Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 62 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 62 of 130 FirstFirst ... 52 61 62 63 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2590

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been thinking about ditching the RBC Westjet Mastercard and going to the TD Travel Visa or even a cashback card. The fiancee and I rarely travel and if we do, the WJ dollars are only good towards the base fare.
    The WJ card is good for people who travel westjet, because of the companion fare, free luggage etc. As a general rewards card it's not impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The WJ card is good for people who travel westjet, because of the companion fare, free luggage etc. As a general rewards card it's not impressive.
    I'm tempted to drop the WJ card as well. Really, the only reason I still bank with RBC these days. Does TD have any decent cash back cards? I haven't looked in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Agreed. It was helpful a couple times when we went to the States and it was nice to have the flights covered, but I'd like to move to something that has more day-to-day utility.

The companion flight voucher is nice and I'll be able to use it towards our honeymoon in November. When the renewal in May rolls around, I'm cancelling this card haha.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I have not from a credit card but it isn't uncommon for insurance claims for lost/stolen items to require something that decreases the chances of a fraudulent claim. They also often want a copy of the police report that you would have filed. Basically since fraudulent claims like that are so easy to make, they are trying to attach some accountability to it.

What card is it?
    It is tangerine Cashback MC.

So I called them and they basically said a police report would count as the same. The issue is that this camera was stolen/lost between London-Toronto-Edmonton. So makes it more difficult to file a police report. I think I may just try to file a report at EIA and that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    It is tangerine Cashback MC.

So I called them and they basically said a police report would count as the same. The issue is that this camera was stolen/lost between London-Toronto-Edmonton. So makes it more difficult to file a police report. I think I may just try to file a report at EIA and that should work.
    Yeah just get it on record somewhere and you're probably good to go. Basically they just want to set it up such that if you're caught lying, there are greater consequences (such as a charge for falsifying a police report). I've got to wonder how often this is abused though, as there is no way they could ever prove it nor would they dedicate the resources to investigate anything but the largest claims.

The police report is better than a notarized letter anyway because it doesn't cost you anything.

My Ride
    LNF

Yeah just get it on record somewhere and you're probably good to go. Basically they just want to set it up such that if you're caught lying, there are greater consequences (such as a charge for falsifying a police report). I've got to wonder how often this is abused though, as there is no way they could ever prove it nor would they dedicate the resources to investigate anything but the largest claims.

The police report is better than a notarized letter anyway because it doesn't cost you anything.
    Yeah definitely and apparently I am 3$ over the amount that does Not require a police report haha.

Yeah definitely and apparently I am 3$ over the amount that does Not require a police report haha.
    They have to draw the line somewhere I guess. Hope it works out

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

What is that line, so I know for next time lol

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    What is that line, so I know for next time lol
    500$

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

So I see AE has their bonus 25,000 Aeroplan sign-up bonus again...but they seem pretty wishy-washy about the welcome bonus for former card holders, and unless I'm not reading the page correctly, the $150/yr fee is not waived.

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/e...oldRewardsCard

If this is true and it's not the good deal it once was, what's the best way to accumulate more Aeroplan points?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    This and that.

Still using Avion and I do like them for travel, rental and all that stuff. Picked up a second one for my Professional Corporation as well. In the past you were able to transfer your Esso Extra points to Avion as well and while you didn't get credit for 1 for 1 it was still good as I didn't use Esso points for anything else, but now it seems like that has been stopped. Can't transfer the Esso points to Avion anymore it looks like.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

What is a good travel rewards card for personal use?

We currently use RBC Avion which I think is actually quite shit. You accrue at $1 per point but you cant redeem at $1 per point WTF. Also you can only use the points for flight rewards when you book a return flight - it cant be used for one ways. I have 330k of points right now and I was going to use it to pay back with points but then I discovered that my points are only worth like $1800 instead of the $3300 I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    We currently use RBC Avion which I think is actually quite shit. You accrue at $1 per point but you cant redeem at $1 per point WTF.
    So, you want 100% cash back? Let me know if you find one haha.

As for the rest of it, yeah any card that does not give you 100% flexibility on travel or forces you to use their own travel agency is garbage IMO.

I haven't looked into cards much now that the good Capital One is gone (I am grandfathered in thankfully).

This one looks pretty good to use until Feb 2019:

https://apply.mbna.ca/applicationfor...eImumZzMxOdGSQ
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-16-2018 at 02:21 PM.

So is the consensus that the Rogers World Elite is the best cash back card out there right now? I am searching for a new cash back card as MBNA is reducing my current cash back card to 0.5%. Any suggestions for cash back cards that include travel/rental car insurance would be excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by BMDUBS View Post
    So is the consensus that the Rogers World Elite is the best cash back card out there right now? I am searching for a new cash back card as MBNA is reducing my current cash back card to 0.5%. Any suggestions for cash back cards that include travel/rental car insurance would be excellent!
    I would say that the Rogers WE is the best cashback card at the moment. haven't found anything better and it's pretty much my daily driver along with my BMO WE (use the BMO for food, travel, entertainment only since i get 2.1%ish on those categories)

Not that i need another card, but i came across the stack CC on RFD. It's a prepaid card so no hard credit hit (I think they do a soft one tho), but the nice thing is their promo they have on right now which they will pay either Netflix/Spotify/Tidal for a year if you pay using your Stack CC balance. Netflix is covered up to 10.99 a month so essentially a $131.88 sign up bonus over a year. They also have deals like $1 or $2 off purchases at Mcds, Tims, Starbucks from what i was reading.

I signed up a couple days ago so still waiting for card to arrive. I'll probably only end up using it for the year of netflix and the fast food discounts but figured its worth sharing here.

www.getstack.ca

My Ride
    is broken

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    So I see AE has their bonus 25,000 Aeroplan sign-up bonus again...but they seem pretty wishy-washy about the welcome bonus for former card holders, and unless I'm not reading the page correctly, the $150/yr fee is not waived.

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/e...oldRewardsCard

If this is true and it's not the good deal it once was, what's the best way to accumulate more Aeroplan points?
    Nah they stopped giving the Welcome bonus to former card holders. They called me out on it too ROFL. "So mr.Jacky4566. You have already received 3 welcome bonuses in the past. Is that correct?"

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I would say that the Rogers WE is the best cashback card at the moment. haven't found anything better and it's pretty much my daily driver along with my BMO WE (use the BMO for food, travel, entertainment only since i get 2.1%ish on those categories)

Not that i need another card, but i came across the stack CC on RFD. It's a prepaid card so no hard credit hit (I think they do a soft one tho), but the nice thing is their promo they have on right now which they will pay either Netflix/Spotify/Tidal for a year if you pay using your Stack CC balance. Netflix is covered up to 10.99 a month so essentially a $131.88 sign up bonus over a year. They also have deals like $1 or $2 off purchases at Mcds, Tims, Starbucks from what i was reading.

I signed up a couple days ago so still waiting for card to arrive. I'll probably only end up using it for the year of netflix and the fast food discounts but figured its worth sharing here.

www.getstack.ca
    Sweet thanks - signed up as well.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    NC1

Rogers WE is a great card. $29 fee waived if you have a Rogers/Fido account. 1.75% on everything.

Great for traveling as you get 4% back but factoring in 2.5% Forex it's still 1.5%.

Only thing I dislike is the low credit limit.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

So, you want 100% cash back? Let me know if you find one haha.

As for the rest of it, yeah any card that does not give you 100% flexibility on travel or forces you to use their own travel agency is garbage IMO.

I haven't looked into cards much now that the good Capital One is gone (I am grandfathered in thankfully).

This one looks pretty good to use until Feb 2019:

https://apply.mbna.ca/applicationfor...eImumZzMxOdGSQ
    No - ok so $1 per point and I have say 350,000 points currently. I want to redeem for 3500$ worth of shit not 2500 or whatever they are offering me.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    No - ok so $1 per point and I have say 350,000 points currently. I want to redeem for 3500$ worth of shit not 2500 or whatever they are offering me.
    Oh ok, but the way you originally said it, you wanted to accrue at 1pt/$ and redeem at $1/pt which means 100% cash back haha. No doubt that would be awesome

I don't know what your card advertises, but you are describing a 100pt per dollar system which is giving you less than 1% back. That is indeed quite crappy. Even free/zero fee cards give at least 1% back and sometimes more than that.

Not to mention I am pretty sure you need to use RBC's garbage travel agency to book travel unless something has changed.

Page 62 of 130 FirstFirst ... 52 61 62 63 72 ... LastLast