Quantcast
iOS 6 Now available - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: iOS 6 Now available

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I wonder what's making the difference for some of you guys with terrible iOS6 performance. My 4 hasn't run this fast since I first got it. Did you guys jailbreak at some point?

I do agree the maps sucks. I didn't realize how often I used it to find random things.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    whatever I feel like

I think no transit info period, not just Calgary.

My Ride
    T4R & B8.5 S4

It's my understanding (I only have an Ipad 3 still running iOS 5) that you can pin maps.google.com to your front screen on iOS 6 - a pain in the ass until Google releases an actual app, but gives you all the details and usefulness of Google Maps while Apple fixes the folly of iOS 6 maps.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

I do miss street view. It was nice being able to see what a place I haven't been to looked like.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by rage2
    I wonder what's making the difference for some of you guys with terrible iOS6 performance. My 4 hasn't run this fast since I first got it. Did you guys jailbreak at some point?

I do agree the maps sucks. I didn't realize how often I used it to find random things.
    Don't really know if there were multiple variants of the iphones prior to the 5, but could it be that some versions are having shitty issues, while others are fine?

Like the verizon thing in the states, they had to push out a patch because the phones were using a crazy amount of data
    Last edited by eblend; 10-01-2012 at 12:21 PM.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Set the phone up as new don't do a restore.

I have always had lag or poor battery life when I restore an iPhone. Since I started doing it as new every update I had been more then happy
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    '16 GMC HD '94 MKIV SUPRA

No jailbreak on my phone, and its only 3 months old...I hope they release an update to fix this issue!!

Originally posted by Kavy

I have always had lag or poor battery life when I restore an iPhone. Since I started doing it as new every update I had been more then happy
    Does starting new keep data from apps? or do you lose everything including contacts etc

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Contacts should be saved to cloud or gmail if that's what you use.

When it comes to apps just resync them. When it comes to games progression however I think that might get lost.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Originally posted by Kavy

This

I read about this a while back on my 3GS how ppl reported better battery life when they set it up as new and I tried it and it actually did make a difference. As to why or how, no clue...

Btw even if u have jail broken in the past it should have zero affect once u wipe and reinstall any iOS and setup as new phone...it's not like jail breaking changes anything hardware wise. The software unlock from way back would alter the baseband I guess but that doesn't work anymore so no one would be doing that anyways.

I was thinking about updating to ios 6 and see how it is for myself and if it sucks then just downgrade to 5.1.1 again but after reading abt the apple maps fail I decided against it.

so this might be random, but apple still has rights to google maps from iOS5. so really, doesn't that mean apple could just re-release google maps from iOS5? simple fix really.

My Ride

So I turned my phone off for 5 mins, turned it back on and now it seems to be running normal again! weird.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by topsecret
    So I turned my phone off for 5 mins, turned it back on and now it seems to be running normal again! weird.
    I might've mentioned this before somewhere, but I've noticed once every month or 2, the iPhone goes into slow/super battery drain mode, where you can sit at dinner and literally watch battery life drop by 20%. Rebooting it doesn't do anything, battery drain continues. Usually lasts a solid 12+ hours.

I suspect that iOS does internal cleanup or some sort of maintenance task once in a while which shows up as WTF is wrong with my phone for a night. I've had this happen since the 3G, so it's been an issue for a long time. Wonder if that's what happened to you...
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

I might've mentioned this before somewhere, but I've noticed once every month or 2, the iPhone goes into slow/super battery drain mode, where you can sit at dinner and literally watch battery life drop by 20%. Rebooting it doesn't do anything, battery drain continues. Usually lasts a solid 12+ hours.

I suspect that iOS does internal cleanup or some sort of maintenance task once in a while which shows up as WTF is wrong with my phone for a night. I've had this happen since the 3G, so it's been an issue for a long time. Wonder if that's what happened to you...

I have no idea what the deal is, but yesterday by this time I was @ 60% battery (I always have my phone plugged in on my way to work about a 20 min drive and charge it every night) today I am at 90% battery and its working good, able to text without it freezing, I can send and receive pics again...its like the phone is brand new!

My 4S has never run worse. It is about 6 months old and it has never been jailbroken.

My biggest thing is actually the bug with Exchange/ActiveSync. I don't really care much about the maps, but the battery drain is just brutal now! I probably only have 6 or 7 apps, and the only one I leave running is mail.

I have disabled Siri and almost all location services, but my phone is almost dead everyday when I get home. When I was on iOS5, I would easily have 60+% left.

My Ride
    996TT

Try a restore. Sometimes the iOS installs don't go we'll in the beginning when apple is getting hammered with update traffic.

I have iOS 6 GM on my phone for a week before I switched to the iphone 5. iOS 6 was solid on my phone. And my wife still has her 4s which runs just as good as it did with iOS 5

My Ride
    lots

anyone having issues with their billing since IS06. it keeps telling me that my security code on my CC is invalid and incorrect. however it is not incorrect.
    CHEVROLET= Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.

What is the version of iPhone is it 5.1 that has unique facilities.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

I kind of liked the clock from ios 6 for my ipad, as I played with it briefly before getting my ipad replaced due to badly cracked screen.

Is it possible for me to install the native clock app from 6 and put it on to 5.1.1?

My Ride
    TypeR

Are any of you guys having problems syncing bluetooth devices now? Ever since the update my wireless dre beats cut out like crazy. I am not the only one with this problem either.

They better fix this fast!
    IG:scboss

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5