Quantcast
Looking for new home for male 3 year old Golden Retriever - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for new home for male 3 year old Golden Retriever

My Ride
    Lariat

Default Looking for new home for male 3 year old Golden Retriever

Posting this for a friend

She is looking for a new home for her 3 year old male Golden Retriever named Huxley.
    Unfortunately some recent health problems have made it difficult for her to walk the dog and take him out so she has decided to give up the dog to a good home. She would like to see it go to a family with a bigger house and yard so Huxley has alot of room to play. He is used to 2 walks a day.
    Huxley has been fixed and is a great dog. All shots are up to date.

If you are interested or know someone who might be please contact Heather at 403-919-0991 (please do not PM me)

Last edited by asp integra; 09-11-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

nice looking dog

Beautiful animal.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Why not just let it run around in the yard? I had the same dog for 17 years, it was never overweight. It just ran around and entertained itself.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

I hate people that abandon their pets once the novelty wears off. Tell your friend to think next time they have the urge to get a pet, or have a child. You may as well drive it out to the country and shoot it, that's what will likely happen after your friend drops it at the SPCA. I'm sorry, but IMO there are no excuses for that kind of bs behavior.

Originally posted by FixedGear
    I hate people that abandon their pets once the novelty wears off. Tell your friend to think next time they have the urge to get a pet, or have a child. You may as well drive it out to the country and shoot it, that's what will likely happen after your friend drops it at the SPCA. I'm sorry, but IMO there are no excuses for that kind of bs behavior.
    I don't really post that much but I don't understand why people go into a fit without knowing all the details. I don't know asp nor his/her friend but it sounds to me like they have taken good care of the dog. 2 walks a day, has been fixed and all its shots are up to date. It was never mentioned the severity of her health issues, so therefore you can't assume that the dog was just a "novelty". Nowhere in his/her post did they say they will be giving it to the SPCA off the bat, as mentioned they are looking for a good home.

Perhaps learn to read?

Originally posted by asp integra
    Posting this for a friend

She is looking for a new home for her 3 year old male Golden Retriever named Huxley.
    UNFORTUNATELY SOME RECENT HEALTH PROBLEMS have made it difficult for her to walk the dog and take him out so she has decided to give up the dog to a good home. She would like to see it go to a family with a bigger house and yard so Huxley has alot of room to play. He is used to 2 walks a day.
    Huxley has been fixed and is a great dog. All shots are up to date.

If you are interested or know someone who might be please contact Heather at 403-919-0991 (please do not PM me)
    Last edited by Jonel; 09-11-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Lol, I read and understood it just fine. People need to realize when getting a pet that they are responsible for it, even if their life changes.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Lol, I read and understood it just fine. People need to realize when getting a pet that they are responsible for it, even if their life changes.
    What if she has cancer, is likely going to pass away and spending most of her time in a hospital?

Holy fuck, too many bleeding hearts out there.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

You're a fucking idiot Health problems now doesn't mean the novelty is wearing off. If you had a dog and then got hit by a car and was paralysed from the neck down and thus could not walk the dog doesn't mean you are abandoning the dog. According to you, the dog should stay with the owner forever and even when the quality of the life of the dog has gone down due to health problems of the owner, they should still keep the dog? What would you do in that situation? Get off your fucking high horse. As far as I can see, the owner is doing everything to make sure the dog is still cared for. She is taking responsibility for the dog, you just have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Nice looking dog

Originally posted by psycoticclown

You're a fucking idiot Health problems now doesn't mean the novelty is wearing off. If you had a dog and then got hit by a car and was paralysed from the neck down and thus could not walk the dog doesn't mean you are abandoning the dog. According to you, the dog should stay with the owner forever and even when the quality of the life of the dog has gone down due to health problems of the owner, they should still keep the dog? What would you do in that situation? Get off your fucking high horse.
    What horse?

His horse ran away due to owner's mental health problem.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

What a terrible horse owner.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

low mileage bucket for the horse?

Part out the Horse?

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by ddduke

What if she has cancer, is likely going to pass away and spending most of her time in a hospital?

Holy fuck, too many bleeding hearts out there.

She needs to just break the dogs legs so he won't need to walk, then they can be together forever.

Originally posted by CapnCrunch

She needs to just break the dogs legs so he won't need to walk, then they can be together forever.

classy

My Ride
    Lariat

Well it looks like the 13 year olds have had their fun, but thanks to those with good comments. She would love nothing more than to keep Huxley as she has owned pets her whole life but as i said, recent health problems are making it very hard on her now. I wont go into specifics as it is no ones business so please keep this thread on topic. Either post something constructive or nothing at all.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

One thing I learned from owning a pure bred dog is that the "rescue crowd" are as equally as snotty as the pure bred crowd. Hence, some of the comments here. You rescued a mutt, not some african child.

My Ride
    oooo

Just FYI the SPCA does not euthanize dogs unless they are aggressive. I have a friend that worked there and we do their scale service (weigh all the dead animals so they don't put too many in the incinerator at once). The animals there are treated better than most are treated at home.

Dogs are almost always adopted out. Worst case scenario if you can't help here out on Beyond I would suggest she go down and talk to them. They are all "animal people"... some "crazy animal people" that treat pets like children, but be assured a beautiful dog like that would definitely NOT be put down, it would probably be adopted out in a few days tops.

Good luck and hope your friend recovers from her illness.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Just added another name.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast