Quantcast
Two get nabbed going over 200...In Dodge Calibers - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Two get nabbed going over 200...In Dodge Calibers

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Being a Chrysler product, I'm surprised the damn things didn't start falling apart at 150! Thank God they were stopped or the road would be closed so crews could pick up all pieces of cheap plastic, rusted metal and fake wood

My Ride
    a really big tow vehicle

I don't think traffic_cop is funny at all. All I hear is, "My job is to catch people breaking the 'laws' I like being a douche."

I am here to read interesting news, look at watch pics, and check out the calgary scene when I am not there. Kind of sick of his(her?) being sarcastic when most people obviously have been affected negatively by the 'police force'.

It is in my opinion(said carefully) that most police officers should go and sit on a traffic cone.

Don't get the wrong idea here, I do believe in some of the laws, I just don't believe in the way they are enforced.
    1999 NBS Silverado 4x4 awaiting an extensive build.
    6" BDS Lift is in. 37" mud grapplers. Built trans(by me) 4.10's, shaved ls6 heads, comp cam. More to come.

My Ride
    AWOL

Shame they couldn't top 200kph or they shoulda just not stopped. At least RCMP will come after you, CPS doesn't even bother...

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ As of 2009, the RCMP have a no chase policy as well.

My Ride
    AWOL

Originally posted by revelations
    ^ As of 2009, the RCMP have a no chase policy as well.
    Oh I know, but they still give chase here in Alberta and BC. There's even a Sheriff out of Canmore who cruises up n down the 1A on a Streetglide...

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Take it to the track!

Wait... nevermind.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Default Re: Re: Two get nabbed going over 200...In Dodge Calibers

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

On a side note, I used to see Neon SRT-4's all the time, haven't for quite awhile now. Did they all get crashed?
    Not sure. I wouldn't be surprised though. Lots of power, little brakes.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Originally posted by se7en
    I don't think traffic_cop is funny at all. All I hear is, "My job is to catch people breaking the 'laws' I like being a douche."

I am here to read interesting news, look at watch pics, and check out the calgary scene when I am not there. Kind of sick of his(her?) being sarcastic when most people obviously have been affected negatively by the 'police force'.

It is in my opinion(said carefully) that most police officers should go and sit on a traffic cone.

Don't get the wrong idea here, I do believe in some of the laws, I just don't believe in the way they are enforced.
    O RLY? Most people have been affected negatively by the police? Who are you referring to as "most people"? Like, the general public? Or retarded beyonders who can't seem to break a few traffic rules without getting caught, then blame the police? Please elaborate on this profound ass-hattery.

Last I checked, the public approval rating of the CPS was 95 percent. But I suppose 5 percent is "most people". Unless the numbers have changed drastically since the last ratings period.
    Last edited by JustGo; 08-22-2012 at 02:43 AM.
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

My Ride
    G37X

Default Re: Re: Re: Two get nabbed going over 200...In Dodge Calibers

Originally posted by sexualbanana

Not sure. I wouldn't be surprised though. Lots of power, little brakes.

The factory brakes are actually pretty damn good on those. I know they got me out of some scary situations!

"We'd say PVO nailed its somewhat divergent dynamic targets and also nailed the braking performance. The SRT-4 delivers sports-car stopping distances — 165 feet from 70 mph — and keeps delivering, stop after stop, without fade, without drama. "

My Ride
    W204

Default Re: Re: Two get nabbed going over 200...In Dodge Calibers

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    On a side note, I used to see Neon SRT-4's all the time, haven't for quite awhile now. Did they all get crashed?
    You answered your own question. Dude they're neons, not MR2's.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

The problem with your approval rating is that it consists exclusively of 75+ year olds who think 45km/h is too fast. I don't care what you say, "I'm doing my job," "it's the law," or whatever else, most of the time, the rules you enforce are absolutely retarded and you are hated on for that reason alone;

tinted windows
    minor speeding infractions (my buddy just got one for 7 km/h over the limit)
    Noise snare
    red light camera
    widened exhaust

and the list goes on. CPS traffic division is the leech of our society.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

My buddies were out at a "Gumball Rally" over the past weekend in a small town, mostly classic cars, etc.

On the poker run part they all hit up some A&W somewhere out on the highway. One of the cars was a an old ragtop firebird and the driver and passenger had open beer in the car going through the drive through. An RCMP officer saw them from inside, came out and got their papers....car didn't even have valid plates. He made them dump the beer, made sure they weren't legally intoxicated, told them to smarten up and let them rejoin the rally - no tickets. They were being dumb but he was being sensible imo (absence of open liquor ticket debatable but they weren't intoxicated). There's no way that would happen in Calgary. Or any city.

That night after the dinner and stuff there were massive burnout contests happening down main street of the town, etc. etc. and the cops just let everyone have fun. Point is there are times and places where discretion makes sense but that RARELY happens with City Traffic Enforcement. Money trumps common sense, "safety" is the scapegoat.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 08-22-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I got one for 1km/hr over about a year and a half ago. Yes.... ONE!

I absolutely embarassed the cop in court though... so it was worth it.

I just find that speed enforcement is given much too high of a priority in terms of resources with CPS. Every morning I wake up and I hear on global news "someone was shot here, someone was stabbed here, gropping incident here...." etc. They seem to be more common than a person going 20 over causing serious danger.

Yes, there are people that kill others when they go fast, but guess what? Those people are going to speed anyway! They have no sense of what could go wrong until it ACTUALLY HAPPENS to them. Likely an underdeveloped frontal lobe.

If police were actually out PATROLLING rather than hiding behind sign posts and trees, I think violent/gang crime would be significantly reduced. I can't guarantee it, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Please rip me apart below.
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC

Please rip me apart below.
    That's what she said

Originally posted by cjblair

That's what she said
    ZING!

So anger is misplaced towards the officers who are paid to enforce the law? That said, I do agree that there most likely are over-zealous officers out there but no more so then the drivers who somehow get themselves noticed and get written up for some of these ridiculous tickets.

Getting tickets for 1 over or 7 over - that's just says that there is something else going on because thousands of people in Alberta go 1-7 over every day without getting a ticket. Same goes for tint tickets, widened exhaust tickets and all related "what is to be considered bull shit" type of tickets - there's a ton of vehicles out there that have been modified and don't get tickets.

Never the less, one has to look at the process with respect to laws/by-laws in Alberta/Calgary and realize that the real blame has to go back to our elected reps in our provincial legislature and on Calgary's city council - these are the places where these rules are finalized and all of this comes from recommendations from committees/council members/engineers/studies/police. That said, I don't believe that a front line CPS traffic officer gets to have very much input on shaping our laws/by-laws, no more so than that front-line TELUS/Shaw repair guy/gal who has to do things in a certain way despite that he/she might not agree with a certain process or that they know that there is a better way to do things - policies/procedures are decided upon and formed way above the front line worker's heads and most often with little to no input from those front line people.

So yeah, keep coming down hard on the few officers who grace this forum with their presence despite the fact that they are just grunts in the policing world and while you're at it, keep having your love-in with your mayor/council member/MLA despite the fact that they are the ones who bring these laws/by-laws into being. Of course, I have only been driving a multitude of vehicles for over 35 years and don't know shit despite deserving every ticket I've gotten and despite talking my way out of a few I damn well deserved - being polite and cordial to an officer can make a big difference IMHO.. I have found that treating human beings in front line roles (CPS traffic officers, delivery truck drivers, etc) with respect comes back many times over in the form of good karma.

And for those two goofs who got caught south of High River, they deserved to be caught - like someone else said in this thread, there are less patrolled areas out in the rural areas. They probably could've driven another 20 or 30 minutes to even flatter and better highways and have gone even faster and without worrying about an officer being around to nab them. Dumb asses.
    Will fuck off, again.

Originally posted by speedog

Getting tickets for 1 over or 7 over - that's just says that there is something else going on because thousands of people in Alberta go 1-7 over every day without getting a ticket.
    This dumbass assumption made your entire post irrelevant to me. There was nothing else "going on". My car was unmodified, I was going 1 over, and I was respectful and polite to the officer.

Keep trying to make reputable arguments by making assumptions though, champ.

My Ride
    Bicycle

RCMP and Sheriffs doesn't use laser or ghost cars (as far as I know)

If you don't know they are coming a mile away, you are not properly equipped.

Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC
    This dumbass assumption made your entire post irrelevant to me. There was nothing else "going on". My car was unmodified, I was going 1 over, and I was respectful and polite to the officer.

Keep trying to make reputable arguments by making assumptions though, champ.
    So you must have missed the first line in my post about over-zealous officers - every profession has it's fair share of these types of people. Anyhow, I'll pass the champ card back to you.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I love how this is all over the news like it's the crime of the century, the police/media sure do know how to get the most out of these speeding stories, meanwhile I continue to see dump trucks with massive loads doing 25km/hr in a 100 zone on stoney trail while people swerve and brake to avoid them.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast