Quantcast
Windows Phone 8 - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows Phone 8

My Ride
    Exploded.

BUMP.

Called the Rogers peeps today and HTC 8X and the Nokia Lumia 920 are released for $99/3-year plan!

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...920BLK&N=52+11

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...25ABLU&N=52+11

Now it's time to determine which (if any) are worth the $182 HUP fee.

Originally posted by flipstah
    BUMP.

Called the Rogers peeps today and HTC 8X and the Nokia Lumia 920 are released for $99/3-year plan!

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...LK&N=52+11

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...LU&N=52+11

Now it's time to determine which (if any) are worth the $182 HUP fee.
    theres lots of ppl reporting on the net that they were able to have their early upgrade fees reduced or waived completely

due a glitch in their system from a while back, i got mine reduced to $30... but not sure if its worth extending my contract lol

anyone know if it is possible to purchase an unlocked Lumia 920 anywhere?

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Ive been using the HTC 8X and its awesome. Its has a much nicer feel than the 920 as well. Definitely give it a try if you are considering a windows phone.. and the colors are sick!! LOL.

I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by civic_stylez
    Ive been using the HTC 8X and its awesome. Its has a much nicer feel than the 920 as well. Definitely give it a try if you are considering a windows phone.. and the colors are sick!! LOL.

My main attraction to the 920 is the fact that it has the following features:

Sweet camera
    wireless charging
    touchscreen you can use with gloves on

Does the 8X have any of those? I haven't been paying attention to any other phones as the 920 looks cooler to me, but I know it doesn't have the camera tech, not sure about the other two things I mentioned.

920 also has a bunch of colors, but rogers is only carrying black, which is kind of lame. Would have to go unlocked to get one.

There are like 3 different versions out there as well, so keep that in mind. AT&T one I believe is different than the Rogers one in terms of which bands it can connect to, and there is ofcourse the Chinese one which uses their own CDMA type of network.

Last edited by eblend; 11-13-2012 at 10:56 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by eblend

Sweet camera
    wireless charging

Does the 8X have any of those? I haven't been paying attention to any other phones as the 920 looks cooler to me, but I know it doesn't have the camera tech, not sure about the other two things I mentioned.

920 also has a bunch of colors, but rogers is only carrying black, which is kind of lame. Would have to go unlocked to get one.

There are like 3 different versions out there as well, so keep that in mind. AT&T one I believe is different than the Rogers one in terms of which bands it can connect to, and there is ofcourse the Chinese one which uses their own CDMA type of network.

I'm contemplating which of the three to get.

- The Nokia one is only interesting to me because of the camera. But how sweet is it that it's a selling point? The touchscreen thing is resolved because I have conductive gloves.
    - The HTC is available now for me (hopefully in red) but I don't know much about it other than it has a Beats amplifier. Good?
    - The ATIV is what attracted me initially because of the screen size. Other than that, I don't know which is the best. For some reason, it's the most expensive out of the three from Rogers.

FWP.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by eblend

Sweet camera
    wireless charging

8x has none of those features. Although the Verizon 8X apparently has wireless charging.

I held the dummy units at Rogers, prefered the feel of the 920. Plus its 32 GB, 8X is only 16.

Considering selling my iPhone 5 and jumping to windows phone 8... Just wish there was something that was comparable in size and thickness. Is the ativ supposed to be as big as the 920 and 8x?

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by sabad66
    Considering selling my iPhone 5 and jumping to windows phone 8... Just wish there was something that was comparable in size and thickness. Is the ativ supposed to be as big as the 920 and 8x?
    The HTC 8S will have a smaller screen than the 8X and will be a more compact phone that still uses the windows operating system.

I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Bicycle

Holy shit colors, looks like a unicorn just rainbow vomited on these phones.

Has anyone been able to find a 920 here locally? I've been told their shipment to the stores has been delayed. I still want to see one in stores but a few of the ones I went to currently don't have them in stock. Reservation systems says I'm #457 in line

Originally posted by civic_stylez

The HTC 8S will have a smaller screen than the 8X and will be a more compact phone that still uses the windows operating system.

No front camera? You'd think with ms buying Skype that this would be a given. I actually like the colourful styling of these phones, but I just need something thin and light that doesn't have a ridiculously big screen. Ill probably just wait it out until a really nice handset comes along...

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Comparison between 8X and 920.

Adam is a creepy fucker though..lol

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

I REALLY want a yellow Lumia 920. Stupid Rogers only carries black...
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

My Ride
    Edge

Originally posted by Kinjou
    Has anyone been able to find a 920 here locally? I've been told their shipment to the stores has been delayed. I still want to see one in stores but a few of the ones I went to currently don't have them in stock. Reservation systems says I'm #457 in line
    That sucks. My company is looking at cutting some costs by getting rid of the BB plan, which means I will have to get my own cellphone for the first time in over 3 years. This phone is the one I am leaning towards and would like to go see one in-store.

My Ride
    Exploded.

You can't remove the batteries for both the Nokia and HTC?

Fuck that noise.

Waiting for the ATIV then.

I just picked up an 920... adjusting slowly to it since I've been an iPhone user for ages.. but I see potential! I've going to have a hard time finding cases and stuff for these. Blah!

My Ride
    Edge

Originally posted by flipstah
    You can't remove the batteries for both the Nokia and HTC?

Fuck that noise.

Waiting for the ATIV then.
    The Future Shop flyer that came tonight has the 8X and Ativ S....

My Ride
    Exploded.

The ATIV S is *supposedly* to be released this Thursday so definitely be calling every Rogers store for that one.

For anyone who's gotten the Lumia, how is it performing?

It looks great in online reviews but the non-replaceable battery and no room for expansion are what's stopping me from getting this model.

Comparison:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-8...arison_id34647

My Ride
    Exploded.

BUMP.

After reading about it over the weekend, I've decided to go with the Nokia Lumia 920. I can hopefully, pick it up tonight.

I chose the Nokia over the rest because:

- The HTC has a smaller screen and while tempting to get it because of that amplifier, if it's anything like the Beats product line, it's all hype. Granted, I haven't actually gone and tested it out but it's not enough for me to change my mind

- I was dead-set on the ATIV S because of the removable battery and expansion capability but at almost 5 inches, that is a too big of a phone. After seeing the review as well, the Super OMLED screen whatever-it's-called is on the cool hue side

- The Nokia's camera and City Lens are what sealed the deal for me. I am totally digging the augmented reality function and that low-light camera is the bomb.

Also, Nokia's were indestructible so I'm hoping the trend continues here (had Nokia candybar phones and they lasted for quite some time, even when I forgot I had it in my pocket at the West Ed wave pool )

Coming from a Samsung Focus, their products look good but I don't think they're dependable.

My battery is on the shits after a year or two of usage. The plastic back cover is crap too.

However, I am worried about new developments of bugs with the HTC and Nokia; random booting, crappy batt life... etc.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast