Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 66 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 66 of 134 FirstFirst ... 56 65 66 67 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2670

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The wj card perks are totally worth it if you fly places they go. Companion fare, free bags etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pizza preferences are more polarizing than politics.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The wj card perks are totally worth it if you fly places they go. Companion fare, free bags etc.
    Yeah, I think I'm going to get one of those too when my current card is up for annual renewal. I prefer Air Canada, but they don't fly direct to my most visited destination.

I wish I could cancel my current one now, but I wouldn't get any refund, so I might as well keep collecting Aeroplan points until then.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 02-24-2019 at 01:42 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Honestly the free bags would pay for itself. Spent 120 bucks on bags with westjet last weekend...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Honestly the free bags would pay for itself. Spent 120 bucks on bags with westjet last weekend...
    Well, it's only one bag free for the primary cardholder. So not unlimited free bags for everyone.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Well, it's only one bag free for the primary cardholder. So not unlimited free bags for everyone.
    Your first checked bag is free

For the primary cardholder on WestJet flights and up to 8 guests

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yup 30 bucks each per way add up quick. Plus in laws live in Nova Scotia, HUGE benefit in that free ticket.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Huh, I guess I didn't read down far enough. Neato.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Yup 30 bucks each per way add up quick. Plus in laws live in Nova Scotia, HUGE benefit in that free ticket.
    One of the unexpected benefits of the companion voucher is if you need to travel last minute or prime time or can't wait for a seat sale or something. Having one of your seats be $99 really lowers the average cost.

What's a good cashback card these days? I have the MBNA rewards world elite, but received a letter a while back that the rewards are lower and you need to spend more to get them now.

Wife has the westjet one, I don't think we need two of those?

My personal and business are both MBNA cards as well, probably time to look at others...

https://creditcardgenius.ca/blog/mbna-rewards-changes/

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by nagooro View Post
    It's often worthwhile having two of the same card if you want to accrue the most points in that reward ecosystem.

My Ride

If you have two or more kids it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by nagooro View Post
    What's a good cashback card these days? I have the MBNA rewards world elite, but received a letter a while back that the rewards are lower and you need to spend more to get them now.

My personal and business are both MBNA cards as well, probably time to look at others...

https://creditcardgenius.ca/blog/mbna-rewards-changes/

Rogers World Elite is probably the best cashback card these days.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

^^I have that one for FX transactions BUT...right now at this moment, the cashback rewards are only good for Roger's products/bills, otherwise you have to call in and ask for an annual cheque to be issued.

However, in the next couple months, they are changing their cashback policy to apply to any transaction, it's just not official and not currently possible. I'm not sure if you'll be able to do this online or if you'll need their stupid app.

When I signed up for the card, I was definitely under the assumption that you could use the cashback right away, but after speaking with two different reps this isn't so...yet.

Compared to my Cap1 card, theirs seems overly convoluted and restricted but we'll see what transpires in the next couple months.

We also signed up for the WJ card since we're going to Europe this summer. Ended up being ~$750/each total round-trip and direct flights to Paris, including the annual card fee, upgraded and selected seats and our check-bags covered. The $250 welcome bonus definitely helped but we seemed to accumulate WJ bucks fairly fast since we were using it almost exclusively prior to booking our flights.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    ^^I have that one for FX transactions BUT...right now at this moment, the cashback rewards are only good for Roger's products/bills, otherwise you have to call in and ask for an annual cheque to be issued.

However, in the next couple months, they are changing their cashback policy to apply to any transaction, it's just not official and not currently possible. I'm not sure if you'll be able to do this online or if you'll need their stupid app.

When I signed up for the card, I was definitely under the assumption that you could use the cashback right away, but after speaking with two different reps this isn't so...yet.

Compared to my Cap1 card, theirs seems overly convoluted and restricted but we'll see what transpires in the next couple months.

We also signed up for the WJ card since we're going to Europe this summer. Ended up being ~$750/each total round-trip and direct flights to Paris, including the annual card fee, upgraded and selected seats and our check-bags covered. The $250 welcome bonus definitely helped but we seemed to accumulate WJ bucks fairly fast since we were using it almost exclusively prior to booking our flights.
    ^ that's a pretty good price to fly to Europe, didn't know WJ has direct flight to Paris now.
    Been looking on getting the RBC WJ Mastercard and seriously considering it for next year. 300$ flight to Hawaii for the little one is better than paying 600$+

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Rogers World Elite is probably the best cashback card these days.
    That's what I use too, calling in for the cashback is inconvenient but the timing is nice to put a good dent in Christmas bills.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Holy shit. Why on earth would you do that to yourself??! Are you flying somewhere to have you nuts rubbed in A5-35 and connected to 110V? Lemme dig up that joke about "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT!!!!?" about Air Can.
    Oh well... To each their own.
    I don't care for that airline.
    Everyone has a bad experience or two that sours their opinion of a particular airline but I fly almost exclusively Air Canada (mostly long haul and Vancouver/Victoria) and have had nothing but good experiences to date. United, Alaskan, Sunwing, and Transat have all screwed me to various degrees but I have flown Air Canada dozens of times and they typically leave on time and arrive early. I always seem to find the best prices on direct flights with them, too. I also love their 787 Dreamliner I have taken it 3 times so far to London and Japan. If you've got the money they offer business class pods too. Their Rouge planes are garbage, but I have only been on a few.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

For any strong card info hit up the Credit Card subforum on redflagdeals. The guys on there are pretty hardcore about their cards, churning, options, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    That's what I use too, calling in for the cashback is inconvenient but the timing is nice to put a good dent in Christmas bills.
    Yeah the redemption kind of sucked for non Rogers/Fido customers, but like msommers mentioned they are changing it to make it a lot easier. Tried finding a date but on the website all it says is "soon"
    https://rogersbank.com/en#comingsoon

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Everyone has a bad experience or two that sours their opinion of a particular airline but I fly almost exclusively Air Canada (mostly long haul and Vancouver/Victoria) and have had nothing but good experiences to date. United, Alaskan, Sunwing, and Transat have all screwed me to various degrees but I have flown Air Canada dozens of times and they typically leave on time and arrive early. I always seem to find the best prices on direct flights with them, too. I also love their 787 Dreamliner I have taken it 3 times so far to London and Japan. If you've got the money they offer business class pods too. Their Rouge planes are garbage, but I have only been on a few.
    I agree and you're not alone. In my case, it had been bad enough with Air Can that I literally will not fly with them unless they are half the price of WestJet (which doesn't happen).

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Yeah the redemption kind of sucked for non Rogers/Fido customers, but like msommers mentioned they are changing it to make it a lot easier. Tried finding a date but on the website all it says is "soon"
    https://rogersbank.com/en#comingsoon
    Just got the email, it starts today! Seems that you can only use the app to redeem cash back for purchases made within the past 90 days.

Hmm, the app has terrible reviews and looks like it hasn't been updated yet to let you use the cash back for any purchases yet other than the few things that would have qualified before (i.e. Rogers bill).
    Last edited by Swank; 02-26-2019 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Got more info

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    Just got the email, it starts today! Seems that you can only use the app to redeem cash back for purchases made within the past 90 days.

Hmm, the app has terrible reviews and looks like it hasn't been updated yet to let you use the cash back for any purchases yet other than the few things that would have qualified before (i.e. Rogers bill).
    yep looks like it started today. the app isn't too bad, really not sure why people are complaining.

i don't think they will allow you to redeem against old purchases before feb 26. i have a purchase from today that shows the redeem button, but on anything older than today it doesn't show up.

in the app you can turn on auto redeem so after you do that, i don't think there will be any reason to go back into it after you set it up.

Page 66 of 134 FirstFirst ... 56 65 66 67 76 ... LastLast