Quantcast
Evo X or alternative? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Evo X or alternative?

My Ride
    2013 Toyota RAV4

Originally posted by colinxx235
    ^

All good. Any questions about the 335ix or S4 you have throw me a PM or ask here. I did a rather large amount of research on those cars. And have test driven everything in the range. 335ix sedan, coupe (manual and auto). 335is, M3, S4.
    Best thing about the 3/S4 is what a simple chip does to the car. Stasis chip makes the S4 a blast.
    Does your S4 also have that Royal Oak exclusive "golf ball" finish?

Originally posted by got_mike33

Does your S4 also have that Royal Oak exclusive "golf ball" finish?

uhhh no. I doubt I'd be saying I'm in love with a car that looks like an ex gf took a ball peen to it

edit: heres some pics just from the garage. I haven't had the proper time to get some photos I like. Not to mention my photography blows

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version
    Last edited by colinxx235; 09-13-2012 at 06:56 PM.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Had a 2008 non-x 335i and loved it, just sold it and bought a 2011 335ix. Car is as close to perfect in that price range as you can get imo. I think there's an argument that the s4 takes it and as new the cars are comparable in price but used the 335i in the 2001 range goes at like a 5k to 10k discount. Can't speak on the evo or sti, wicked cas i hear but as noted probably not a worth comparo.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    Ram

having owned all 3, evo/sti/335xi

I would have to say that i enjoyed my evo mr the most out of all of them. the 335xi came in second probably wouldve been ahead of the evo had i not brought my car into bmw gallery to get the fuel pump changed 4 times in 1 year.

some pros and cons

sti - boring car, car understeers too much, i had a GD but the GR's i thought were worse than GD's, but cheap deals to be had, people are always looking to unload.

evo - awesome car, drives fabulous, Mine being an MR brakes are expensive. they were on par with my gtr. If modded got about 320km to a tank, so on par with my C63 but worse than my GTR 1 issue i had that alot of people had in colder provinces, My AYC pump failed. it was covered under warranty, if not it is about a 3-4k bill, there are some horror stories about it

335xi - Awesome stereo, car handles awesome in snow with winters. Expensive to mod, Fuel pump issue. Having to deal with bmw service was painful having to wait a month to bring it in to get looked at (fuel pump issue)

I did also test drive an s4 i do put it above the 335xi but behind the 335i but overall i think the car was overpriced for what it is.

EDIT: bmw has terrible resale value, since colinxx235 bought his s4 for so cheap i put it worse than or just as bad as the 335. the sti and evo is not quite honda resale value, however its not bad
    Last edited by Sorath; 09-15-2012 at 10:55 AM.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

That's really weird about fuel pump. How long ago? The latest recall should have pretty much fixed the issues.

Also, I've had 3 E90s now and I've had good luck with the service especially at the South dealer. Appts usually within 2 weeks with brand new cars for loaners. Parts and service are surprisingly no more expensive than Lexus/Audi/Merc/Honda/VW.

My Ride
    Ram

you know when i had my e92 aleks, it was probably 2-3 years ago. I never once got a loaner. This was at the north store, not south

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Sorath
    you know when i had my e92 aleks, it was probably 2-3 years ago. I never once got a loaner. This was at the north store, not south
    Yeah the recall was last year with the new pumps. I didn't think it was that long since you had your E92. The south store is much bigger and always gives out loaners if you ask.

Originally posted by pinoyhero
    Had a 2008 non-x 335i and loved it, just sold it and bought a 2011 335ix. Car is as close to perfect in that price range as you can get imo. I think there's an argument that the s4 takes it and as new the cars are comparable in price but used the 335i in the 2001 range goes at like a 5k to 10k discount. Can't speak on the evo or sti, wicked cas i hear but as noted probably not a worth comparo.

S4 vs 335ix I definitely liked the drive of the 3 coupe more, hands down. Much lighter and a more intouch feeling with corners. But to me it came down to the deal I got.

Calgary BMW has a 2011 black 335ix coupe manual loaded with saddle brown leather. But they wanted 54.9 + gst + fees. Just a joke

My Ride
    GR STI Hatch

Hey guys. I ended up purchasing a new STI hatchback yesterday. I test drove all 3 cars twice each, and ultimately decided on the STI. I liked the way it felt driving and really liked the interior, and got what I felt was a good deal on it. As far as the Evo goes, the lack of folding seats was a deal breaker for me after a lot of consideration, so I gave up on it. The BMW I test drove was pretty awesome, but it didn't have that excitement I wanted when driving it.
    Life is too short to be angry. Eat some cake, go for a ride, be happy.

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

Originally posted by MustangSVT
    Hey guys. I ended up purchasing a new STI hatchback yesterday. I test drove all 3 cars twice each, and ultimately decided on the STI. I liked the way it felt driving and really liked the interior, and got what I felt was a good deal on it. As far as the Evo goes, the lack of folding seats was a deal breaker for me after a lot of consideration, so I gave up on it. The BMW I test drove was pretty awesome, but it didn't have that excitement I wanted when driving it.
    awesome, congrats! It will be fun driving up to the mountains

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3