Quantcast
RV Camping; Tips, tricks & repairs - Page 35 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 35 of 150 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast

Thread: RV Camping; Tips, tricks & repairs

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have some ones from Canadian tire that came with the RV 4 years ago when we bought it - we recently got a new frame and the repair guy threw out one of the batteries saying it was no good - he didnt take down the details of what was connected to which battery either which annoys me. I do not know if the current batteries are AGM they are these ones: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mo...-0102495p.html

they look like this

http://imgur.com/a/OiTsQ
    Not bad if they lasted 4 years - typical warranty is 50 months.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

So what's everyone using for a portable BBQ?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Name:  40477a4c5c4da161a29473775cffd6c6.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  163.8 KB

Weber Q 2000. Absolutely love it, gets nice and hot and I can cook for 5 people (not my picture just one from th interwebz)
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have an rvq and I can say without question that the little weber is superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

We had a 38 FT diesel pusher that we bought last year. Ended up being a waste for us because the unit rarely moves out of BC and we didn't need that overkill so last week we took a road trip to New Miami ( Cincinnati, Ohio basically ) to pick up a new 5th wheel. All I can say is that pulling 16,000lbs 4000kms across the country SUCKS. My mileage went from 22MPG down to 8MPG the whole trip!
    I'm glad USA diesel prices were around the 50-70 cent per liter, we also had our 100 gallon tidy tank so the last fill in Fargo, ND let me drive all the way back to Kamloops without stopping.

Excited to take this bad boy to Slave Lake in august but not excited to pay for fuel!
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Hands down the best system. Ran a line from my RV and tie it in directly, no extra bottles, no fuss. Have cooked for 12 with this. Cooking for the family is no issue. The only thing I'd do differently is buy a single griddle instead of the bbq attachment. I think you can get the same results with steak easily.

Name:  c09d7b04-996b-4644-bf12-eb0b0a563642_1.66aaa8b4ee58608d0e2bc372deed2da4.jpeg
Views: 324
Size:  248.6 KB

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Camp Chef stoves are awesome. I have a three burner one and I'm planning to buy the griddle, but I'm too cheap. Don't have the grill box, so if I'm wanting the grill style, I break out the RVQ.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

I don't think the grill style is worth it honestly. I have seen some sales on the griddle. That would be something worth subscribing to a few of the camp stores for. The other thing I plan on buying is a cover. I saw that wholesale sports had them. Be handy to keep the camping off the griddle when not in use while set up.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    2015 GMC 2500HD Dirtymax

Love my 3 burner Denali Camp Chef one. So handy to be making coffee, having bacon and pancakes all cooking at the same time. Makes it way easier to have meals for large groups camping. 90k BTU stoves can pretty much heat anything faster than I can at home.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Those are not agm, but that's fine. What you have is 12v batteries connected in parallel. They explicitly state "starting", which is the opposite of a true deep cycle type battery.
    Currently how long are these Bettie results lasting and how do you prepare them before you head out? Have you had them tested or even hooked them up to a smart charger?
    They were only tested when i got my new frame - one was completely shot (thats why there are only 2 pictured) and the other two are also on their way out but could prob last another trip. Due to their offgasing which I didnt know about I want to replace them with sealed batteries however those are really expensive - they live under the seat in my rv and they are currently not in a battery box - the reason I want the sealed ones is then I dont need to do anything special to them I can just replace like for like and hook up the wiring terminals again - however I think the wiring it the wrong gauge anyway and should be thicker. We prepare them by hooking up a trickle charger - this one http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mo...-0111506p.html and it takes about 24 hours to get a full charge. We have a battery meter that measures the charge and voltage of the battery. I think it also charges while I drive although I cannot be positive of that.

My Ride
    Audi

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    So what's everyone using for a portable BBQ?
    Camp chef 2 burner browning with the griddle + bbq box (same as what codetrap has in the pic above, however with the browning 2 burner stove instead). I also bought the nat-gas attachment so if I ever have to deep fry anything at home, I just hook it up in my backyard and use a cast iron pot instead.

My Ride
    2005 F350

Quote Originally Posted by codetrap View Post
    Hands down the best system. Ran a line from my RV and tie it in directly, no extra bottles, no fuss. Have cooked for 12 with this. Cooking for the family is no issue. The only thing I'd do differently is buy a single griddle instead of the bbq attachment. I think you can get the same results with steak easily.

Name:  c09d7b04-996b-4644-bf12-eb0b0a563642_1.66aaa8b4ee58608d0e2bc372deed2da4.jpeg
Views: 324
Size:  248.6 KB
    this is exactly what i have. i also have a line that attaches to my trailer so i don't have to carry any extra propane bottles.

one side grill, one side griddle. either side can be removed so you can cook with a pot or pan.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride

Lucky for me, Camp Chefs were on sale right now at Cabela's. I only picked up the single burner unit though, as I don't really think we need the double for now and the single is easier to stow in the trailer. Might change our mind after a season or two, but it's nice that the grills, and griddles fit them all.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Costco runs a sale on three burner camp chefs once a year, that's the deal you want. Actually, buy two because a stranger will a cost you in a campground asking to buy your stove. Happened to me.

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Anyone know where I can find one of these rv propane quick connect Y splitter? Or a place that I can get one made?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Bbq galore has a good selection of propane fittings and at least one dude who knows how they go together if you ask difficult questions.

Costco runs a sale on three burner camp chefs once a year, that's the deal you want. Actually, buy two because a stranger will a cost you in a campground asking to buy your stove. Happened to me.
    The deal at cabela's right now is pretty good. You can get the 2 burner, griddle, and bbq box for about $350. Less than a weber Q with stand and a lot more versatile.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If it's the real professional griddle that's a great deal. Heck, if it's the griddle that fits my stove I may buy it off anyone who picks one up.
    If it's just a small griddle pan, not so great. I can't find it on the website, anyone have a link?

My Ride
    Audi

Ordered the HQST 100w solar kit from Amazon for usage with my tent trailer:
    https://www.amazon.ca/HQST-Polycryst...&keywords=hqst

We camp mostly where there are no hookups (it's a tent trailer anyway) and I was using one of those 40w coleman kits. However it just wasn't charging the battery enough for me to use my furnace 2 nights in a row (when we do late aug/sept camping). Hopefully the 100w works a lot better.

However... I currently have a regular car battery in it. It's pretty much just used to power a furnace, some lights, charge mobile phones. Thoughts about leaving it as is or swapping to a deep cycle (12v) ?

My Ride

If it's the real professional griddle that's a great deal. Heck, if it's the griddle that fits my stove I may buy it off anyone who picks one up.
    If it's just a small griddle pan, not so great. I can't find it on the website, anyone have a link?
    http://www.cabelas.ca/product/1751/c...burner-griddle

The griddle isn't on sale, but the bbq boxes (both styles), and bbq's themselves are.

Page 35 of 150 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast