Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 61 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 61 of 130 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2590

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any have the Rogers MC and switched to their World Elite MC?

Min 80K income or 150K combined household
    No annual fee
    4% back on foreign currency
    2% back on rogers
    1.75% back on others

https://imgur.com/a/nKeph
    I don't have the Roger's Mastercard so I'm going to have to wait a couple months before I can apply for it, but that's the plan for now.

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Appled Feb 27. Received approval email today. Zero communication between the two events.
    I applied for my Home Trust card in January and just got it last week. Not being able to change the pin is a huge pain but it seems as though their stupid website is incompatible with MINT...so I am locked out of the online portal too

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    ^sweet, that's good to know as they are dropping the cash back on the current Rogers card from 1.75% to 1.25%. I'd make that switch for sure as long as the cash back can be used for anything.
    Cashback has some conditions same as the current Platinum... it's cashback any time against Rogers products (bills, phones, accessories, blue jays tickets, etc), but if you want true cash back you can do it once per year if you call them in the fall and they apply a statement credit on your January bill.

So if you have a monthly Rogers bill it's essentially a monthly cashback like most other cashback cards, but if not then it's once per year cashback.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

^Ah OK, that'll work, it's a pain in the ass that it's only once a year but it lines up well with Christmas bills. How did you guys get notified about the option to switch? I haven't seen an email yet, nor anything when I log in to check my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    ^Ah OK, that'll work, it's a pain in the ass that it's only once a year but it lines up well with Christmas bills. How did you guys get notified about the option to switch? I haven't seen an email yet, nor anything when I log in to check my account.
    I got the email about a month ago, clicked the link, and said it was successful.

I was reading on the RFD thread that people have been able to call in to the customer service line and get upgraded. Try that if you haven't seen the email (and checked yoru junk mail folder)

My Ride
    BMW

Amex platinum, Westjet elite, TD infinite are the ones i have, love them all for different reasons.

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by JLau View Post
    Amex platinum, Westjet elite, TD infinite are the ones i have, love them all for different reasons.
    But I think all of your cards have 1 common reason, they all owned by a baller.

My Ride
    BMW

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    you are the big baller

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Appled Feb 27. Received approval email today. Zero communication between the two events.
    Wait time was brutal for me too but I have it now and it works as expected.

Can’t change the pin but it takes 5 seconds to commit another pin to memory and you’re good to go.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post

#fact

My Ride
    Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by JLau View Post
    Almost $1,000 in annual fees, awesome.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Quote Originally Posted by w_man View Post
    if you are looking to fly ... RBC Avion is the best!!! i dont believe in the aeroplan or anything to do with Air Canada at that ... but with Avion you get the basic $1 a point plus I get gas from Esso so every 2 Esso extra points equal to 1 Avion point ... I am able to get ATLEAST 1 free flight to anywhere in North America per year (if not two).

The fact that there are absolutely no blackout dates, its pretty freakin good. If you can find the flight on Expedia (or any other website), call them up and they'll book the flight right away.

That's my card too. I put my divorce on that thing so I had multiple free flights for 4 years! I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that!?
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    BMW

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Almost $1,000 in annual fees, awesome.
    TD card waived
    Westjet $120, but companion ticket, waived baggage alone already pays for itself
    Amex $700, $200 annual travel credit, and other perks i would normally have paid for, doesn't work out to be that bad

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    I don't have the Roger's Mastercard so I'm going to have to wait a couple months before I can apply for it, but that's the plan for now.
    I didn't realize this until earlier this week, but Roger's opened up for new applicants for this card and I got the email this morning that I was approved. I still think nothing tops the Amazon card, but this will have to do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    I didn't realize this until earlier this week, but Roger's opened up for new applicants for this card and I got the email this morning that I was approved. I still think nothing tops the Amazon card, but this will have to do for now.
    Why do you prefer the Amazon Visa over the Rogers WE MC? I actually prefer the Rogers WE as you net an additional 1.5% back on forex purchases (as opposed to 0% on the Amazon Visa) and the WE benefits. Of course I have been a Rogers customer for almost 20 years so I don't really mind the cash back on Rogers bills.

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    Why do you prefer the Amazon Visa over the Rogers WE MC? I actually prefer the Rogers WE as you net an additional 1.5% back on forex purchases (as opposed to 0% on the Amazon Visa) and the WE benefits. Of course I have been a Rogers customer for almost 20 years so I don't really mind the cash back on Rogers bills.
    I think you answered your own question - there are limitations on the redemption as it isn't straight cash. I think you can apply for straight cash, but then I believe you get it once per year and that is annoying (that's how it used to work, anyway). Basically they make it a hassle for you unless you pump the money right back into Rogers. Maybe their new cards are better but I haven't looked into them.

Also the Amazon card wasn't 0%, it was still 1% cash back on all purchases including foreign purchases on top of the zero FX fee, or 2% for any transactions done through Amazon (foreign or otherwise) on top of the zero FX fee. If I recall, the only difference between the two cards for normal purchases was 0.5% and only if you wanted to spend that money on your Rogers/Fido bills.

The Home Trust card is the same as the Amazon card pretty much, but wait times are brutal because of the huge backlog created when Chase pulled out of Canada.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-18-2018 at 01:36 PM.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I was going to get the Rogers WE MC but it's just a pain in the ass to have another credit card, so I'm just going to eat those FE fees to keep things simple. I figure I'll spend $5-7000CAD in Europe, and that works out to be $125-175 in fees. It's not that bad in the whole scheme of things.

My Ride
    LNF

Has anyone ever dealt with Theft insurance on a Credit Card?

I had a camera lost/stolen (within the 90 days after purchased) while in europe so I submitted my claim and now they just sent me a letter that they want a notarized letter stating that the camera was lost/stolen. Has anyone else encountered this while dealing with a credit card?

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    Has anyone ever dealt with Theft insurance on a Credit Card?

I had a camera lost/stolen (within the 90 days after purchased) while in europe so I submitted my claim and now they just sent me a letter that they want a notarized letter stating that the camera was lost/stolen. Has anyone else encountered this while dealing with a credit card?
    I have not from a credit card but it isn't uncommon for insurance claims for lost/stolen items to require something that decreases the chances of a fraudulent claim. They also often want a copy of the police report that you would have filed. Basically since fraudulent claims like that are so easy to make, they are trying to attach some accountability to it.

What card is it?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I've been thinking about ditching the RBC Westjet Mastercard and going to the TD Travel Visa or even a cashback card. The fiancee and I rarely travel and if we do, the WJ dollars are only good towards the base fare.

Page 61 of 130 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast