Quantcast
Apple vs Google - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Apple vs Google

I spent many years getting myself to stop disliking Apple so much as a company, until all of this. Seems like they like being hated.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Apple deserves to be reminded they're not invincible. Next time they'll be more careful with whom they pick fights with.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by Mar
    Apple deserves to be reminded they're not invincible. Next time they'll be more careful with whom they pick fights with.
    They'd just need to look at their current and projected market shares to see that.

I despise that company.

Originally posted by dj_patm

They'd just need to look at their current and projected market shares to see that.

I despise that company.
    Market share is nice, but bottom line is profit. Apple is now worth more than any company ever has been, $620 billion with a P/E of only 15 (Google is worth $220 billion with a P/E of 20).

Plus I think the iPhone 5 is expected to be the biggest tech product launch in history.

I think for the short term, Apple is safe. Long term it boils down to whether it can continue to innovate. They probably want to set a precedent that other companies can't emulate what they come up with. Apple isn't really known for coming up with groundbreaking technology, they're more of a look-and-feel company, which is harder to protect against.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by dj_patm

Surely Apple isn't dumb. When you tell a company to go fuck themselves over technology they claim to have patented, you can bet on a lawsuit coming your way so I'm assuming if it was as simple as you suggest, they would have done it by now.

What did Apple expect to happen when they started fucking with everyone? Did they really expect Google to sit on the sidelines?

God I hate them sooo fucking much. I'm so glad their market share is dwindiling.
    +1

At least Blackberry has the good nature to just die off quietly, Apple hasn't innovated anything in a while so they're just going to stomp their feet, scream and cry that the competition has gotten ahead.
    Last edited by btimbit; 08-22-2012 at 04:31 PM.

i'm so glad i'm not the only one that hates apples. so many of my friends are ditching apple.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

I've had 4 generations of iPhones, recently switched to a S3 cause I thought Android had caught up to iOS.

After a month, I think I was probably one iteration early. ICS doesn't feel as polished as iOS does. I think iPhone5 will be a monster and break all sorts of sales records. However, from iPhone6 onwards, it's going to be a slow battle of attrition for Apple.

Very interested to see what Google's lawsuit will bring... though I doubt it'll yield anything serious in terms of Apple's roll-out schedule for their new iPhones/iPads.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-10-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Last edited by Cos; 01-02-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Meh.. you guys are all wasting your lives on this. "I despise apple because they don't innovate, or because they stole an idea, or because they feel litigious.. apple needs this... I spent many years not hating them..... meh.. what-the-fuck-ever. It's a company that makes shit. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. Same with any other company out there. It's not like they regularly come to your house and steal food out of your fridge or retrain your dog with bad habits. They have precisely as much impact on your lives as you let them. The way you guys talk about it I can imagine you're down in your basements in the dark with a flashlight and a notebook planning your evil revenge on apple for the "crappy monochrome BS computers in school that displayed a bomb sign " that you had to endure many many years ago...

Now, I do think it's interesting in an impartial sort of way that apple & google are going at it legally, but the *most* you'll get from me is a detached amusement. There's much more important things in life.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    2010 Subaru Forester XT

Originally posted by codetrap

Now, I do think it's interesting in an impartial sort of way that apple & google are going at it legally, but the *most* you'll get from me is a detached amusement. There's much more important things in life.
    Who cares if there are more important things in life? This is interesting to people. If you're only so concerned with the most important things in life, why are you on an internet discussion forum? Shouldn't you be out trying to solve the energy crisis?

My Ride

Originally posted by Majestic12
    Who cares if there are more important things in life? This is interesting to people. If you're only so concerned with the most important things in life, why are you on an internet discussion forum? Shouldn't you be out trying to solve the energy crisis?
    I am. I'm building a solar panel charging system for my tent trailer so it doesn't require any more fossil fuels to operate. I was looking for a specific part on the internet and came across this thread. And I said it was interesting too. However, it's a matter of degree between *interesting*, and *obsessively hating a company that you don't interact with because it produces something you consider inferior, yet still is successful*.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

I am. I'm building a solar panel charging system for my tent trailer so it doesn't require any more fossil fuels to operate. I was looking for a specific part on the internet and came across this thread. And I said it was interesting too. However, it's a matter of degree between *interesting*, and *obsessively hating a company that you don't interact with because it produces something you consider inferior, yet still is successful*.
    Ummm... I think a lot of the hate comes from the fact that Apple is trying to sue its competitors for what many might consider "trivial" things. This obviously affects the consumers of the competitors being sued, hence the interest.
    I love Samsung products and if Apple somehow manages to get its products banned, I'd be saddened.

My Ride

Originally posted by 5t3v3

Ummm... I think a lot of the hate comes from the fact that Apple is trying to sue its competitors for what many might consider "trivial" things. This obviously affects the consumers of the competitors being sued, hence the interest.
    I love Samsung products and if Apple somehow manages to get its products banned, I'd be saddened.
    How? Is apple going to send someone to take your Samsung phone away if they win? Or will Samsung be forced to pay apple a bunch of money, and you'll still be able to go down to Bestbuy and pick up a Samsung phone...

The reality.... it's all just courtroom theatre.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/03/tech/m...ime/index.html
    Last edited by codetrap; 08-23-2012 at 11:36 AM.

My Ride
    G6

I'm with Codetrap, no interest at all. Apple's the big guy on the block and they're tring to keep the little guys from competing. If it's legal, so be it. No hate for either company here. I think long term I'd bet on Google as I've personally disliked iMacs and the iPad, but legal battles interest me not.

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

How? Is apple going to send someone to take your Samsung phone away if they win? Or will Samsung be forced to pay apple a bunch of money, and you'll still be able to go down to Bestbuy and pick up a Samsung phone...

The reality.... it's all just courtroom theatre.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/03/tech/m...ime/index.html
    Or there could be a sales ban on Samsung phones and tablets. Which would affect a lot of people in their daily lives, especially seeing the proliferation of smart phones in our daily lives.

My Ride
    an econo box

Nokia and Apple went through this a couple of years ago.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...itigation.html

Nokia and Moto hold pretty huge patent bags thanks to the two basically inventing the handheld cellphone in the 90's/ early 2000's.

Originally posted by Feruk
    I'm with Codetrap, no interest at all.
    That's fine.

"We have no interest, so we'll post that we have no interest"

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

This isn't just about big bad corporations either.

There are engineers who are getting screwed out of royalties too.

My Ride

Originally posted by psycoticclown
    Or there could be a sales ban on Samsung phones and tablets. Which would affect a lot of people in their daily lives, especially seeing the proliferation of smart phones in our daily lives.
    Yeah, I can see it now. Samsung is no longer able to sell smartphones in the US because of a ban in the US. Apple GoonSquads are out in full force confiscating the existing contraband phones using cell phone tracers from unsuspecting users. The world is coming to an end because ONLY SAMSUNG MAKES SMARTPHONES ANYMORE!!!

Back to reality, the ban would last exactly 90 seconds until Samsung changed their design "just enough" that the patents didn't apply any more. There's no way that any corporation isn't going to have a plan B in place and already under way in order to protect their business.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast