Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 21 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 21 of 130 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Vmack
    I have a small dilemma here.

I applied for two cards and got them both.
    one is the Scotiabank Amex (basic) and the Amex Blue Sky.
    The scotia gives me 2% on gas/groc/entertainment/restaurants and 1% everywhere else while blue sky is 1.25% everywhere.

the scotia card has a $39 annual fee, and blue sky is free.
    I do spend enough at amex merchants to justify the fee, but is it worth it over the blue sky? The Scotia card also comes with travel insurance/extended warranty and everything while the blue sky has no insurance.

The scotia one is already activated so I'll have it for the year atleast til the next fee date. but should i use that or the blue sky? I may activate the blue sky either way since I'll get 10,000 points ($100) for charging 500 to it, which i can just apply to a hotel stay or something.
    Blue Sky is easy to churn so you can use the points, pay it back in full, and cancel. If you miss it, you can get it back.

Scotia seems to give you a better return. I had the Blue Sky and took me a while to get a decent return. At least MBNA gives you cash.

Originally posted by toshi45
    I applied and got approved for the CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card.
    Anyone try out the program for travel rewards?

30,000 to start.

Seems like good insurance coverage on the card.
    What's the redemption rate on it? Isn't it $89 annual?

Originally posted by nj2Type-S
    hey guys,

i haven't been following this thread lately, but what do you guys think of that westjet credit card? i currently have the td first class visa and i love it, but since i always travel with westjet, i'm thinking that this credit card is the way to go.

this card: http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-c...astercard.html

thoughts?
    If you fly WestJet regularly, then you'll get good returns.

Originally posted by max_boost
    TD elite 1% cash back. $99 fee. Includes auto club.

I think it's ok. Used it for a tow and trying to get them to cover $300 pointts bill lol
    $300?! WTF lol. How?

My Ride
    Horse

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

The Aspire is still the best IMO.

35,000 points to start

10,000 points every year on your anniversary

2% travel cash / 1.5% straight cash back - your choice, zero penalty to switch between either at any time. Points never expire.

You book any way you want, via Expedia or whatever, there is no travel booking service you have to use, and it covers all fees/taxes you incur. It simply gets applied against whatever charge is on your card, they don't care if there's taxes in there or not.

Redeeming is the easiest thing ever. You go online, it filters your last 90 days of expenses into eligible travel expenses, and you just pick the ones you want to disappear assuming you have enough points. My dad got the card near the beginning of the year and already got $1,000 of travel costs taken off his last statement.

They also reversed $6,500 of fraud on my card hassle-free. Customer service is excellent.

I could not be happier with this card.

Does this mean you can only redeem points that have been accumulated in the last 90 days?

Originally posted by Vanish3d

Does this mean you can only redeem points that have been accumulated in the last 90 days?
    I am not 100% sure on that, you might be able to go back further if you call them instead of online. I don't know why you would ever need more than 90 days though, usually you would come home from the vacation, and erase any purchase(s) eligible.

Unless I missed something, I still don't see anything else in this thread that is a better card from a rewards standpoint unless:

A) You never travel, use hotels, rent cars, buy flights, or anything along those lines...but even then, 1.5% cash back on everything is hard to beat.
    or
    B) You spend more money in one type of store than all your other total spending combined (pretty rare I would think).

It's a straight up 2% cash back on everything if used to redeem travel related expenses, and 1.5% if you don't want to redeem it on travel.

The only catch is if redeeming below $600 worth, it's a tiered system (e.g. $550 requires $600 of points or whatever the next tier is). Over $600 it's a precise match. In well under a year I erased an $840 purchase with points to spare.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-02-2014 at 12:04 PM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

TD Aeroplan Infinite just got released!

I wonder if it'll make an impact on the First Class product.

http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/product...inite-card.jsp

EDIT: Just checked the benefits. It's the same as CIBC Aerogold but cheaper.

Still don't like it.
    Last edited by flipstah; 01-02-2014 at 02:08 PM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by flipstah

Still don't like it.
    I think i'm hopping on this ship right away if it's included as my annual-fee-free card from my select service acct.
    Currently on the elite gold max_boost posted and I've never used the auto-club nor foresee a use anytime soon.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by jwslam

I think i'm hopping on this ship right away if it's included as my annual-fee-free card from my select service acct.
    Currently on the elite gold max_boost posted and I've never used the auto-club nor foresee a use anytime soon.
    Don't see how it won't be applicable for that.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Still don't like it.
    Please... Beyond is only interested in the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite "Privilege".

$200k minimum annual income.
    $399 annual fee

Originally posted by jwslam

I've been hearing that TD never waives the annual fee for the cobranded cards, so that'll probably never happen.

But the TD FCT Visa Infinite has better benefits than the elite gold if you're looking to switch.
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Strider

Please... Beyond is only interested in the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite "Privilege".

$399 annual fee

That's WAY cheaper than Amex Plat for what you get (roughly the same benefits) but you're stuck flying AC only.

Unless you can use Aeroplan in the Star Alliance fleet?

EDIT: I'd opt for the AMEX AeroplanPlus Plat instead. You get unlimited access to MLL and you get more points to start.

Also, what does this mean,

Four (4) annual Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Passes when travelling on an Aeroplan flight reward operated by Air Canada

I can't use MLL if I didn't use points to buy my flight? LOLWTF.
    Last edited by flipstah; 01-02-2014 at 05:47 PM.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I was just comparing the TD Aeroplan card vs my TD First Class Travel card today because I was pretty excited when I heard about it. But after looking closer at the two, it doesn't really seem worth it to switch. The only benefit I can see is that with the Aeroplan card you can use points up front whereas the First Class Travel you redeem them after you purchase. I've yet to find a significantly cheaper flight outside of their TD Expedia rewards website and the 9x points when you book through them helps too.

I think out of the TD cards (sans baller status cards), the First Class Travel card is still the best one they offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

$399 annual fee

Just out of curiosity how does this better than the visa infinite first class?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Is that personal income or family income? 200k family income isn't that baller in this town.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Household.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    BMW

I was excited to see the new aeroplan visa infinite card, but knowing the 399 cannot be waived, that's a big turn off. I think the travel points you get from the regular infinite card is way more flexible (you can book trips, car rental, hotels) and redeem with points, eventhough if you didn't book it through expedia. The only nice things about the new aeroplan card is that you get first luggage check in free, the 50% off companion business class ticket, and the "status" for some ppl. Simply not worth it with the 399 imo....

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Originally posted by JLau
    I was excited to see the new aeroplan visa infinite card, but knowing the 399 cannot be waived, that's a big turn off. I think the travel points you get from the regular infinite card is way more flexible (you can book trips, car rental, hotels) and redeem with points, eventhough if you didn't book it through expedia. The only nice things about the new aeroplan card is that you get first luggage check in free, the 50% off companion business class ticket, and the "status" for some ppl. Simply not worth it with the 399 imo....
    Well if you do even a little business/regular travel each year, then the 399 cost is worth it...simply for the free 1st checked bag on AC flights.

Unlike the $120 TD Aeroplan card, it's free checked 1st bag and priority boarding on all your AC flights (not just on Aeroplan reward flights).

*Unless I'm misreading somewhere in the fine print, and it's only also on Aeroplan-reward flights only. Then not so much the case.

Traveling to/from US is $25 1st bag each way ($50 RT) on AC...so after 8 flights the $399 would essentially be "paid off" (ie. $400 in bag fees saved/waived).

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Anyone have a US funds card, looking at getting one.

My Ride
    BMW

Originally posted by Kjonus
    Anyone have a US funds card, looking at getting one.
    I have the TD one, no fees, not bad

My Ride
    BMW

Originally posted by toyboy88

Well if you do even a little business/regular travel each year, then the 399 cost is worth it...simply for the free 1st checked bag on AC flights.

Unlike the $120 TD Aeroplan card, it's free checked 1st bag and priority boarding on all your AC flights (not just on Aeroplan reward flights).

*Unless I'm misreading somewhere in the fine print, and it's only also on Aeroplan-reward flights only. Then not so much the case.

Traveling to/from US is $25 1st bag each way ($50 RT) on AC...so after 8 flights the $399 would essentially be "paid off" (ie. $400 in bag fees saved/waived).

problem is when I fly I don't usually take aircanada, pts on the infinite is way more flexible, international and within Canada flights no charge on first baggage anyway

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by JLau
    Pretty much my take on it as well.
    You missed the Infinite Privilege perks though:

• Global Airport Lounge Access - 6 free visits to over 500 lounges through Airport Angel
    • Dedicated VIP security fast track lane - YUL and YVR
    • Airport parking & valet discounts
    • Fairmont President's Club Elevated Status
    • Hailo – A taxi on your terms (credits)
    • Airport Limousine Services (discounts)

https://visainfinite.ca/privilege/infiniteprivilege.jsp

Overall it seems fairly competitive with the Amex Aeroplan Platinum ($499 annual)

But I prefer my TD FCT Visa Infinite... the only thing that irks me about the TD FCT card is that I book most of my hotels through Hotwire/Priceline, so I don't get 3x points on those.
    Last edited by Strider; 01-29-2014 at 10:19 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Pretty much my take on it as well.
    You missed the Infinite Privilege perks though:

• Global Airport Lounge Access - 6 free visits to over 500 lounges through Airport Angel
    • Dedicated VIP security fast track lane - YUL and YVR
    • Airport parking & valet discounts
    • Fairmont President's Club Elevated Status
    • Hailo – A taxi on your terms (credits)
    • Airport Limousine Services (discounts)

https://visainfinite.ca/privilege/infiniteprivilege.jsp

Overall it seems fairly competitive with the Amex Aeroplan Platinum ($499 annual)

But I prefer my TD FCT Visa Infinite... the only thing that irks me about the TD FCT card is that I book most of my hotels through Hotwire/Priceline, so I don't get 3x points on those.
    Platinum is $699 now lol. Same perks I get for cheap!

My Ride
    Hybrid

Platinum is $699 now lol. Same perks I get for cheap!
    AeroplanPlus Platinum $499

I'd imagine the Amex Platinum (proper) is much better than the Aeroplan Platinum and the Visa Infinite Privilege?

Page 21 of 130 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast