Quantcast
Kinect fitness games - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Kinect fitness games

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Default Kinect fitness games

I just purchased a Kinect system, and have noticed a few games that are like personal trainers. I'm out of shape, but I'm interested in getting back into shape. Has anyone tried these programs? Do they encourage or motivate half decently? Just looking for something to get me started, and this might be the ticket.

The UFC trainer isn't terrible.. problem I have with these trainers is half the time it's not reading all of the crunches/pushups/activities you do simply because the motion technology isn't perfected yet - also it tries to simulate a real trainer a bit too much... hearing the same "Good job!... keep it up!... Good job!" repeated over and over again gets repetitive
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T Daytona

I've only played Your Shape! Fitness Evolved, and I quite like that one. There are a number of different types of workout programs that you can do and I think that they motivate fine. It's not super intense to start out but you can choose your levels.

The real tough part is turning on the machine and just playing. I found that I only started playing/exercising again when I made a bigger lifestyle change and adjusted my diet as well. That really helped motivate me.
    Crystal

My Ride
    12 civic si

imo these video game, fitness trainers can only do so much.

if you want to do something at home, you might as well get insanity, p90x, or something similar.

Originally posted by ajooo

if you want to do something at home, you might as well get insanity, p90x, or something similar.
    This is probably the best advice if you're looking at just training at home.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Originally posted by ajooo

I know that I'm not going to get the same results as I would from one of the more intense workouts, but I'm simply looking for a place to start. I think if I start here, with a more basic and easy workout, for someone as out of shape as myself, I can work my way up to something more intense, that will produce faster results. There's no way someone in my shape is ready for P90x or Insanity. I'm thinking one of these exercise programs to start, and a run around my neighbourhood would be a good place to start.

As for changing my diet, I already eat rather well, my big weakness is soda. I drink 4 cans of Pepsi a day. I know I have to cut that down, so that is the big change that I'm going to be working for as well.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

I am guaranteed in worse shape than you and I do insanity videos when I can. And p90x is half as intense as insanity. Insanity you don't have to do exactly the same pace as the trainer just go at your own and you will be fine, and stop and breath when you need to.
    I am 6'1 280 and can finish a video so I'm sure you can

My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T Daytona

My trick with pop is just never to have it in the house. The only time I allow myself to have pop is if I'm at a restaurant or out for dinner with friends, and in those cases I'd rather use the calories for alcohol than pop!

So try that - just don't buy pop anymore. If you have family or roommates at home, talk to them about it and see if they will help support that change and agree to no pop in the house.

The one thing that I crave from pop is carbonation, so I buy club soda on occasion and squirt some lime or lemon juice in it. That does the trick for me.

I used to hate just plain water, but after exercising more often it's fantastic. Water is always the healthiest choice. If you need some flavour, use lemon or lime or some other substitute.
    Crystal