Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 69 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 69 of 130 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2590

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We do. Also shop at Superstore and fill up her car at Esso/Mobil. Surprising for just two people how fast we get $10 off redemptions.
    Right on. Just with myself and only using the PC optimum app I'm getting enough to redeem around $80 to $100 every few months. I figure with the Mastercard it'll be much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    PC Optimum is pretty tempting, our 3 more common places to spend money is Costco, Superstore, and Shoppers. I was going to get the Westjet one, but then got a job that has flight benefits, so I don't need to worry about that anymore, lol.
    I too have flight benefits. The WS card never really tempted me as their network is mostly just North America, also Aeroplan works with STAR alliance too.

But kinda pointless as I work for AC anyway and get really good flight benefits anywhere in the world. Some of my colleagues still collect for lounge access etc. But overall I'd probably get more bang for buck out of the PC Mastercard.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    Anybody here have one of the PC Optimum Mastercards?

I was thinking of getting an Aeroplan Visa, or one of those cash back credit cards, but I think the PC Mastercard might be better for me overall. I do my grocery shopping exclusively at Superstore and get my gas either at Esso or at Superstore as well. Considering the PC cards have no annual fee I'm thinking it may be a better bet for me.

If anybody has one, did it make big difference in how fast you rack up PC optimum points?

I have the PC World Elite M/C and after getting one, I was racking up points really fast. It also helps that I'm gassing up and grocery shop at Superstore as well. It took me a long time to hit 1 million points prior to getting the World Elite, as I was just collecting points using my PC Debit card and loading up offers on the Optimum. The Optimum card is kinda a game, tracking what you regularily buy for groceries and loading up offers the week after to intice you to buy it again.

As well, I'm always watching RFD for Shoppers Drug Mart deals that end up in you getting paid (paid back in points) to pick up products off their shelves. My last score was buying $60 in Oreo Cookies but getting back $70 in points. I donated a few to the Food Bank and made lots of friends at work

I like the card. No annual fee. World card. ( no idea what perks/benefits it has though), I even have the RBC Infinite Avion and @ $120/year I never use it.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 04-16-2019 at 08:39 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

You bought $60 of Oreos just to get points?!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    You bought $60 of Oreos just to get points?!
    $60 Oreos but $70 back in points. Hell yeah made $10 profit lol.

Previous score before this IIRC buying $80 in Toblerone chocolate bars and getting $75 back in points or something to that effect. Shoppers has some crazy points deals sometimes
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    I have the PC World Elite M/C and after getting one, I was racking up points really fast. It also helps that I'm gassing up and grocery shop at Superstore as well. It took me a long time to hit 1 million points prior to getting the World Elite, as I was just collecting points using my PC Debit card and loading up offers on the Optimum. The Optimum card is kinda a game, tracking what you regularily buy for groceries and loading up offers the week after to intice you to buy it again.

As well, I'm always watching RFD for Shoppers Drug Mart deals that end up in you getting paid (paid back in points) to pick up products off their shelves. My last score was buying $60 in Oreo Cookies but getting back $70 in points. I donated a few to the Food Bank and made lots of friends at work

I like the card. No annual fee. World card. ( no idea what perks/benefits it has though), I even have the RBC Infinite Avion and @ $120/year I never use it.
    Right on thanks. Yeah I hate annual fees.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    Previous score before this IIRC buying $80 in Toblerone chocolate bars and getting $75 back in points or something to that effect. Shoppers has some crazy points deals sometimes
    I think the merging of PC and Optimum caused this to happen. Optimum was good but not free stuff good.

PC MC Elite is still my daily go to. But I am looking for a travel card and $400 and waived fee for 1st year is having me consider TD First Class Travel Infinite.

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

Anyone currently using AMEX Platinum? Worth upgrading from Gold AMEX?
    My card was acting up and called AMEX to get a replacement card and they offer an upgrade.
    I said I will think about it but I do like the lounge access pass they offer and double points etc but $499 annual fee kinda hurts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by muse017 View Post
    My card was acting up and called AMEX to get a replacement card and they offer an upgrade.
    I said I will think about it but I do like the lounge access pass they offer and double points etc but $499 annual fee kinda hurts lol.
    I thought the yearly fee was $699?

i've had the TD infinite first class travel visa since 2011. i like it because the annual fee gets waived, because i have an "all-inclusive" account. i found that recently, TD has changed the poins system, however. are there any other travel cards that is better than this one? thanks!
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by muse017 View Post
    I had the gold amex (applied for the wrong card) and then switched up to the platinum amex. Have had it for maybe 2-3 months and so far we've used it for several purchases and booking restaurants, etc. while we trvel and it's worked, surprisingly, although that's what they advertise, so it shouldn't be that shocking. I'm currently switching all of my purchases from my aeroplan TD visa to the amex to see if it's going to get me more in a year or two.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I've been rolling with the Scotia Amex gold (4x points on gas, groceries, restaurants, entertainment purchases), and the Scotia Passport Visa Infinite (2x points on grocery, restaurants, and transit. No Foreign Tx fee on any non Canadian dollar purchases and 6 airport lounge passes). They're in tune with where I spend my money, Amex gold for just about everything so I get more points and the Visa for the perks and extra points wherever Amex isn't accepted.

My Ride
    V8s

Anyone with the RBC WJ World Elite have luck with getting their annual fees waived? I don't have any other products with RBC and not stoked on the idea of moving stuff over, but interested if anyone has any tips.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by nj2Type-S View Post
    i've had the TD infinite first class travel visa since 2011. i like it because the annual fee gets waived, because i have an "all-inclusive" account. i found that recently, TD has changed the poins system, however. are there any other travel cards that is better than this one? thanks!
    FUUU i didn't even notice this?!!? What's the change? Because it looks the same to me... Still about 1.5%
    Last edited by jwslam; 04-19-2019 at 10:32 AM.

My Ride
    FB6

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    FUUU i didn't even notice this?!!? What's the change? Because it looks the same to me... Still about 1.5%
    They did it a while ago, the change is that the book anywhere only gets you 1.25% on the first $1000 I think, and 1.5% thereafter.

Booking on expedia for TD remains at 1.5%. The earning 3x on expedia for TD is also the same.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

My mom text me this morning if I got my birthday bonus reward points from RBC (Avion). My birthday was back in April.

I told her it was the first I'm hearing of this. She says I should have got an email to activate the offer. She got her email and called RBC rewards to ensure it was legit.

So I search back in my archived emails and sure enough, there is the birthday offer... long since expired. It's only 100 points but still, I collect these points religiously.

So if any Avioners here get a birthday email from RBC, it's legit. Don't just automatically archive it.

On a side note, anyone here doing the Petro-Canada 3 cents off per liter + bonus RBC points? You just have to link your RBC card to your Petro-Points card. I was also invited to do the surveys which give you extra Petro points, sometimes 50 points, or 1000 points or 2000 points. Not too bad really.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

i have my card linked, i don't like Petro gas though so i don't make much use of it. I use it for the Jeep i guess.

Worth doing for sure though, its 3 cents with no effort aside from the linking.

No idea what petro points are used for though lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Yah I never used to go to Petro stations either, but their "Wash and Glide" car washes started me off going there. Firstly it was because it was open 24 hours. Then I discovered that it had decent dryers so it became a favorite. Then I discovered the "Wash and Go" reloadable cards (reload online with bonus extra wash), so I got a Petro card along with the Wash and Go card. Then I discovered the RBC deal with the 3 cents off and bonus RBC Rewards points so I linked my Avion card and started buying fuel there. So it's the only place I go now.

You can use the Petro-Points for various rewards from Petro-Canada. The usual rewards seem to be redeemed for car wash tickets or gasoline purchases. I have 25,000 Petro points so that equals $25 worth in free gas or 2 car wash tickets. Right now, they keep sending me an offer for a 'Fuel Rewards Card' which is 200 liters of fuel at 10 cents off per liter. You can combine that with your RBC card which equals a total of 13 cents off per liter. But I haven't accepted the offer yet. Not sure if I will.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Rumour of an amazon.ca card coming back:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PersonalFin...medium=ios_app

If you’re a prime member you get 2.5% amazon credit back on purchases from amazon, whole foods. And no forex fee

If you’re not a prime member, it’s a pretty shitty card.

I may get it solely to use for amazon purchases but not sure if it’s worth having another card for one merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Rumour of an amazon.ca card coming back:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PersonalFin...medium=ios_app

If you’re a prime member you get 2.5% amazon credit back on purchases from amazon, whole foods. And no forex fee

If you’re not a prime member, it’s a pretty shitty card.

I may get it solely to use for amazon purchases but not sure if it’s worth having another card for one merchant.
    If I'm reading that right, they took away with 1% cash on all other purchases so that card is pretty terrible, especially with other cards giving 2% cash back on everything, who cares about an extra 0.5% on Amazon-only purchases.

Probably best to just keep the Home Trust card for FX stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If I'm reading that right, they took away with 1% cash on all other purchases so that card is pretty terrible, especially with other cards giving 2% cash back on everything, who cares about an extra 0.5% on Amazon-only purchases.

Probably best to just keep the Home Trust card for FX stuff.
    Yeah i don't think its worth it the more i think of it. I don't shop at Whole Foods, and don't seem to be buying as much as i used to on Amazon to justify dealing with a separate card.

That said, there's not a lot of cards that give 2% cashback on everything unless you're grandfathered in, so the differential could be more like .75% or 1% compared to other no-fee cashback cards. Really will depend on how much you buy on amazon and also if you have another card for forex.

Page 69 of 130 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast