Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 64 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 64 of 130 FirstFirst ... 54 63 64 65 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2592

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    '15 Golf GTI, '10 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by 403ep3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just got the voucher today, actually. On the booking page you just click on "companion voucher" and then you attach it later on. You pay 99-299, based on where you are booking, and you pay the taxes. Pretty easy process actually.

I haven't booked yet because I have to check in my dog.
    Just to add (and this may seem obvious) but if any part of your WJ booking is operated by another carrier, you can't use your companion voucher for the booking but you can use your WJ dollars. I found this out when I tried to use it to go to Mexico City booking through WJ, but operated by Aeromexico. In the end, AM cancelled their flight and it was WJ metal anyways

i just signed up for the Stack card, curious to see what it's all about.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hey, a question about those companion vouchers. So they have an expiry date, does that mean you have to book before that date or travel before that date?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '15 Golf GTI, '10 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Hey, a question about those companion vouchers. So they have an expiry date, does that mean you have to book before that date or travel before that date?
    Book. Example is that mine expires/renews every July and we booked our vacation for this Christmas back in May using our companion voucher, and then it renewed in July.

My Ride
    TDi

So I had to book through the phone and used my companion voucher.. I log into my account and it still shows. Does it disappear after I travel or is this a glitch? I'm tempted to try booking on it again lol
    GO FLAMES GO!

Just got an email from Rogers MC... looks like they are going to start allowing cashback against ANY purchase, not just Rogers products like before. Not sure when it starts, but definitely good news. Will be in increments of $20 just like the amazon card was.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Just got an email from Rogers MC... looks like they are going to start allowing cashback against ANY purchase, not just Rogers products like before. Not sure when it starts, but definitely good news. Will be in increments of $20 just like the amazon card was.
    Are they still at 2% with 4% on foreign currency? If so that's pretty good.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

No Annual Fee
    2.5% FOREIGN CURRENCY CONVERSION
    4% unlimited cash back rewards on all eligible purchases made in a foreign currency*1

1. Applicable if account in good standing. Non-eligible purchases include: cash advances, balance transfers, fees, interest, returns or payments. Cash back rewards earned based on purchase price only (excluding any associated transaction fees). Transactions billed in Canadian currency. Foreign currency transactions are converted to Canadian dollars at the Mastercard International rate on the date the transaction is posted. The rate applied to debits will be different than the rate applied to credits (rates established by Mastercard International and subject to change from time to time).

----

This seems like a very good replacement for the Chase Amazon Visa. Normally I like travelling with a Visa and MC but oh well.
    Last edited by msommers; 11-28-2018 at 10:36 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Finally. My pre-authorized Fido payments don’t qualify for redemption for some stupid reason.
    I haven’t seen this email yet, do you have the World Elite version?

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This seems like a very good replacement for the Chase Amazon Visa. Normally I like travelling with a Visa and MC but oh well.
    I've been happy with the Home Trust Visa - only complaint is it has no tap, which literally everywhere in the UK uses, and was annoying on my last trip taking 10 times longer to pay than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Are they still at 2% with 4% on foreign currency? If so that's pretty good.
    4% foreign (but 2.5% fee so really it's net 1.5%)
    2% CB on Rogers products
    1.75% everything else

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    Finally. My pre-authorized Fido payments don’t qualify for redemption for some stupid reason.
    I haven’t seen this email yet, do you have the World Elite version?
    yup, i have the WE. pretty sure it applies to all 3 of their cards though.

i got the email yesterday. it's also showing on their home page now too:
    https://rogersbank.com/en/rogers_wor...ercard_details

You asked, we listened! We're making some exciting changes to our rewards program
    Starting soon, you’ll be able to redeem your cash back rewards on any purchase1 you make on your Rogers Bank™ Mastercard®, anywhere Mastercard® is accepted at 44 million locations worldwide.

Get ready to turn your purchases into free purchases using your cash back rewards, including:

Rogers™ products and services
    Gas, groceries, restaurants and other everyday purchases
    Flights, gifts, home improvements and other big ticket purchases – the choice is yours!
    The redemption process stays the same – once you’ve earned a minimum of $20 in cash back rewards, you can start redeeming towards any eligible purchase.

Until then, keep using your Rogers Bank Mastercard on everyday purchases to maximize your cash back rewards balance!

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I'm not convinced that's completely the case. There will still be ineligible purchases. Check out the middle of this page - https://rogersbank.com/en/how_to_red...h_back_rewards

One of the examples says "Purchases in red are ineligible for redemption". Hopefully they add some info as to what is ineligible. Also, I believe it starts in Feb 2019. It's a step in the right direction but don't forget you can ask for all of your cash back once a year, and now is the time to do it! I just requested mine last week. As long as you call them before Dec 1st you'll get the amount credited to your account in mid January (choose option 8 when you call).

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    I'm not convinced that's completely the case. There will still be ineligible purchases. Check out the middle of this page - https://rogersbank.com/en/how_to_red...h_back_rewards

One of the examples says "Purchases in red are ineligible for redemption". Hopefully they add some info as to what is ineligible. Also, I believe it starts in Feb 2019. It's a step in the right direction but don't forget you can ask for all of your cash back once a year, and now is the time to do it! I just requested mine last week. As long as you call them before Dec 1st you'll get the amount credited to your account in mid January (choose option 8 when you call).
    there will always be some inelegible transactions... probably cash withdrawals, fees, interest, etc

but when i read this message here, to me it says pretty much any product/service purchases with the card will be eligible:

Get ready to turn your purchases into free purchases using your cash back rewards, including:

Rogers™ products and services
    Gas, groceries, restaurants and other everyday purchases
    Flights, gifts, home improvements and other big ticket purchases – the choice is yours!

My Ride
    M3P

Got that email too - excited by this!

I requested my statement credit of $700 to be applied last week. I was hoping it would be by next statement so that i would have 0 balance but i guess I can just pay it off for now and wait until it comes through

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

there will always be some inelegible transactions... probably cash withdrawals, fees, interest, etc
    Ah, never thought of those, well this will be pretty sweet then!

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I went with an AMEX Cobalt a few months back.. starting to get annoyed that it isnt accepted everywhere. I kinda knew that going in, but figured I wouldnt notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    I went with an AMEX Cobalt a few months back.. starting to get annoyed that it isnt accepted everywhere. I kinda knew that going in, but figured I wouldnt notice it.
    The few people I used to know who were for whatever reason drawn to AMEX have all since gotten rid of them. There are so many places that don't accept them both here and abroad. If you like a particular benefit and use it as a supplementary card it's fine, but it's extremely annoying if it's your only or primary card.

My Ride
    M3P

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The few people I used to know who were for whatever reason drawn to AMEX have all since gotten rid of them. There are so many places that don't accept them both here and abroad. If you like a particular benefit and use it as a supplementary card it's fine, but it's extremely annoying if it's your only or primary card.
    I churn them for the points ��

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    I churn them for the points ��
    i thought they no longer allowed churning

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yeah AMEX figured out what was happening. They now no longer waive the first year and it's up their discretion if they even give you bonus points (though I can't speak to how hard or easy that is).

Not waiving the fee no longer makes it worthwhile, imo.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    I am on month number 2 of having the Starwood AMEX and man is it ever annoying that 1/3 of the time AMEX is not accepted. However the hotel points and the free night really make up for the annual fee and lack of card acceptance.

Page 64 of 130 FirstFirst ... 54 63 64 65 74 ... LastLast