Quantcast
Wedding Budget? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How much did you spend/will spend?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than $10,000

31 20.67%
  • $10,000 - $15,000

20 13.33%
  • $15,001 - $20,000

23 15.33%
  • $20,001 - $25,000

21 14.00%
  • $25,001 - $30,000

14 9.33%
  • $30,001+

41 27.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Budget?

Originally posted by nzwasp

I'm not sure I agree about that. I think the only reason that the Chinese/Asian weddings are so large is that the bride and groom let their parents get too involved. Ive been to some of these large weddings and I'm pretty sure the bride and groom didnt know 75% of the people there. My wife is Chinese and we kept our wedding to a modest 120 people.
    Well that's how it's traditionally done. A traditional marriage involves not just family, but everyone from the village, as well as people from neighbouring villages etc. Everyone has a great time and gets waisted. You have to invite X, Y and Z because they invited you to their cousins wedding so you HAVE to invite them. I'm not Asian and I agree that it's stupid, but it's just the way things are for them. You'd be hard-pressed to find a local girl (I don't mean a Asian-Canadian chick, who are a completely different breed) who wouldn't want the big bash. And considering that it lasts two days and starts at 5am, it doesn't seem like a very pleasant experience to me. Better to invite a few people and enjoy yourself but tradition stipulates that you have to invite anyone remotely related (and they'll bring along their friends...).
    Porsche 944S2 Cabrio

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by masoncgy

No doubt.

This thread has done well to remind me why I haven't bothered going ahead with an official wedding. Thanks guys!
    I hear that. Some people are spending nearly a down payment on a house, on a one-day event. Crazy.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

My wife and I wanted to get married in Banff/Canmore - but after going to a bunch of venues for around 120 - 150 people we eventually decided to get married in Kelowna, BC. The venue was a winery and it came to 10k less than it would of for Banff.

Also since it was semi-destination it meant that only people that really knew us wanted to spend the money to get themselves there.

Also we were allowed to get the one day liquor license and provide beer and spirits for our guests. The venues seem to turn a blind eye to where this booze comes from - in our case it wasn't all from BC liquor.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

I hear that. Some people are spending nearly a down payment on a house, on a one-day event. Crazy.
    40-50% end up in divorce.

Be happy everyday. No need to go on lock down.

Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

we do have a $30k+ budget... but im trying to talk her out of using even 1/5th of it on the wedding

Originally posted by ercchry
    we do have a $30k+ budget... but im trying to talk her out of using even 1/5th of it on the wedding
    Not even married and already fighting about money.

Unless she makes 4-5 times more than you do... run.

My wife spent $300 on her wedding dress.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

thats nice. its not a fight about money. its just wasteful, i'd rather get a third house...

My BF and I have decided to not have a wedding and to just get married. Afterall it is the marriage that is most important, not the wedding.

We are both quiet and private people and will just be inviting our bestfriends and immediate family. We don't see the need to spend exhorbitant amounts of money for people we will never see again. LOL

If I had to do it again...

I would have 30-40 people and just have a dinner here.

http://www.crmr.com/theranche/

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by sputnik

Not even married and already fighting about money.

Unless she makes 4-5 times more than you do... run.

My wife spent $300 on her wedding dress.
    My wife was about the same. We did the whole wedding for < $2k for 45 people.

Fresh out of University, we made the food ourselves, free location at a relatives cottage, they made their bouquets from Costco flower bundles, etc.

My Ride
    12 camaro ss ,91 aristo , 12 ram

Pretty lucky! East indian weddings are like a week long thing full of parties and costs are a lot more then 30k! Guests are ussally in the range of 300-500

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

This website says the average Canadian spends 20-30k on their wedding (http://www.mycanadianwedding.com/wed...adian-wedding/)

I had 110 guests, spent just over 10k including wedding party gifts, photographer, dj, etc. (Chinese wedding). In hindsight, I could have spent more, but it was still perfect for what we wanted. (I think the average is thrown off by baller chinese and indian weddings to be honest)
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

400+ people, WAY back in the day. Probably cost a mint but then again things/expectations were different then.

And wife's parents paid for it all. We were dead broke. We repaid them by leaving our kids with them 'once in a while'.

Haha. Actually I used to laugh, but I can't wait till my kids leave their kids with me. Happily will pay for their weddings

My Ride
    Indian Scout

We just got married this past weekend with 120 guests and the bill came in at just under 10k. We were fortunate, however, that my wife's dad is a professional photographer so we got the shoot and album at no charge. Otherwise it would have added $5k to the cost.

The venue we used was Fort Calgary and it was by far the best wedding buffet I've ever had. In fact, of the 120 guests, at least 100 also said that it was the best wedding food by a long shot they've ever tasted. I would very highly recommend Fort Calgary as a venue but I believe they max out at 140 guests in their large hall.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by bleu
    My BF and I have decided to not have a wedding and to just get married. Afterall it is the marriage that is most important, not the wedding.

We are both quiet and private people and will just be inviting our bestfriends and immediate family. We don't see the need to spend exhorbitant amounts of money for people we will never see again. LOL
    I am user #49

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

How about smaller engagement ring, smaller wedding. Bigger honeymoon and big screen TV?

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

I got married at osteria de medici. had about 20 people, cost was around 3k. It was nice, I do regret not having a big wedding and stuff, but thats what 5 years and 10 years are for I guess

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    How about smaller engagement ring, smaller wedding. Bigger honeymoon and big screen TV?
    I did not realize that some women have planned their marriage since they were kids and it's a serious deal to them. I wouldn't say that's high maintenance but somethings just mean more to others.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

Originally posted by max_boost
    I did not realize that some women have planned their marriage since they were kids and it's a serious deal to them. I wouldn't say that's high maintenance but somethings just mean more to others.
    I've known women who have had there weddings planned down to the last detail, all they needed was the groom....they are more concerned about the wedding day than the actual marriage.
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    rally pig

my fiance's parents want a big wedding here, however both of us just want a small simple wedding.

at this moment, what we are thinking on doing is eloping in Phi Phi, get married and honeymoon just the 2 of us.
    Then have a small simple family/friends banquet in Calgary when we are back.

honestly, we don't want to spend more than $5000 just for a day event and rather use the money on our house or honeymoon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast