Quantcast
RV Camping; Tips, tricks & repairs - Page 102 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 102 of 150 FirstFirst ... 92 101 102 103 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2998

Thread: RV Camping; Tips, tricks & repairs

A third drain? It killed Kennedy.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Now that it's winter, it's time for everyone to think about upgrading to new/different RV's!

One feature on our current rig that is a absolute "no thanks" for our next one are these fancy morryde "step above" steps. They are super stable when they are out, but they are a real hassle to deploy for short stops on the road, and they swing out wide which makes them a hassle in the storage yard too. Traditional wobbly steps would serve us better.
    If you were a senior citizen that did mostly longer stays in fewer places, they'd be a nice option and you can get a handrail too.
    Name:  Strut_Step_4step2-scaled.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  40.9 KB
    Name:  0E7A16941.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  42.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Now that it's winter, it's time for everyone to think about upgrading to new/different RV's!

One feature on our current rig that is a absolute "no thanks" for our next one are these fancy morryde "step above" steps. They are super stable when they are out, but they are a real hassle to deploy for short stops on the road, and they swing out wide which makes them a hassle in the storage yard too. Traditional wobbly steps would serve us better.
    If you were a senior citizen that did mostly longer stays in fewer places, they'd be a nice option and you can get a handrail too.
    Name:  Strut_Step_4step2-scaled.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  40.9 KB
    Name:  0E7A16941.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  42.7 KB
    Oh man, i am the total opposite. I don't find them a hassle at all and the added stability with kids is much welcomed.

To keep on the trend though, a big no thanks for us is an outdoor kitchen. We have a mini fridge, weber Q, and denali grill that we pack around. More hassle but much more suited to cooking and versatile when the terrain is uneven.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The reason I am hating on them lately is that they swing so wide I can't lower them at my storage spot these days. Apparently Stow-Away had narrower stalls? Don't seem narrow to back into, but the steps don't lie. Had to go all ninja warrior to climb over them while they were still in rhe doorway last time. That's not sustainable.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

My wife wanted us to install those stairs. I have her a hard no, for the exact reasons you hate them. We would never be able to get in there when the trailer is stored.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Once you are parked and it's set up, they are great. And legit takes under 60 seconds to set up. But that 60 seconds is just annoying when you stop for fuel and want to grab something out of the trailer.

Now, if you had one of those trailers with TWO entry doors, that would be living the life.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

You Aspen guys and needing 4 stairs to get into your Aspen mansion on wheels

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Mine only 3, that was a stock picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The reason I am hating on them lately is that they swing so wide I can't lower them at my storage spot these days. Apparently Stow-Away had narrower stalls? Don't seem narrow to back into, but the steps don't lie. Had to go all ninja warrior to climb over them while they were still in rhe doorway last time. That's not sustainable.
    I hear this for sure. I had my unit in a storage lot while we were moving and it sucked hard trying to manage things if i forgot something before putting it away. Which i ALWAYS did.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I think I'd rather have a set that is completely removable, and hooks into the trailer just under the door. Then you could store them loosely while travelling and storing the trailer. Maybe have spot on the back of the trailer to hook them into.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Dad camper growing up had these: Put them inside the door before driving away.
    Name:  e0e968f2d01206a35860edd78fb2acaa.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  63.4 KB

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Anyone know where to find a Dometic fridge shelf that isnt $200 on amazon? Ours broke when loaded with beer on the way into castle falls (that road desperately needs a grader..) last fall and kind of forgot about it till i checked on trailer yesterday

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Call Hobo Camper Country, Woodys, and "young farts RV parts" for a few quotes. Or even https://www.rvpartsonlinecanada.com/
    This stuff is often not welll priced on amazon, so you have to dig for the best deal.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    Thanks to all in this thread for giving me shit about antifreeze in the freshwater tank. It was the nudge I needed to go and find the mysterious third drain on my trailer and I probably had 3 litres of freshwater sitting in the tank. I feel much better about the quality of the winterizing I've completed now. Will report back in spring if any carnage.

Don’t feel bad ... my trailer manual told me to put anti-freeze in the fresh water tank. I rig up an alternative not to do that.

My Ride
    Canyonero

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Anyone know where to find a Dometic fridge shelf that isnt $200 on amazon? Ours broke when loaded with beer on the way into castle falls (that road desperately needs a grader..) last fall and kind of forgot about it till i checked on trailer yesterday
    I had no luck with Hobo or Young farts when I was on the exact same mission. You know who had the absolute best price for the kit that has all three shelves for my dometic? Canadream. They sell parts. Made sense in retrospect- the P/N for the older dometic that I have is discontinued but Canadream runs a fleet of thousands of those fridges so they have a stockpile.

Unfortunately by the point I'd learned that, I'd placed an order 10 min earlier with a shady drop shipper out of Tennessee who flatly refused to cancel an order I'd placed ten minutes prior. Fuckers. So I paid the same price that Canadream charges for all three shelves, for one shelf.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

thanks!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Good Call on Canadream. Worth a phone call for sure.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Soooo I'm really stuck on this truck camper thing, but trying to figure out if i'm being a bit of a bozo by looking at the Ford F150 with the Heavy Duty Payload Package (2640 payload) . That will allow me to carry a smaller truck camper like one of these guys:
    https://www.westlandrv.ca/index.php/...-07-57-24/80ws (wet weight is ~1900 lbs, giving me 700 lbs to work with for gear/people). Or go down to the non-shower to save an extra few hundred pounds (https://www.westlandrv.ca/index.php/...6-07-57-24/80w)

But then i worry about in 3-5 years wanting to upgrade to a larger camper, and therefore needing a bigger truck again..

Reason i like the F150 option is that:
    a) its better on gas then my taco
    b) can daily drive in the City and not hate myself
    c) fits in my garage (barely, few inches to spare)

Fitting in my garage is a semi big deal, as it drives me nuts with all the guys in my neighbourhood who cant fit their trucks in theirs..

Thoughts? Better to buy a used 1 ton and leave it on the street as way more camper options?
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 02-22-2021 at 11:13 AM.

My Ride
    '13 MazdaSpeed 3, Zoom Zoom!

Reservations open next week! Woot Woot!

Looking to camp at Crimson Lake for the first time ever, one family in 23' travel trailer.

Anyone suggest the best loop/spots to try to book? Any other tips/reviews of this campground?
    My Karma ran over your Dogma

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I've run a pretty big variety of trucks for my "hauling" needs, but never the F150 HDPP. I agree it seems like it would be a great compromise, but it's still a compromise.
    Pros for F150 HDPP over 3/4 and 1-ton trucks: Better unloaded fuel economy, availability of the EcoBoost Engine if you like turbos, a few inches shorter (but only like 4 inches, I think)
    Cons: Smaller brakes, still softer suspension. Will be special order, must get low option package.

Pricing for the F150 vs F250 varies a lot based on current incentives. Right now, F150 incentives are much higher than F250, so it seems like a huge price jump. That's not always true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cidley69 View Post
    Reservations open next week! Woot Woot!

Looking to camp at Crimson Lake for the first time ever, one family in 23' travel trailer.

Anyone suggest the best loop/spots to try to book? Any other tips/reviews of this campground?
    Crimson lake is a nice spot. you'll take what you can get out there, it's insanely busy. I've stayed in B, D and E I think, all were good. It's rare there's much choice though.

Page 102 of 150 FirstFirst ... 92 101 102 103 112 ... LastLast