Quantcast
Assetto Corsa - Discussion - Finally a proper PC racing sim? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Assetto Corsa - Discussion - Finally a proper PC racing sim?

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Default Assetto Corsa - Discussion - Finally a proper PC racing sim?

Assetto Corsa is a new PC-based racing game for Windows, expected to be released in 2012. Assetto Corsa is being designed to provide a very realistic driving experience, with single player and multiplayer options, officially licensed cars and tracks developed using Laser scan technology, and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments.
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Anyone else heard of this game?
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Never heard of it, but I'll gladly try it when it comes out. Speaking of "proper" racing sims, what's wrong with iRacing? It's the most accurate racing simulator I've ever played from a driving point of view. It makes Gran Turismo and Forza feel like you're driving a tractor in an old Atari game.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by wtf im nameless
    Never heard of it, but I'll gladly try it when it comes out. Speaking of "proper" racing sims, what's wrong with iRacing? It's the most accurate racing simulator I've ever played from a driving point of view. It makes Gran Turismo and Forza feel like you're driving a tractor in an old Atari game.
    Very limited car selection, graphics are still way behind games like forza and gran tourismo.

iRacing is mostly american cars.

IMO part of being an accurate simulator is graphics that don't look like 1995.

Also, Assetto Corsa claims to be moddable.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 08-20-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Originally posted by Modelexis

Very limited car selection, graphics are still way behind games like forza and gran tourismo.

iRacing is mostly american cars.
    You can't have your cake and eat it to. We're years (10+ at least) away from having anything that comes close to the look and feel of iRacing with the graphics and number of cars as Gran Turismo.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Another exciting new game due for release in the next year or so is Project CARS
    http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/08...ts-released-2/

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Been following the Dev blog. Doubt it'll get released this year but it's starting to look really promising.