Quantcast
My Deadift - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: My Deadift

My Ride
    NC1

Default My Deadift

185X5 & 235X1

Damn it I also had a 205X3 as well but after I hit record, the camera tilted and I didn't realize.

It's been a year since I've done the deadlift lol so I am a bit surprised I still have some strength. My previous best best was a 225X5 so I don't think I am that far off.

Anyway, critique away. My back feels alright but it is a bit sore.

Also did some 10-15 reps at 135lb and 20-25 reps for kroc rows with 30lb dumbbells as assistance work.

Gonna really feel it tomorrow.

I weighed in at 143lbs this morning. Not bad. When I deadlifted 2plates last summer I was a fat 165lbs HAHA so technically I'm leaner and stronger. 3 summers ago when I started I weighed around 140lbs and couldn't even bench 115lbs for 1 rep.

185X5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNsZ_...ature=youtu.be

235X1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtKgQ...ature=youtu.be
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Those look like Romanian or stiff deads... you need to use less back and more legs!

My Ride
    NC1

Forgot to say I have a fairly narrow stance about shoulder width apart.

Should I widen it?
    I am user #49

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Narrow stance is fine as long as your knees are tracking correctly. Are your arms rubbing on your legs as you pull?

You need to sit more before you start pulling. Your hips are to high in your starting position and you are not utilizing your legs at all as a result. These may as well be stiff leg deadlifts!

How tall are you?

My Ride
    Has wheels

Originally posted by KRyn
    You need to sit more before you start pulling. Your hips are to high in your starting position and you are not utilizing your legs at all as a result. These may as well be stiff leg deadlifts!
    Bingo!

You'll be able to pull more weight using your legs too.

My Ride
    NC1

Narrow stance is fine as long as your knees are tracking correctly. Are your arms rubbing on your legs as you pull?

How tall are you?
    I'm short. 5'5 lol

Yes I notice my starting position is quite high, didn't realize it until the video. No my arms do not rub against my legs as I pull. I scrape my shins though.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Short people excel at strength sports.

Over all your deadlift form isn't terrible. But that said, you need a little work. Just show up at my gym some time for a free lesson and stop being a newb.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Ya your form isnt the worst. But when your setting up lower your hips before you pull. As said already...

also maybe watch this

Hey shouldnt you deload instead of touch and go?

My Ride
    TypeR

So lucky you are short haha. If I did what you did it would be a stiff legged deadlift. My advice load your hamstrings but having your ass lower and back. Then drive your chest up to the ceiling.

Solid lifts tho bro keep it up
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    E46

Great numbers considering its been a year since you deadlifted.

TL

Good strength but definitely make the adjustments as per the advice/comments/posted vid.

GET STRONG MAXY!!!

My Ride
    TL

Short people excel at strength sports.

Over all your deadlift form isn't terrible. But that said, you need a little work. Just show up at my gym some time for a free lesson and stop being a newb.
    you're at u of c right? im getting back into the gym after a rotator cuff tear and a MCL tear. I was talking to one of guys who works there for some tips on a standing press, but i didn't feel like what he was saying was right.

anyways, when are you usually there, i definitely need to work on my form for squats and standing press. i'd really appreciate some guidance.

another thing dont do touch and goes. Actually let the weight go dead before the next rep.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by dandia89

you're at u of c right? im getting back into the gym after a rotator cuff tear and a MCL tear. I was talking to one of guys who works there for some tips on a standing press, but i didn't feel like what he was saying was right.

anyways, when are you usually there, i definitely need to work on my form for squats and standing press. i'd really appreciate some guidance.

We moved from the UofC and we now train out of Strive. Jon aka Liquidboy still attends the UofC so you may catch him in the gym once in a blue moon. He is willing to help most of the time but his shoulder press is horrible!

My Ride
    TL

We moved from the UofC and we now train out of Strive. Jon aka Liquidboy still attends the UofC so you may catch him in the gym once in a blue moon. He is willing to help most of the time but his shoulder press is horrible!
    sounds good.

i think i spoke to him once, but you guys were on a strict schedule, so he didn't have a chance to talk for long...

Ya I pretty much bench press 2.5x my shoulder press =( I'll be rarely working out at U of C/just on my off days, but if I have time and you want help just PM me.