Quantcast
Advice needed: Wedding photographer not coming through - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed: Wedding photographer not coming through

My Ride
    Axis powers

Default Advice needed: Wedding photographer not coming through

So I really hate post this as the person was great in the begining but since that I don't know what has happened

Back in March my wife and I got married, I posted a thread on beyond and after receiving some PM's decided on a person to be the wedding photographer.

Communication was difficult but everything got worked out and he conducted a engagement session for free and an evening of our wedding. We were told that we would have the pictures 2-3 weeks after the wedding was done but might be delayed due to him having to leave the country for jobs, no big deal we though. He was also going to give us a printed booklet for free - great we though this guy is awesome.

Well fast forward it is now August 30, we have received half of our photos and every time myself or my wife tries to contact him he gives us the run around.
    Originally he was waiting for the supplies so he could give us the printed album but that was supposed to be in June. Every couple weeks since the start of July we have asked him for the pictures only to be told only a couple days longer

We have offered to meet him in person to pick up the CD with the pictures and even offered to have a courier sent to his location to have the pictures picked up. Each time he gives us the run around again

I'm ready to do a charge back on my CC because this has become seriously BS
    Sig nuked by mod.

A letter from a lawyer and threatened outing on Beyond will do wonders for a fire to be lit under his ass. Might reverse the order and give it 24 hours, nothing more and let him know he has 24 hours and not a second more. You've allowed him to do all he has done so far, time to take off the velvet glove.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Last I heard his account was banned on beyond, I don't know if he's created another one or not

Other issues, he didn't give us a copy of our contract and other than his email address & website I have no way of contacting him
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    X5

I know its pretty frustrating, but most photographers do exactly what this guy is doing. Summer is wedding season, so most of these guys book themselves up like crazy with sessions etc, then they usually start developing photos/albums in the fall months when things slow down.

Not every photographer is like that, but in my experience for wedding related stuff thats usually what happens.

My Ride
    Axis powers

I know that but the wedding was March 30
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by adam c
    So I really hate post this as the person was great in the begining but since that I don't know what has happened

Back in March my wife and I got married, I posted a thread on beyond and after receiving some PM's decided on a person to be the wedding photographer.

Communication was difficult but everything got worked out and he conducted a engagement session for free and an evening of our wedding. We were told that we would have the pictures 2-3 weeks after the wedding was done but might be delayed due to him having to leave the country for jobs, no big deal we though. He was also going to give us a printed booklet for free - great we though this guy is awesome.

Well fast forward it is now August 30, we have received half of our photos and every time myself or my wife tries to contact him he gives us the run around.
    Originally he was waiting for the supplies so he could give us the printed album but that was supposed to be in June. Every couple weeks since the start of July we have asked him for the pictures only to be told only a couple days longer

We have offered to meet him in person to pick up the CD with the pictures and even offered to have a courier sent to his location to have the pictures picked up. Each time he gives us the run around again

I'm ready to do a charge back on my CC because this has become seriously BS
    Banned wedding photographer you say?

Outing him on Beyond is probably the easiest place to start. You've waited long enough, just call him out here.

Is there "Pixels" and "Love" in his website name?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

or one that might sound like it should be a car? made by mitsu?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Highlander

Not speculating who, but 5 months and only half your photos with a run around on the other half, I'd wager there was a lost or corrupt memory card and you're not likely to see the rest. I certainly hope that's not the case for you, but it seems like the cowardly actions of a photog who won't man up and tell the truth.

Sending sympathy your way, and especially to your wife, such a stressful situation to be dealing with

My Ride
    Hatred

Do a charge back. Then if he decided to come through negotiate a better price for the inconvenience.
    -U

My Ride
    Model S

The photographer that has been banned repeatedly is pretty unprofessional. You were definitely asking for trouble by doing business with him through PM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by googe
    The photographer that has been banned repeatedly is pretty unprofessional. You were definitely asking for trouble by doing business with him through PM.
    Say what you will, at the time of business he wasn't banned and covered his tracks fairly well, thanks to a different beyonder I have been told the real truth albeit too late to change

Kevin I know you are probably reading this, I'm giving you one week to give us our pictures, ALL our pictures as you told us at the time of contract signing, this includes the ones that you haven't edited as you promised us

I don't care about the album anymore or the family session, give us the damn pictures
    Sig nuked by mod.

Sorry for your luck OP, thanks for the heads up, we will be looking for a photographer soon and don't want to be caught up in something like this.

Not sure if its the same person but if its KH he has 14 BBB complaints filed against him...

Originally posted by spikers
    or one that might sound like it should be a car? made by mitsu?
    I sure as hell know who you are implying would not.
    Last edited by 88jbody; 08-30-2012 at 09:46 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by adam c
    Say what you will, at the time of business he wasn't banned and covered his tracks fairly well, thanks to a different beyonder I have been told the real truth albeit too late to change

Kevin I know you are probably reading this, I'm giving you one week to give us our pictures, ALL our pictures as you told us at the time of contract signing, this includes the ones that you haven't edited as you promised us

I don't care about the album anymore or the family session, give us the damn pictures
    Sorry to hear. There's a reason why Kevin's been banned here again and again, and we encourage members to report him while doing business over PM's. Sad to say, you're not the first victim, and probably not the last.

Best thing you can do really is start a new thread with all of his current and past business names, and hope that he doesn't rope in another beyonder in the future. At a minimum, he'll have to change his business name again to hide it.

Probably not what you want to hear, but good luck with the ordeal. From talking to victim's past, you're not going to get much now that it's out in the open. He gets really defensive once bad reviews are out in the public. I hope I'm wrong.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

It's a shame when other peoples lives don't matter to people.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    300 Limited

Originally posted by rage2
    He gets really defensive once bad reviews are out in the public. I hope I'm wrong.
    You would think he wouldn't place himself in a situation for that to happen, if he dislikes bad reviews so much.

I'm not sure who this "photographer" is but I really hope you get the pictures eventually; especially considering it's a once in a life time event.

As mentioned above by Melinda though, it almost sounds like he already gave you all the pictures he had; otherwise why would he make the effort in the first place, and only give you half, particularly if you're mentioning they have not been edited.

Good luck!
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Can someone PM me who this guy and is company are called. Just in the process of picking a wedding photographer as well and I want to avoid this sorta thing at all costs.

Hope you get your photos OP

My Ride
    Highlander

V2kai if it is Kevin then his company name is currently pixels of love. He changed it about a year ago, before that I think he was kh photography.

Again, SUPER sorry to hear about this Adam. Unfortunately rage is right. If he does have your photos, chances are they're not going to be easy to get. And be prepared for threats of fictitious lawyers suing you for slander and all that insanity. Don't sweat that stuff too much though, I've been at the business end of one or two such hissy fits from him, (beyond has too actually), he's got no leg to stand on.

Again, if this is Kevin, aka pea soup aka quazimoto, I'd get the process started at the crack of dawn tomorrow to get your credit card charges reversed. If he comes up with the photos, then pay him a revised sum at that point. But my instincts are telling me he'll wipe his brow and walk away quietly, glad to be done with you.

Hopefully the photos you did get from him are good enough to make it to your wall or into your album

For those looking for photographers for your wedding, any photog that will give you unedited images is a red flag. I wasn't actually aware Kevin did that. It screams laziness and lack of pride in a finished product. Kind of a wham-bam-thank-you-maam mentality. Those same qualities will often show through in other aspects of their professionalism.

My Ride
    93 Toyota Pickup

Sucks, I always enjoyed seeing Kevin's images in the photography section - he seemed like a massive dick back then and I guess he still is now.. But at least he had a few cool shots..?
    Originally posted by Grogador
    Shoulda threw in a "no homo" somewhere... cuz... yeah...
    Originally posted by turbotrip
    seems like a recipe for rape
    toexistphoto.com

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I feel your pain...
    Not sure if you say my thread a while back but we went through almost the exact same ordeal, except in the end it was Kevin that helped us out when Mike Boldt screwed us over.

I hope Kevin comes through for you, he was a saving grace for us. I know he might not have carried on with his business correctly on Beyond, (via pming for business) but he sure saved us when no one else would.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast