Quantcast
help me pick a piece! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: help me pick a piece!

My Ride
    changes every year

Default help me pick a piece!

EDIT: DOWN TO 3

Alright guys, I'm having a dilemma. It's my 5 year wedding anniversary in October and im going to be getting a nice piece that i can enjoy for years to come, until my 10 year that is lol

Anyways, im having trouble deciding between 5 pieces and i need a little help from the gurus! here we go...

LUM-TEC M51 Phantom. I like this piece because its classy plain and simple and I have nothing like it. I also like the fact that it comes with 3 strap, rubber, leather and SS.

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono but an Indy 500 Edition. From what I have found, this is a limited edition. I like the grey face and red chrono hand, with the red indy 500 embossed on the front and side of the casing, it just looks so clean and sharp for a chrono.

The last and most expensive choice is another Tag Heuer F1 Chrono. i love this bastard just because of the brushed black ceramic and the anthracite dial, the color combo is awesome.

i dont care that its a quartz, it doesnt matter to me, it is just a killer looking piece, but more than double the price of the LUM-TEC and almost 1k more than the indy 500.

Any help and opinions would be helpful in my search for a higher end piece!
    Last edited by 03ozwhip; 08-10-2012 at 03:05 PM.

My Ride
    i-VTEC

Tag Heuers' are always nice, simple sporty pieces, but I feel like since you've picked up that Tissot T-Race, it's best to go with something either more sophisticated or for everyday wear.

For a more everyday wear, I really like the Oris TT3 Chronograph Automatic;
    Oris TT3 Chronograph

And for a more sophisticated look, I think a Tag Heuer Link piece would be nice. Something like the Link - Calibre 16 Automatic Chornograph
    Tag Heuer Link

But if I was to choose based upon your picks, I like the Tag Heuer F1 with the black crown. I find that the other version with the brushed crown looks awkward because it looks separated from the entire watch case.
    Built On Self Success

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If I'm going for a TAG Heuer F1, I'd go for the new 2012 models.

The Stealth (CAU1117):

The Stealth + Red (CAU1114):

Both are available with either rubber strap as shown, or bracelet.

The Indy 500 you posted is the 2012 model, while the other 2 are the last gen model. While the last gen Indy 500 was a limited edition watch, I'm fairly sure that the 2012 model is NOT a limited edition.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

I was going to recommend the stealth version of the F1 as well.

It gives what you want without the Stainless Steel looks. IMO, the red version doesn't make it 'clean'.

However out of the ones you selected, I'd go for LUM-TEC.

The X-Mach is too busy from what you're looking for,

"...classy plain and simple and I have nothing like it"

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Looks like we have very different taste in watches, but of the bunch I like the 2nd Tag with the stainless crown the best.

Tag <> Hamilton > Lum Tec
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    changes every year

damn! i thought this would be easier with you guys pointing me in the right direction, you guys just made my choices even harder!

also, i do want to keep the price fairly reasonable, so if you guys are posting alternatives, please post something i wont get my dick ripped off for putting on the list lol

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Wow that Stealth F1 is gorgeous!

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Originally posted by rage2
    If I'm going for a TAG Heuer F1, I'd go for the new 2012 models.

The Stealth (CAU1117):

The Stealth + Red (CAU1114):

Both are available with either rubber strap as shown, or bracelet.
    Just a heads up, you got the model numbers backwards on these 2 :P

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    damn! i thought this would be easier with you guys pointing me in the right direction, you guys just made my choices even harder!

also, i do want to keep the price fairly reasonable, so if you guys are posting alternatives, please post something i wont get my dick ripped off for putting on the list lol
    LUM-TEC is cheaper than the F1's but by ~$2-300? I think F1's are $1100 while the LUM-TEC is $800 range?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

i just ordered a lum-tec M, maybe you can try it on when it gets here. if that would help. the multiple straps is what really sold me (i ordered the destroy strap too) so its like i just bought 4 watches.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by flipstah

LUM-TEC is cheaper than the F1's but by ~$2-300? I think F1's are $1100 while the LUM-TEC is $800 range?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    ya the LUM-TEC is $835 the F1's rance from $1200 to about $1400. im not opposed to spending $1500, but i would say that SHOULD be my max, if i want my anniversary to be a good one lol.

Originally posted by ercchry

i just ordered a lum-tec M, maybe you can try it on when it gets here. if that would help. the multiple straps is what really sold me (i ordered the destroy strap too) so its like i just bought 4 watches.
    see, thats what is drawing me to the LUM-TEC, the TAG name and quality is drawing me in that way and i just like the Hamilton, but Flipstah is right, it may be too busy, my wife even said so and she knows nothing of time pieces.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Get the Stealth, way nicer watch.

My Ride
    changes every year

Rage, youve made me look at the stealth, damn you to hell. however, i have a piece with a rubber strap and want something with stainless or ceramic, i think.

so the next best option might be this one, but fuck, its out of my price range by alot it seems. damn it rage!

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I like the ones Rage posted but out of the first few I like the second TAG with the SS crown.

My Ride
    changes every year

^^see, honestly, thats the one i least like haha i think im going to take that one out of the equation.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

dont forget you have man wrists... and that tag is a what? 41mm?

My Ride
    changes every year

the tags are 42mm, which isnt bad. my citizen is 40mm which is a tad small and my bulova is 42mm which i dont mind at all.

my tissot is 45mm without the crown 48mm with and thats a great size for me i think.

the LUM-TEC is a perfect size for me at 44mm and has a small crown which probably makes it around 46mm, which is definitely the right size for me.

i was just talking to GOnSHO about how i dont realy like 50mm+ pieces, but i think its the wide open faces that i dont like, but my Tissot is just shy of the 50mm mark so i think that the chronos in bigger sizes could work for me, not that im looking at those types right now, but still just a little info off topic lol

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-10-2019 at 04:27 PM.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Or just buy the more expensive one .... Its always better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Of the watches you’ve listed I would pick the Lum-tec. It is classy and unique, they are generally numbered and limited in release, and they come with great component sets complete with lifetime free adjustments. I think it is a great choice in general.

I know not everybody will agree, but I see nothing special about the other ones you have listed, they are all on the cheap end of their brand. It is like buying a BMW X1, ok sure... it is still a BMW, but everybody is going to know the only reason you got it was because you couldn't afford the X3 or X5.

My personal suggestion for your price range is to look at a the Seiko lineup, you can get a truly amazing watch in your price range that will be recognized the world over. Not only that, it will last forever; which IMO is a perfect tribute for a wedding anniversary.
    i do have to agree that the lower end TAGs maybe do say " hey i cant afford a better TAG" the reality is, i can afford it, i just dont want to at this point, so i have set myself a limit(ish).

im pretty sure i have phased out 3 of the now 6 that i am looking at.

my list still consists of the LUM-TEC the Indy 500 and the 2012 F1.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast