Quantcast
Windows Phone 8 - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows Phone 8

My Ride
    Exploded.

Dropped it off at SEC and now I have a Lumia 710 as a backup. WP7... Meh.

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by flipstah
    Dropped it off at SEC and now I have a Lumia 710 as a backup. WP7... Meh.
    Wait, you work in SEC as well? I picked up my Lumia from the Rogers in the SEC on Tuesday.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by hampstor

Wait, you work in SEC as well? I picked up my Lumia from the Rogers in the SEC on Tuesday.
    I work at The BOW so it was the closest Rogers dealer to drop off.

I should've waited for the red 920.

My Ride
    Audi

I work at The BOW so it was the closest Rogers dealer to drop off.

I should've waited for the red 920.
    I debated between the red and yellow one before I ordered the white. I take my phone into lots of meetings and felt a red/yellow phone was borderline unprofessional.

White looked really good in the photos. In person, it's still nice - however the glossy white at certain angles looks really cheap. Think cheap glossy plastic tech gadgets made in china.

Not sure if the red would be similar since it's glossy as well. Just an observation on this phone.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I debated between the red and yellow one before I ordered the white. I take my phone into lots of meetings and felt a red/yellow phone was borderline unprofessional.

White looked really good in the photos. In person, it's still nice - however the glossy white at certain angles looks really cheap. Think cheap glossy plastic tech gadgets made in china.

Not sure if the red would be similar since it's glossy as well. Just an observation on this phone.
    That was my initial thought too but red is so badass... When I sent the phone in for a warranty check, I put a sidenote for Nokia to provide a red soft case.

If I have to buy it, that's fine. It's hard getting accessories locally anyways.

My Ride
    Audi

That was my initial thought too but red is so badass... When I sent the phone in for a warranty check, I put a sidenote for Nokia to provide a red soft case.

If I have to buy it, that's fine. It's hard getting accessories locally anyways.
    I ended up buying the case-mate barely there case in clear. I didn't wait to buy a phone in anything other than black, only to cover it up with a case. It's supposed to show up next week. I only want a case to reduce the likelyhood of shattering the screen if I dropped it.

Expansys has dates for the soft covers now (Nokia original). Most of the colours are early/mid feb, however red is March 2nd

My Ride
    Exploded.

I ended up buying the case-mate barely there case in clear. I didn't wait to buy a phone in anything other than black, only to cover it up with a case. It's supposed to show up next week. I only want a case to reduce the likelyhood of shattering the screen if I dropped it.

Expansys has dates for the soft covers now (Nokia original). Most of the colours are early/mid feb, however red is March 2nd
    http://www.case-mate.com/Nokia-Lumia...Naked-Case.asp

Should've bought this on release day!

My Ride
    Edge

Should see my phone in 2 business days, or so we were told. Rogers was waiting for a payment to clear up the company account before they would let us upgrade and that all went through today. Hopefully on Monday I'll have a new toy. Just went for the black so I wouldn't have to wait.

My Ride
    Edge

Is there anywhere else in the city that sells Otterbox or Incipio cases other than Future Shop or Walmart?

I was looking at this one: Incipio DualPro

and this one: OtterBox Commuter Series

I will likely also get an invisibleSHIELD screen protector: invisibleSHIELD

I did check the Future Shop and Walmart in Deerfoot Meadows, and although they both carry all three brands, none has anything for the Lumia 920. I'll order online if I have to but I don't want to pay shipping if I don't have to.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Phone is back from warranty repair and the backup function is working well. Too bad it cant backup music but whatever.

Id check the Rogers stores instead for cases. But if you take one of mine...

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by duaner
    Is there anywhere else in the city that sells Otterbox or Incipio cases other than Future Shop or Walmart?

I was looking at this one: Incipio DualPro

and this one: OtterBox Commuter Series

I will likely also get an invisibleSHIELD screen protector: invisibleSHIELD

I did check the Future Shop and Walmart in Deerfoot Meadows, and although they both carry all three brands, none has anything for the Lumia 920. I'll order online if I have to but I don't want to pay shipping if I don't have to.
    I couldn't find the DualPro case locally and ended up buying it from wpcentral.com's store (which I think is just the crackberry store). My wife has this case - it also comes with a screen protector that sits under the edge of the case but doesn't seem to stay on well. With shipping it ended up being around 30 bucks anyway and took about 2 weeks.

Still waiting for my casemate clear case.

Phone is back from warranty repair and the backup function is working well. Too bad it cant backup music but whatever.

Id check the Rogers stores instead for cases. But if you take one of mine...
    Do you know how to sync individual songs? I couldn't figure it out. I could only push entire albums. I am used to using Zune from WP7.

A week ago when I picked up my 920, the Rogers store in SEC had no cases for the 920. The one in TD had 2 ugly ass cases.

My Ride
    Edge

I can save 8 cents getting it at wpcentral instead of direct from Incipio.

Anyone have a car charger? My wife has a charger for her iPhone but it consists of a little plug that inserts into the 12V and she uses her USB cable. I would think it possible that I could use the same charger and just use the Lumia USB cable, correct?

Other than different battery sizes between smartphones, I don't see much difference if they can all also be charged via a USB port on a computer. The charging time will vary but that should be it.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I couldn't find the DualPro case locally and ended up buying it from wpcentral.com's store (which I think is just the crackberry store). My wife has this case - it also comes with a screen protector that sits under the edge of the case but doesn't seem to stay on well. With shipping it ended up being around 30 bucks anyway and took about 2 weeks.

Still waiting for my casemate clear case.

Do you know how to sync individual songs? I couldn't figure it out. I could only push entire albums. I am used to using Zune from WP7.

A week ago when I picked up my 920, the Rogers store in SEC had no cases for the 920. The one in TD had 2 ugly ass cases.
    There are incipio cases at Falconridge Rogers. I bought a simple black silicon case with side grips. Better than before.

I use Windows Media Player to manual sync my songs so its like quasi-drag-and-drop.

Quite good for me.

My Ride
    Exploded.

FUCK. I have a Bluetooth crave.

I want those Nokia accessories so bad!

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by duaner
    I can save 8 cents getting it at wpcentral instead of direct from Incipio.

Anyone have a car charger? My wife has a charger for her iPhone but it consists of a little plug that inserts into the 12V and she uses her USB cable. I would think it possible that I could use the same charger and just use the Lumia USB cable, correct?

Other than different battery sizes between smartphones, I don't see much difference if they can all also be charged via a USB port on a computer. The charging time will vary but that should be it.
    This is correct, almost every other manufacturer but the iPhone have switched over to microusb, so not only can you charge your lumia with that cable, you can also charge a ton of tablets or any other phone, all from the same cable or charger. Just plug ur USB into that little car socket and you should be good to go. If you ever need a replacement or an additional cable just buy any USB to micro USB cable and your good. Apple has a proprietary connector so that they can get suckers to pay $30 for one.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by eblend

This is correct, almost every other manufacturer but the iPhone have switched over to microusb, so not only can you charge your lumia with that cable, you can also charge a ton of tablets or any other phone, all from the same cable or charger. Just plug ur USB into that little car socket and you should be good to go. If you ever need a replacement or an additional cable just buy any USB to micro USB cable and your good. Apple has a proprietary connector so that they can get suckers to pay $30 for one.

Just got some Bluetooth headphones and they're awesome.

The functions are working well but when you finish a call on the Lumia and I'm listening to internet radio, it struggles to do playback. Will test on downloaded music later on.

I'm waiting for the Belkin HD Bluetooth Receiver to be on stock at MemEx then my vintage stereo will experience Bluetooth powah!

My Ride

Just got some Bluetooth headphones and they're awesome.

The functions are working well but when you finish a call on the Lumia and I'm listening to internet radio, it struggles to do playback. Will test on downloaded music later on.

I'm waiting for the Belkin HD Bluetooth Receiver to be on stock at MemEx then my vintage stereo will experience Bluetooth powah!

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

My Ride
    Exploded.

Awww sheeit, thanks man! This one is good but the Belkin one is L/R RCA audio.

Not sure if that's any better vs. AUX... That one, I'm not aware of.

My Ride

Thinks both will yield the same results. Or just buy one of these from monoprice as well

My Ride

There is also one with a charger built in, and LR rca cable included

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast