Quantcast
Thanks - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks

Default Thanks

I really need to do this more often because there are a lot of really good people on here that make the community what it is. To everyone who does this, thanks. I've been on this forum for quite some time now, and albeit I can be cynical, judgmental, opinionated, and well... a dick, I know most of the people I know personally from here I get along with fine. And those people know I will always try to help out a Beyonder.

But there is one person on here that really stands out from the crowd. He chose to remain anonymous, so I unfortunately can not name who it is. But hopefully he reads this here as I know he is a Beyonder.

What you did, I fail to see a way to repay you. For the longest time I've been lost. My boss continues to commend me for a job well done, everyone I work with is happy with my performance, but I consistently feel that I'm just terrible at my job and lazy.

I mean I have this ability you see, where I can multi-task at work quite well. So this leaves me with the ability to surf Beyond every now and then. But god does this make me feel like shit. It's hard going through life knowing you've completed your work or waiting on something and being left with a "you lazy bastard" taste in your mouth.

As you can probably guess, I've been quite depressed about this. But then this saint came along and decided to save me from my eternal pit of despair. You were kind enough to write an anonymous email to a manager in my office.

It kind of sucks that you didn't even do a bit of research to find my actual manager, I mean you kind of ruined the surprise. You emailed a client manager from another department that I hardly talk to, so instead of getting the surprise that will change my life from my boss, I got it from my boss' boss, my boss' boss' boss, and the company lawyer. But it's okay man, it really is. Good news is always good news no matter who you hear it from. I needed change.

So I thank you. I thank you with all my heart. You know why? You showed me that this corporate world really is not for me. You further drove my values that I hold dear to myself closer to my heart. You made me feel better about so many decisions I have made in my life. You showed me that I need change. Leave the asinine corporate world where you can get in shit from what could just be made up. So thank you you miserable piece of shit. If I'm going to hell, you're sure as shit coming with me.

Not only did you find it appropriate to write a letter to my boss, but not even to the right fucking one. So instead of MY boss figuring out what a suitable punishment would be, I HAD ALL OF FUCKING CORPORATE COME DOWN ON ME. Fuck you you piece of shit.

How I deem it appropriate to carry myself in any method IS OF MY OWN FUCKING DOING. How I carry myself in here and in real life doesn't differ too much, people can attest to that. So how I decide to label myself at what work place and what I do on MY FREE FUCKING TIME is just that... MY TIME.

I don't think this has ever happened on Beyond. But I consider myself a pretty nice guy. There are lots of people on here that will back me up on that. Just because you got your damn panties in a knot about some fucking comment I made online does not give you a reason to try and ruin someones life.

I know you are a Beyonder, and I know that you are not someone I work with. If you were, you would have known exactly how to find my immediate manager. You emailed some random person in my office. Just because they have the word manager in their title, doesn't always mean they actually manage people. Then you ONLY referenced Beyond posts. If it was IT or HR, they would have seen Reddit, and I've accidentally clicked on some NSFW links which would have definitely came up.

How do I know that this special person tried to ruin my life? Let's see the topics that you did not need to bring up with my boss or had any relevance to your "point":

-Drug use
    -Drinking and Driving
    -ME QUESTIONING ABOUT FILING BANKRUPTCY???
    -ME TALKING ABOUT POSSIBLY QUITTING MY JOB AND TRAVELLING?

Get fucked buddy. You weren't trying to alert my manager that I'm not working, you were trying to ruin my life.

Well luckily, there are kind people in this world. My boss stepped up to plate for me. She had to fight this battle for me all last week, without even telling me about it first, to keep me because I'm, "Too valuable and important. If *insert company name* was to lose this employee, they would be losing a great asset." So go fuck yourself Bobby Do-Gooder. All you did was create an awkward work place between me and the manager that I don't talk to anyways.

To everyone else, yes, I understand it's the internet that everyone always warns you about. Serious shit. I probably shouldn't have said where I worked online, but I'm open about everything. Everything said (aside from bankruptcy and my travel plans) my boss has already heard. She has me on Facebook, she sees the stuff I write.

No one needs someone to go out and try to ruin someones life like that. I don't care if you hate me, I hate lots of people online. BUT NEVER ONCE have I ever tried to make it personal. NEVER.

I really feel sorry for who ever did this. I will seek no revenge, nothing of that nature. What was done was done and you failed terribly at it. All I will feel is pity on your poor cowardly soul. I can't imagine what self esteem issues you have. You have to be the biggest loser of them all, to get THAT worked up over something I said online... Fucking ridiculous. You're an absolute joke.

To everyone that can agree with the top sentence, you are the gem's of Beyond. I will continue to carry myself in the same fashion I always have, I won't change who I am. It's been working out pretty good thus far.

I won't even seek out to have my name removed from the forum. I will under the request of my boss remove my work place. I'm not a coward. I will always stand behind my opinion AND my bullshit.

My name is Russ. Always will be. And people will always know me by that.
    Last edited by Spoons; 08-27-2012 at 06:38 PM.

wow....intense

My Ride
    is Invisible

I will start, not me. Lets weed out this cock sucker.

I don't like you, but that's taking it a little too far... You must have said or done something really personal to someone for them to do that to you.

Don't believe our paths have ever crossed and it's most likely they never will. But I do know without a doubt that I would never stoop to the levels of the one Spoons speaks of.
    Will fuck off, again.

If a lawyer would be so kind to PM me, I do have some questions about the legality behind all of this and I would rather as such private.

Again, I am not pursuing this this any further, but curiosity gets the best of me.

Sorry to hear man...but how would someone on beyond know where you work in the first place?

Good to hear it worked out!!

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Fuck people

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

The internet, the breeding grounds of spineless fucks.

Hope you find out who the degenerate mouth breather is.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Spoons, is there a lot of people on here who would know where you work? Even knowing your name for that matter, I'm sure you might be able to narrow it down. I don't know your situation, but I would assume it wouldn't be too hard.

Edit: Sorry, missed the part where you posted where you worked. Either way that's lame as hell.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 08-27-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Spoons, is there a lot of people on here who would know where you work? Even knowing your name for that matter, I'm sure you might be able to narrow it down. I don't know your situation, but I would assume it wouldn't be too hard.
    No I made the mistake of saying where I worked on here. There is one person who definitely knows who I am and all my contact info, but again that one person would have known a better person to email.

He linked everything and then went to show the person how to search so they could see everything.

It's what gets me is bringing up filing bankruptcy and my travel plans, that right there is just trying to fuck with someone.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Originally posted by Spoons

No I made the mistake of saying where I worked on here. There is one person who definitely knows who I am and all my contact info, but again that one person would have known a better person to email.
    Unless they were smart enough to make it look like it wasn't them with those means.

Just a thought.

If you think about it getting fired would not be terrible...you probably would have got a package, been able to pay off your dents, and travel!

Originally posted by Type_S1
    If you think about it getting fired would not be terrible...you probably would have got a package, been able to pay off your dents, and travel!
    IT WAS YOU

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Wow... My name is Bobby but i sure as hell would never do that to ANYONE. I'd be pissed for sure!

Side note as I dont know much about law but could that be construed as Defamation of Character?

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by Spoons
    I understand it's the internet that everyone always warns you about. Serious shit. I probably shouldn't have said where I worked online, but I'm open about everything.
    edited because this is only worthy of an LOL.
    Last edited by zipdoa; 08-28-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

What a dickless move. Who the hell does this sort of thing? Beyond CSI has figured out some pretty interesting shit in the past, I think this would be a good case.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    USE20

Somebody drank wayyy to much "Haterade"...karma usually always gets the best of the worst assholes..

Originally posted by know1edge

IT WAS YOU
    Even though I think Spoons (now I know him as "Russ") is a complete retard 99% of the time I would definitely not wish this upon anyone. Whoever did this seriously needs to grow up and not hide behind a keyboard thinking they are almighty.

I am honestly curious as to how the hell a manager could possibly hold something posted on the internet against an employee especially if it is under a screen name. How can they prove it was you who posted this and not a friend using the same account? I see many red flags on the legitimacy of the lawyer thinking this would be grounds for dismissal.

I would def. get a lawyer for a suit against a company trying to pull this BS.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Call interpol to track the ip address then match it to a beyond user!

This is horse shit but shows the vulnerability the internet plays in our lives. I never use my real name and shit still finds its way back to me.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast