Quantcast
RV Camping; Tips, tricks & repairs - Page 92 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 92 of 150 FirstFirst ... 82 91 92 93 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2998

Thread: RV Camping; Tips, tricks & repairs

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I went away from 30lb tanks because of the hassle and extra weight and never looked back
    You can go ask at the fill-in-go on Edmonton trail, but they usually only have a couple recertified ones in stock, and frequently run out.

Toilet problems? I don't know, make people use the outhouse? Pour buckets of water down after every poop? Sounds like a bad design and a shitty situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Silverado

Possibly a pre flush and a longer actual flush

My Ride
    Canyonero

As a man who had the business end of his dometic 310 apart yesterday; I feel for him.

I tried the black tank flush for the first time yesterday and was confused when water started pouring out of the wall... bad B&B vacuum breaker had me flushing out the interior of my trailer

- - - Updated - - -
    @ExtraSlow when you put your batteries on tender do you run two separate 6v tendies or rig them in series to a single?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I run a 12v charger because I don't (yet) own a 6v
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2005 F350

for toilet issues, my wife and daughter just the toilet paper in the garbage can for #1's and will flush it down the toilet for #2.

general rule of thumb in my trailer is fill the toilet with water if you're going number 2, do your thing and flush it. fill the toilet again with water and flush it. just want to make sure that there is no "mountain of solids" right below the toilet...
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Silverado

Used that 30 second outdoor cleaner from ctire to clean my awning and my tent canvases. Careful on any bright colors as i lightened some blue trim.

After spraying it on and after awning it was done. I did need to scrub it to make it work

Name:  20200718_192045_compress40.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  32.8 KB
    Name:  20200718_195040_compress18.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  21.8 KB

My Ride
    '14 Taco

A miracle eraser works a charm too, fyi!

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    A small bit of propane smell at times. Levellers would’ve been nice at Pierre Grey, but other than that, solid.

We drove 2,500km, on a 15 day rental. I paid $2,650 A couple sites out of the way, but a loop basically of GP, to FSJ, to PG & home.

Seems like decent value.

Still calculating fuel, as the lady was paying for that. Damn expensive fill ups though. ($250 maxed)
    I’ll add to this.

All in was $4k, with campground rentals and fuel.

May do it again in ~5 yrs, but prefer far away adventures, post-COVID.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Is there any online tool to tell me what rims my trailer would use? I cant find anything in the owners manual for my trailer at all. The existing tires Ive discoved are just barely meeting the trailers dry weight + payload - they are rated for C load, and my mechanic (and @ExtraSlow ) said they should be atleast D load. But im hoping I can just buy a couple of rims and tires to replace instead of taking my trailer somewhere to get new tires on the existing rims.

Edit: Think i am just going to take my mechanic the spare and get him to match it. Going to need a couple of heavy duty jacks or something to jack the wheel up though: any canadian tire recommendations?
    Last edited by nzwasp; 07-27-2020 at 03:22 PM.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Is there any online tool to tell me what rims my trailer would use? I cant find anything in the owners manual for my trailer at all. The existing tires Ive discoved are just barely meeting the trailers dry weight + payload - they are rated for C load, and my mechanic (and @ExtraSlow ) said they should be atleast D load. But im hoping I can just buy a couple of rims and tires to replace instead of taking my trailer somewhere to get new tires on the existing rims.

Edit: Think i am just going to take my mechanic the spare and get him to match it. Going to need a couple of heavy duty jacks or something to jack the wheel up though: any canadian tire recommendations?
    Any regular jack will work. I just replaced all 4 of mine and used a regular jack.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Canyonero

Yeah regular floor jack does the job. You are welcome to borrow mine just send a PM.

Fountain Tire on Edmonton trail was happy to have me just tow the trailer there and changed all four tires out for me to nice D load tires. Was $600 all in for a tandem axle and they swapped the tire of my choosing to the decade-old spare. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Edit: it was easy enough to manoeuvre the trailer in their lot and it only took about 60 minutes as their first appointment of the day.
    Last edited by prae; 07-28-2020 at 11:28 AM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I already have my mechanic looking for D rated tires for my RV. Apparently its super easy to find 15" D rated tires, but 14" D rated is a bit harder.

Anyway our next camping trip this weekend we wont have as much load than our last trip.
    Regarding Tongue weights: According to my Toyota manual the tongue weight should be 9-11% of the trailer weight, assuming thats not dry. That puts us at between 306lbs and 370lbs on the tongue.
    The Infiniti manual says this

For proper handling, you must keep the trailer tongue load between 10-15% of the actual trailer
    weight, within the limits of the maximum trailer tongue load allowable.
    So that would be 340lbs - 510lbs.

On my trailer tongue I have two golf cart batteries and a 20lb full gas bottle. I am unsure that would even be 300lbs. Or is the tongue including the metal part in the weight as well.

For loading the trailer - I discovered this weekend that I had too much load in my trunk, trailer pass through storage, but probably the kicker was the 4 bikes on the bed above the trailer pass through storage. We arent taking the bikes on the next trip and sometime in August I am going to add a hitch to the back of the trailer to put the bikes at the back.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I already have my mechanic looking for D rated tires for my RV. Apparently its super easy to find 15" D rated tires, but 14" D rated is a bit harder.

Anyway our next camping trip this weekend we wont have as much load than our last trip.
    Regarding Tongue weights: According to my Toyota manual the tongue weight should be 9-11% of the trailer weight, assuming thats not dry. That puts us at between 306lbs and 370lbs on the tongue.
    The Infiniti manual says this

So that would be 340lbs - 510lbs.

On my trailer tongue I have two golf cart batteries and a 20lb full gas bottle. I am unsure that would even be 300lbs. Or is the tongue including the metal part in the weight as well.

For loading the trailer - I discovered this weekend that I had too much load in my trunk, trailer pass through storage, but probably the kicker was the 4 bikes on the bed above the trailer pass through storage. We arent taking the bikes on the next trip and sometime in August I am going to add a hitch to the back of the trailer to put the bikes at the back.
    There is so so so much that scares me about this post.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Tongue weight is all the weight that the trailer puts into the hitch ball. I can't remember if we talked about this, but you should actually weigh things and not guess. Look up the "cat scale three weights method" here and it'll show you what your real weights are in the axles, the hitch, and how to adjust your WDH.

This thread: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/391936-Towing-How-to-set-up-your-WD-hitch-and-other-WD-and-anti-sway-discussions
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 07-28-2020 at 12:07 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’m not one for government meddling. But fuck we clearly need a new license class for towing more than 2,000lb.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Ok clearly getting judged here

Well i plan to weigh it when I get a tow vehicle back in my possession. Anyway the neighbor around the corner from me has the exact same trailer and he is towing is with a nissan xterra and all he has on his tongue is a single battery and one gas bottle. Clearly he wouldnt be over 300lbs on his tongue.

How may RV owners do you think are realistically weighing there vehicles etc. - Not many I imagine.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 07-28-2020 at 12:22 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Well i plan to weigh it when I get a tow vehicle back in my possession. Anyway the neighbor around the corner from me has the exact same trailer and he is towing is with a nissan xterra and all he has on his tongue is a single battery and one gas bottle. Clearly he wouldnt be over 300lbs on his tongue.
    Omg... you’re being judged cause clearly you’re not even reading now

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I don’t think you realize the trailer itself has the most tongue weight. Adding accessories to the front makes it even heavier for tongue weight. It sounds like you are likely overloading the tongue capacity of your tow vehicle.

My Ride
    Silverado

this is a safe space for towing questions.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

How may RV owners do you think are realistically weighing there vehicles etc. - Not many I imagine.
    Some people might think that snapping an axle would be a good hint to think this through better, properly, in the future. Maybe a moment to step back and have some respect for the dangerous task you are performing.

Who cares what other people do, most of those people are morons too.

fact.

Page 92 of 150 FirstFirst ... 82 91 92 93 102 ... LastLast