Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 63 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 63 of 130 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2592

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    FB6

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No - ok so $1 per point and I have say 350,000 points currently. I want to redeem for 3500$ worth of shit not 2500 or whatever they are offering me.
    https://www.ratehub.ca/credit-cards/...rd-point-value

When you opt for a travel rewards card that doesn't give a strict dollar value, your reward percentage is highly dependent on which type of travel you choose. If you redeem for routes that are frequently discounted you get much less bang for your points.

If you don't like playing that game, go for a strict cash back card that gives you a flat percentage like the Rogers WE that gives 1.75%.

You are also trying to pay off a dollar balance with travel rewards, which is arguably the worst use of points. The next worst is redeeming travel points for merchandise.

Travel points are best used for travel, if you don't want to use it for travel, don't use a travel rewards card.
    Last edited by realazy; 09-05-2018 at 02:49 PM. Reason: added more

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Rogers WE is a great card. $29 fee waived if you have a Rogers/Fido account. 1.75% on everything.

Great for traveling as you get 4% back but factoring in 2.5% Forex it's still 1.5%.

Only thing I dislike is the low credit limit.
    Don't have any complaints about low limit from my side. Can't you ask them to increase it?

My limit was 10k when i first got the card, but they recently upped it 12.5k without me asking... they simply sent an email saying i qualified and clicked the link to accept it. I did have the old Rogers platinum before i converted to the WE so maybe it's cuz i have longer history with them?

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Rogers WE is a great card. $29 fee waived if you have a Rogers/Fido account. 1.75% on everything.

Great for traveling as you get 4% back but factoring in 2.5% Forex it's still 1.5%.

Only thing I dislike is the low credit limit.
    there's no annual fee at all is there? what is the $29 fee you are talking about?

Didn’t want to make a new post but I’m thinking of getting a second card. Must be a MasterCard.

I’m considering the following:
    -tangerine moneyback MC
    -BMO cashback MC
    -Rogers platinum MC

I’m a Rogers customer so I’m thinking the Rogers card is the one to go with, also gets money back at Costco which is a plus some cards don’t seem to have and appears to have on average the best cashback.

My expenditures almost all happen at one of the following:
    Sobeys, restaurants, Canadian tire, auto stores, Costco, amazon and no particular gas stations

I don’t really travel and don’t ever use miles (my aeroplan visa has enough points to fly two people to Maui round trip first class), so obviously I have no interest in flight rewards.

To me from what I’ve seen the Rogers platinum sounds like the right one, are there any MasterCards I’m missing??
    Last edited by J-hop; 11-08-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Didn’t want to make a new post but I’m thinking of getting a second card. Must be a MasterCard.

I’m considering the following:
    -tangerine moneyback MC
    -BMO cashback MC
    -Rogers platinum MC

I’m a Rogers customer so I’m thinking the Rogers card is the one to go with, also gets money back at Costco which is a plus some cards don’t seem to have and appears to have on average the best cashback.

My expenditures almost all happen at one of the following:
    Sobeys, restaurants, Canadian tire, auto stores, Costco, amazon and no particular gas stations

I don’t really travel and don’t ever use miles (my aeroplan visa has enough points to fly two people to Maui round trip first class), so obviously I have no interest in flight rewards.

To me from what I’ve seen the Rogers platinum sounds like the right one, are there any MasterCards I’m missing??
    Rogers WE is better than the Platinum (1.75% Cashback vs 1.5%, World Elite perks like insurance), but a bit tougher to qualify for. If you can't qualify for WE then the Platinum is a good runner up. Since you're a Rogers customer, i'd say they are hands down the best for your situation. Free companion cards for spouses if that interests you as well.

For us it works really good as we put almost everything on it. We earn anywhere from $40-60/month, and it gets applied monthly at the same time my Rogers bill auto-payment happens. If you don't want to do it monthly like this with your Rogers bill, you can save them up and ask for a yearly statement credit. I believe the window is from Nov 1-Dec 31 to ask, and it gets applied on your Jan statement.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Rogers WE is better than the Platinum (1.75% Cashback vs 1.5%, World Elite perks like insurance), but a bit tougher to qualify for. If you can't qualify for WE then the Platinum is a good runner up. Since you're a Rogers customer, i'd say they are hands down the best for your situation. Free companion cards for spouses if that interests you as well.

For us it works really good as we put almost everything on it. We earn anywhere from $40-60/month, and it gets applied monthly at the same time my Rogers bill auto-payment happens. If you don't want to do it monthly like this with your Rogers bill, you can save them up and ask for a yearly statement credit. I believe the window is from Nov 1-Dec 31 to ask, and it gets applied on your Jan statement.
    Yea I was looking at WE but my only question was what happens if I lose my job? Do they cancel? Or you start paying some high fee?

My Ride
    NC1

For a no fee card, I guess they waived the $29 fee on the WE Rogers, it's fantastic.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Yea I was looking at WE but my only question was what happens if I lose my job? Do they cancel? Or you start paying some high fee?
    They haven't even asked for any proof of my income yet and I've had it since they started issuing them. Not sure how or if they are going to even check.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    They haven't even asked for any proof of my income yet and I've had it since they started issuing them. Not sure how or if they are going to even check.
    Good to know!

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

Well first year with the rogers card and have just over 1k in rewards. Is calling in before Dec1 still the only way to redeem them for statement credit? I miss the auto redemption of the amazon/chase card.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjoker77 View Post
    Well first year with the rogers card and have just over 1k in rewards. Is calling in before Dec1 still the only way to redeem them for statement credit? I miss the auto redemption of the amazon/chase card.
    i believe i read on RFD that you can submit a ticket online if that works better for you.

You're probably already aware, but if you have a monthly rogers/fido bill you can turn on auto redemption against those payments.

My Ride
    TDi

Anyone keep track of how long it took for them to get the WJ companion pass? Signed up about a month ago and wanted to use the companion pass for Christmas/NYE travel.
    GO FLAMES GO!

Mine took about 4 weeks

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Is it a coupon code that you use during the purchase process? I'm thinking about applying for this to use for a trip to Europe next year but with no indication of when exactly you get the pass...
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Is it a coupon code that you use during the purchase process? I'm thinking about applying for this to use for a trip to Europe next year but with no indication of when exactly you get the pass...
    When you login to your Westjet account under the Westjet Rewards -> Vouchers section it shows a Voucher number and a click now button. I'm assuming if you book via that button it activates. Not really sure as I haven't used it yet.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Did you receive an email or some notification when you got the voucher available through your WJ account?
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Did you receive an email or some notification when you got the voucher available through your WJ account?
    I did not. Just logged in and noticed it was there.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Cheers!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    TDi

I just got the voucher today, actually. On the booking page you just click on "companion voucher" and then you attach it later on. You pay 99-299, based on where you are booking, and you pay the taxes. Pretty easy process actually.

I haven't booked yet because I have to check in my dog.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

So just an update, while not a free card, got about $1200 in cashback from the Scotia Platinum Visa card everyone was talking about last year or the year before. Thinking of dumping my MBNA smart cash for the westjet card. Need a Mastercard for Costco.
    Cos...

Page 63 of 130 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast