Quantcast
Boracay - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Boracay

My Ride
    Schwinn 21 speed....

Default Boracay

Going there for my honeymoon in October for 2 weeks, staying at Friday's Boracay. Anyone been to the island, tips, thoughts?

Thanks

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Great place. I spent a week there...I don't have too many honeymoon type suggestions since I was just partying most of the time (met a Russian girl there and ended up just partying with her and her Russian friends most of the time).

Station 1 is the northernmost and is where the nicest hotels and resorts are located. This is where you can find all the fancy spas and stuff too.

Station 2 is the center of it all for good shopping, eating, partying and all that. It's usually the most crowded part of the beach.

Station 3 is the southernmost section where I stayed - quieter than station 2 area, the least developed, and cheapest.

Try and get on one of the local boats at some point - they're called Palaw I believe. There are also some cool Catamaran type boats you can get out on for suntanning and snorkeling. I had a great time doing that...but get some sun screen.

The Hobbit House is a quirky place for a beer. All of the servers are midgets. It's actually a bit creepy but worth checking out once.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Sex is cheap and plentiful, if things slow down with the wife.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T Daytona

I love Boracay - been there twice. I have stayed in Station 1 both times and have stayed at Nigi Nigi Too and SeaWind.

Station 1 has the cleanest beaches - the resorts clean them thoroughly. Station 2 is a short walk but you can see the difference in the beach - there is seaweed, shells, and rocks all over the place - definitely not as clean. Station 3 is dirtiest of all.

Maybe I'm a snob, but I would never stay anywhere but Station 1. From a honeymooners point of view, that is also the most quiet and romantic area. It's not like you can't walk to the other stations. Everything else is like a $1 trike ride away.

I recommend going scuba diving if you are certified. Use a PADI dive shop (there is a big one in station 2) and definitely do the Camia wreck. If you aren't certified, go snorkeling! It's a lot of fun and you can even rent a private boat to take you around the island. We did this through the front desk at SeaWind. Safer and more reliable as the staff knows the boats and drivers.

The beach bar at Nigi Nigi Too is fantastic, and the massages are great there too (and cheap!). Be careful if you eat at Jony's mexican restaurant and shake shop - my bf got food poisoning there. It's already been said, but the hobbit hole is fun and definitely worth a trip. Otherwise, walk up and down the beach.. relax.. and enjoy! Nothing needs to be planned in advance, you can do it all there!
    Crystal

My Ride
    rally pig

should check out Palawan too

Originally posted by taemo
    should check out Palawan too
    i agree. palawan is probably better for a honeymoon since there will most likely be less people there. that being said, i'm going to boracay this december.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Boracay is great. The best part is, and it's already been said, you don't need to plan anything. Everything is there when you need it. Have fun and relax.

Originally posted by adamc
    Sex is cheap and plentiful, if things slow down with the wife.
    Gotta make sure they are women first.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by JordanEG6
    Gotta make sure they are women first.
    Just thinking the same thing. There are lots of ladyboys there, and some of them are hard to tell. (Others, not so much)

I agree that station 1 is the nicest area, although the beach is great from top to bottom... it's just that as you go further down towards station 3, the strip area gets a little more dumpy.

If you need supplies, walk to the right into town a bit and things are waaaaayyy cheaper than on the strip.

I also agree that Palawan is a better honeymoon spot. It's quieter and more romantic. On Boracay there are people everywhere, and you're going to get hit *hard* with vendors who can be very persistant. (I had to get mildly physical with one last time I was there to keep him away from my sister-in-law)

If you are going to go on tours, etc, make sure that you know exactly what you are paying for. Last time we were there we went on two trips, and both could not offer me everything as advertised because of closed islands, etc. However, they are more than happy to take your money and you don't know this until you're already underway.

And, of course, keep in mind that every brand name there is fake. But I don't think that comes as a surprise.....

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

As mentioned by previous members, everything is right on.

Don't be surprised by hidden charges when you go snorkling or go to check out some places...

They will be asking for like environmental fees etc, for every location you go. It's not much, probably $1 to $3. We went snorkling at the south area of the island and there was an old man on a small boat selling coconuts and he also collected the environmental fee for that area, lol!!!!

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

And yes, +10000000000 to Palawan,

I think when I stayed there for a few days a while back I ate nothing but Calamari and Avocado fruit shakes from Jonah's. Make sure you check them out!

Also check out Cocomangas. My wife's name is engraved in their wall.

My Ride
    SRT4- TOYOTA VENZA- CIVIC SIR

better go to palawan
    63_TUNERS

My Ride
    SRT4- TOYOTA VENZA- CIVIC SIR

CORON ISLAND, PALAWAN

63_TUNERS

My Ride
    96 jrsc 'teg gsr

When you go there, do the atv tour. It's only 1500 Php ($35, 'course I had to lowball the guy). The atv tour includes sight seeing, mini zoos, and my favorite a fruit bat that has a body bigger than your cat.

Boracay Station 2 is a great place to party. There are musicians everywhere (hookers too).

You'd probably want to stay in Station 1 it's fancier and quieter.

Also, check out the Phoenix Fire Dancers. They put on a funny but otherwise good show.

I love how the sand there feels like "polvoron" on the bottom of your feet.

When you have the time, go to Bohol and or Palawan. You need at least 2 nights. Beaches there are also beautiful much like Boracay minus the bars, musicians, and what not.
    Last edited by Kanto_Terrors; 09-17-2012 at 03:07 PM.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Originally posted by Zan
    I think when I stayed there for a few days a while back I ate nothing but Calamari and Avocado fruit shakes from Jonah's. Make sure you check them out!

Also check out Cocomangas. My wife's name is engraved in their wall.
    Did she do the 15 different shots? My buddy and my cousin is in there too! I think its owned by a Canadian couple.

It has the best washroom ever! Hahahaha!