windshield had only been cleaned on the passenger’s side (not even wiped off on the driver’s side. Once again the interior looked as though a dirty cleaning rag had once again been used to wipe of the interior panels, leaving streaks throughout the cabin. The back seat hand not even been vacuumed thoroughly enough to remove the dog hair let alone shampooed to a clean state.
    So Even after a second attempt to correct the poor quality job done the first time. My opinion of this establishment remains the same. A drive through car wash for $9.99 will do just a good if not a better job on the exterior of your car and an hour with a vacuum and some window cleaner in your own driveway will leave your car looking better than a visit to Absolute Auto Detailing!
    This is one groupon I would absolutely not recommend to anyone.

If you care enough about the money, you can contact Groupon to received credit/refund. I'm surprised you actually gave them a second chance.

Bought this Groupon a few weeks ago, been trying to email and call to book an appointment since my purchase. For me this process has been so far poor. No returned call backs after a few voice messages left and no reply back to my emails.

Also noticed on the voicemail that the person saying the message screwed up the email address to be contacted at.

Definitely wouldnt recommend this company if this is how their customer service really is.

Thumbs down

No matter how good of a deal this seems, RUN AWAY!!!

I bought two of their "After the Holidays" detailing packages from a deal site at the end of January. Predictably, it took me many phone calls to set a date. Phone calls were not returned, and once I called only to get a message that their mailbox was full. I finally managed to schedule my two appointments via email - one for the beginning of May, the other for tomorrow, May 30. Four months to schedule an appointment is way too long, but it was a good deal for car detailing. Or so I thought....

The day before my first appointment, I get a phone call from Amanda, telling me they have to cancel it because try had problems (flooding, I think) at the shop, and needed to relocate (according to their Facebook page, they relocated over a week previously, so why I got the phone call so late is beyond me!). Naturally, I was upset. After all, I had waited 4 months for this! When pressed for when my appointment would be rescheduled (apparently it was too hard to do it right then?), I was solemnly promised that I would receive a phone call in less than two weeks.

OF COURSE I didn't receive a phone call within two weeks! Commence Round 2 of trying to contact Absolute Auto Detailing. After a few days of continuous phone messages with no return call and trying to contact them via email and their Facebook page, I contacted the deal site and got a website credit (not a full refund, as too much time had elapsed).

But wait! It doesn't end there!! Over a week after my initial call and after I've received my refund, I finally get a return call today. I'm not home, so the lovely Amanda leaves a message telling me she "understands I've been having issues contacting them". Really Amanda? What was your first @&$#% clue??

The comedy of errors continues. I didn't bother canceling tomorrow's appointment. After all, how can I cancel it if I can't get in touch with them? No worries, though. I got a phone call on my answering machine this afternoon, canceling tomorrow's appointment because they're having "technical difficulties" in their shop.

To quote Monty Python, "RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!". This company is a joke. They also have a "C" rating on the Better Business Bureau website, so do your homework.

My Ride
    FA5

They have a deal on groupon 79% off for $14 and apparently 5000+ people in Calgary have bought it. I mean what do you have to lose if it's only $14 right? But I will listen to Girldriver above and stay away from them lol.

DIY FTW!

Originally posted by muffzz
    They have a deal on groupon 79% off for $14 and apparently 5000+ people in Calgary have bought it. I mean what do you have to lose if it's only $14 right? But I will listen to Girldriver above and stay away from them lol.

DIY FTW!
    LOL! Your time is worth more than that.

What I find interesting is that these deals are loss leaders for the companies offering them to drive up future business. They typically get half of what the deal is being offered for, with the deal company getting the other half. In other words, they would only receive $7 for each one of those Groupons. They are losing money on these, and given how they operate, repeat customers will be pretty scarce.

They couldn't complete deals bought in January (ie mine), and I'm pretty sure they offered at least one other between then and now. So it would not be unreasonable to say they have a huge backlog of people waiting for appointments. Best of luck to those 5000+ suckers who bought the latest offering. At this rate, I would be surprised if they stay in business long enough to fulfill all of those orders!

My Ride
    FA5

Originally posted by Girldriver

LOL! Your time is worth more than that.

What I find interesting is that these deals are loss leaders for the companies offering them to drive up future business. They typically get half of what the deal is being offered for, with the deal company getting the other half. In other words, they would only receive $7 for each one of those Groupons. They are losing money on these, and given how they operate, repeat customers will be pretty scarce.

They couldn't complete deals bought in January (ie mine), and I'm pretty sure they offered at least one other between then and now. So it would not be unreasonable to say they have a huge backlog of people waiting for appointments. Best of luck to those 5000+ suckers who bought the latest offering. At this rate, I would be surprised if they stay in business long enough to fulfill all of those orders!
    Maybe that's why it's so cheap because they're not a good reputable place lol and they can't keep their clients. Best thing to do is go to a coin wash $4-8 you can clean your exterior to make it look real mint..presoak,wash,rinse,wax,spot free etc.. and then you can spend a good 30 mins on your own detailing the inside or.....get a friend to do it :p