Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 42 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 42 of 132 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

Originally posted by Thaco

Its been mentioned several times, i went back 10 pages and got bored.....

TIL I've posted a lot about the Amazon CC Anyone who travels outside Canada should have one though.

Just an update for Capital One - they no longer have the claim 'brackets' anymore. You can claim the points penny per point now! Even a $10 westjet food transaction can be claimed! Great card for all around 2% return on spending.

Originally posted by DJ_NAV
    Just an update for Capital One - they no longer have the claim 'brackets' anymore. You can claim the points penny per point now! Even a $10 westjet food transaction can be claimed! Great card for all around 2% return on spending.
    That happened 5-6 months ago, but you're right it's a great card and there is still no card that beats it as far as I know for normal spending habits.

My Ride
    Honda Accord

Originally posted by DJ_NAV
    You also don't have to cover the entire purchase with your accumulated points any more, ie) if you have $10 in reward you can use that to lower the cost of a $1000 flight by $10.
    Go Flames!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Is Air Miles still worth getting? Was thinking of changing up my SPG card to this:

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/e...e-credit-card/

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by flipstah
    Is Air Miles still worth getting? Was thinking of changing up my SPG card to this:

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/e...e-credit-card/
    Air Miles has become so diluted, it's garbage unless you comb through flyers religiously and hoard overpriced toilet paper or whatever crap Safeway is pushing every week.

For the card you linked - earn 1 mile for every $10 or $15 spent.
    Or, go to Safeway and buy 5 Smuckers products to get 60 miles, but wtf are you gonna do with all that jam? lol
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

Worst part of Airmiles is now there is expiry on the points.

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Help?N=4294967267

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Switched over the WestJet MasterCard several weeks ago as I'm always taking vacations/flights through WestJet. Already have $500 in WJ dollars and have saved $50 off checked bags last Vegas trip. Companion flight for $99 at some point this summer will easily surpass the annual costs of this card.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Got an email this morning about a referral bonus for Capital One World Trave Elite and Travel Platinum cards. Basically we each get a bonus $50/5000 points if someone signs up! My referral ID is: CST82JRT6L
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    NC1

What's the hit on your bureau when you apply for a credit card?

I'm wanting to get the Aspire card but debating if I should cancel one of my other ones first or have the credit limit reduced on those (if it makes a difference). There's no need to have 4-5 credit cards.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Should be minimal especially if you're not looking to get a mortgage any time soon. I've heard canceling and/or opening accounts on the same day will reduce the impact.

Your credit rating will actually go down if you reduce the credit limit because you'll be borrowing at a higher rate of your max limit.

My Ride
    NC1

When you cancel a card how long does it normally take to reflect on the bureau? From your post it sounds like they can see it right away?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

For someone with a decent history on their credit report, opening or closing a single card has a very minimal impact.
    If you were 19 years old, it would be a much bigger deal.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Hey guys, i know a few of you have these cards so i thought i would ask about it and find out if some cardholders can shed some light better than the vague cardholder website. Unfortunately the benefits I am interested in aren't offered by my bank but by Visa itself ( so a phone call isn't likely to help me much).

Can anyone elaborate on their experience with Visa Infinite Privilege benefits?

Particularly I am interested in the global lounge access ( through priority pass now rather than AiportAngel which from what I understand is a plus ), for 6 free visits a year I believe? Particularly does the access extend to your secondary cardholders?

My second question is on the VIP fastrack lane at "select Canadian airports" that i can't seem to find any reference to aside from that statement. Particularly which airports it can be used at ( Calgary? ).

Received an invitation to upgrade my standard Avion to infinite privilege with 25,000 bonus rewards points ( worth about 700 bucks of travel which covers the card fee for a couple years). But i want to know if the extra benefits are worthwhile otherwise there isn't much point in the upgrade which i would probably downgrade again after a year as my spending doesn't justify the upgrade when i price it out.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Exploded.

That airport line is only useful at Pearson, until YYC finishes their renovations.

Priority Pass is awesome. You have access to United lounges, and Plaza Premium. Secondary is either complimentary to two guests or $27usd per head. Depends on the card.

My Ride
    2014 Lexus IS250

Originally posted by killramos
    Hey guys, i know a few of you have these cards so i thought i would ask about it and find out if some cardholders can shed some light better than the vague cardholder website. Unfortunately the benefits I am interested in aren't offered by my bank but by Visa itself ( so a phone call isn't likely to help me much).

Can anyone elaborate on their experience with Visa Infinite Privilege benefits?

Particularly I am interested in the global lounge access ( through priority pass now rather than AiportAngel which from what I understand is a plus ), for 6 free visits a year I believe? Particularly does the access extend to your secondary cardholders?

My second question is on the VIP fastrack lane at "select Canadian airports" that i can't seem to find any reference to aside from that statement. Particularly which airports it can be used at ( Calgary? ).

Received an invitation to upgrade my standard Avion to infinite privilege with 25,000 bonus rewards points ( worth about 700 bucks of travel which covers the card fee for a couple years). But i want to know if the extra benefits are worthwhile otherwise there isn't much point in the upgrade which i would probably downgrade again after a year as my spending doesn't justify the upgrade when i price it out.
    Not sure about the airport line but for lounge access, I recommend the BMO World Elite, you get priority pass for free and 8 visits(i believe). You can always go more, but they just charge your card. Priority pass on its own is $200.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by imranm

Not sure about the airport line but for lounge access, I recommend the BMO World Elite, you get priority pass for free and 8 visits(i believe). You can always go more, but they just charge your card. Priority pass on its own is $200.
    Thanks but i am not looking for a new card, I am actually quite happy with Avion and I have a ton of points with them. Looks like the BMO is 4 passes and slightly lower travel redemption rate ( 2 vs 2.5-2.9% depending how you use it )

Just debating whether or not accepting the upgrade is much benefit to me as it will cost me ~$330 for me and my secondary cardholder to upgrade for the year. But comes with a 25,000 point bonus for accepting the upgrade which cancels out the fee ( technically ~600 dollars of travel rewards depending on what flight tier you redeem ).

So for me the only benefit is the additional cardholder privileges a la lounge Access and "VIP Security Line" that flip says is a red herring.

I figured as much about the security line as I have never seen a visa infinite line at an airport. Nexus, but not Infinite. I have seen an AMEX line at Pearson, I figure this is essentially the same line? Not really worth it as i avoid travel to Toronto at all costs.

It does come with additional points for purchases as well so I might accept it to see
    Last edited by killramos; 04-07-2016 at 07:02 AM.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Exploded.

You better let me in the lounges for free.

The Pearson one is for AMEX and the VISA one is way better already because YVR.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^ Thanks for that, couldn't find a link to a page describing the benefit for the life of me... Embarrassing how long i spent looking and clicking random links lol

The priority pass looks pretty sweet though, only downside for calgarians is if you fly westjet domestic you are SOL as no lounge on their terminal. there is one for A and B though.

fact.

Originally posted by killramos

Looks like the BMO is 4 passes and slightly lower travel redemption rate ( 2 vs 2.5-2.9% depending how you use it )
    How are you getting 2.5-2.9% back on Avion? Last time i looked into it, Avion was 1.5-2% max

Page 42 of 132 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast