Quantcast
RV Camping; Tips, tricks & repairs - Page 57 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 57 of 150 FirstFirst ... 47 56 57 58 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2998

Thread: RV Camping; Tips, tricks & repairs

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by hampstor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and now i'm looking at hard-wall... Trying to keep it <21ft, preferably with bunks (i've got 3 kids).
    the one i'd love to get, perfect layout for me, is a bullet 247BHS its a little more than 21ft but its such a great layout, has everything i want, private bedroom, bathroom outside door, bunks with bike storage, and still relatively small. But first i have to sell my hybrid.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Audi

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    the one i'd love to get, perfect layout for me, is a bullet 247BHS its a little more than 21ft but its such a great layout, has everything i want, private bedroom, bathroom outside door, bunks with bike storage, and still relatively small. But first i have to sell my hybrid.
    I have only started browsing on kijiji but found a few already in the ~20-24ft range with bunks. My issue is that my driveway is relatively short. While I haven't measured explicitly, I can probably fit a trailer that's no longer than ~25ft long before either the tongue hangs on the street, or the trailer hits the soffit.

I'm in no rush to buy another trailer or sell my 12ft tent trailer. So I got time to wait for the right one.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Did you figure in the additional cost of basically setting up a smaller second household - another set of dishes/cutlery/cookware/linens/etc? Or do people just move their regular household stuff into their RV when they go out camping. What about the cost of a vehicle capable of towing said trailer as opposed to a more economical SUV or sedan/wagon?

Just asking, note that I've never owned a RV and don't ever see myself getting one. My wife and I would rather book a cabin or a motel/hotel - just more our thing. I'm not knocking anyone who does the RV thing but it's not our thing.
    For the most part the trailer has hand-me-down stuff from the house (cutlery, bedding, towels, etc) so I wouldn't really consider that. The tow vehicle definitely makes a difference. In the end though, I personally really enjoy camping and find it extremely relaxing. Like suntan mentioned, with kids (I have two) it is still an inexpensive way to vacation and lets face it, where else can you play with fire while drinking with the kids running around largely unsupervised and it isn't frowned upon? lol

I just mentioned the nightly cost because before that day I had never thought about it as camping normally seems cheap as you don't think about the cost of the trailer. At least I never do as I have always just paid cash. The people with 25 year payments probably don't think it is that cheap lol

Trying to use "worst/best" case scenario to drive my point across using low cost. Any deviation on higher cost is a bonus.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by hampstor View Post
    I have only started browsing on kijiji but found a few already in the ~20-24ft range with bunks. My issue is that my driveway is relatively short. While I haven't measured explicitly, I can probably fit a trailer that's no longer than ~25ft long before either the tongue hangs on the street, or the trailer hits the soffit.

I'm in no rush to buy another trailer or sell my 12ft tent trailer. So I got time to wait for the right one.
    Just curious what youre finding for pricing out there? Wife and I are kicking around getting rid of our truck / trailer and going to a motorhome. I have no idea what my trailer would be worth.

It's a 2012 but this model:
    https://www.kz-rv.com/2016-products/...S242SBHSS.html
    Cos...

My Ride
    Audi

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    Just curious what youre finding for pricing out there? Wife and I are kicking around getting rid of our truck / trailer and going to a motorhome. I have no idea what my trailer would be worth.

It's a 2012 but this model:
    https://www.kz-rv.com/2016-products/...S242SBHSS.html
    Found as low as 13K (for around 2009), most are in the 15-19K range (a few years old), with some in the 22-24k (new).

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Rented a 9 ton log splitter from kijiji this week. Split some spruce I had picked up earlier in teh year. Glad I got the splitter, it was knotty as hell, and wouldn't have be possible with an axe.
    Heavy beast, 175 lbs, so I just left it on the truck tailgate to use it instead of breaking my back lifting it in and out. was $30 for the day, which is a hell of a good deal.
    Name:  20181122_122437.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  49.8 KB
    Name:  20181122_125303.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  68.5 KB

Had far too much to fit on my indoor wood rack, so filled that and then put at least that much again outside.
    Name:  20181122_141207.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  76.6 KB
    Name:  20181123_162554.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  60.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    LNF

Is anyone here using a truck camper? Any tips on searching for a used one? I am looking on potentially getting a 10-15 year old truck camper, doing some small renos/improvements and running a small solar set up.

I just picked up a 2015 Sierra 2500HD with the 6.0L Gas engine from my work. Trying to find something <2000 lbs. The truck has a extra leaf in the rear so I do not think I will need air bags. Or am I wrong with this assumption?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Truck campers are awesome, but watch your weights. What is your truck rated for in terms of payload"? They are also surprisingly expensive compared to much larger trailers, since they have all the "stuff", just less space.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Set out some "damp traps" I got at the dollar store today.
    Name:  20181217_130013~2.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  54.1 KB

Also attached the replacement dump valve handles since two of my three rattled off this summer. Used thread locker so hopefully these stay put. Of course it's grand design so they use a handle you can't buy anywhere but the dealership for $19/each. Cocksuckers.

My Ride
    4x4

Sounds like you need a friend with a 3d printer I did a bunch of drawer catches a while back that can't be bought anymore.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Sounds like you need a friend with a 3d printer I did a bunch of drawer catches a while back that can't be bought anymore.
    If I loose any of these, that's a good idea. I'm hoping that the thread lock will keep 'em tight.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Truck campers are awesome, but watch your weights. What is your truck rated for in terms of payload"? They are also surprisingly expensive compared to much larger trailers, since they have all the "stuff", just less space.
    I guess I missed this.. My truck has a payload just at 3k lbs. So I was going to shoot for a 2k MAX dry weight. May even look for something without a shower (or small tanks) and no slides to reduce weight..

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Is ti camping season yet? I've been reading and dreaming about a big BC trip already. Have so many places I want to go. Enough for abut ten weeks, which will be tough on a two weeks trip . . . .

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Is ti camping season yet? I've been reading and dreaming about a big BC trip already. Have so many places I want to go. Enough for abut ten weeks, which will be tough on a two weeks trip . . . .
    Well, you can always dry camp! On a related note, I managed to actually get a week at Green Point on the west side of Van.Island (Tofino). That place sells out for the entire season in less than 10 minutes.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Good for you! I camped at Green point back when I was a lad and the memories of it are some of my favourites. We used to fish off those rocks there and catch surf perch. My older brother used 3 hooks at a time and often pulled up 3 fish per cast. I though 1 fish at a time was challenging enough!
    Actually considered trying to get out there this year, but the distance and ferry costs dissuaded me. That's a little depressing.

We used to winter camp all the time as kids too with our truck camper. Have never done it as an adult with my own kids though. Should probably try it one year. Hell, there's a couple school breaks coming soon. Hmmm......

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Yeah, ferry is ridiculous, that being said the Tswassen route to Victoria is also half price for trailers on certain days. I prefer that route anyways because there's more sailings.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Washington state ferries are a lot cheaper too.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

If I take my car with hitch to any hitch place in town they should be able to tell me that my hitch electrical connections are good right. Or is this simply a matter of using a multimeter on the 9 pin plug?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Buy one of these:
    Name:  8271173.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  32.9 KB
    https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...er/A-p8271173e

Eight bucks and you can test it yourself.

Page 57 of 150 FirstFirst ... 47 56 57 58 67 ... LastLast