Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 51 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2590

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

nm
    Last edited by e36bmw///; 03-05-2018 at 10:57 AM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Hope this is okay to post in here since this is the reward cc thread. Amex has their personal gold cards with a free first year promotion and 25,000 points if you spent 1,500$ in 3 months which is pretty easy with gas/walmart/etc. With their new point system thats enough for a pair of trips to Vancouver and back as someone pointed out earlier in the thread.

Also they have a referral program which if anyone wants to use my link I'd happily buy and send you a 50$ gift card to tims/starbucks/whatever you wanted as a thank you. Feel free to pm me about it thanks!

You can also apply for the business gold which is also first year free and 40,000 points if you spend 5k in 3 months. You can apply for it as a sole proprietor even if you don't have a business. It also lets you pick 3 supplies to have double points through which is nicetoo.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 01-13-2017 at 03:50 PM.

My Ride
    is broken

AMEX doesn't like me anymore. They denied my last claim for bonus points signup because i was churning the Gold card. Oh well. I got 3 years worth of points of out it.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

Did you sign up for the card every 12 months? Might have to give it a try.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by jacky4566
    AMEX doesn't like me anymore. They denied my last claim for bonus points signup because i was churning the Gold card. Oh well. I got 3 years worth of points of out it.
    They changed their policies, their signup bonuses are once per lifetime per card now which sucks.

My Ride
    is broken

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Did you sign up for the card every 12 months? Might have to give it a try.
    Yea man. Got enough points for my Japan Ski trip!! Although the taxes were like $650 or something.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Just got my rogers card, will be great for online shopping and anything non-gas and grocery (that goes on my 4% scotia card) thanks for the heads up on this card guys.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Worth noting on the rogers card, it doesn't have most of the premium features you'd expect from a Platinum card, No purchase assurance (Theft of recent purchases), No extended warranty or price protection, so i guess all my large purchases are still going to go on my Scotia Visa.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    E46 M3

Anybody have the westjet RBC card? Seems like the best deal for travellers considering the buddy pass and also the 1.5% return is similar to my BMO cashback card (1.75%). Only downside is you can only use it with Westjet flights, which I'm not sure how limited they are.

Any thoughts on this? Is there a better travel card that gives me better/similar returns to my BMO Cashback 1.75% card? I don't spend much on groceries/gas so I'm not concerned with the special rates for buying certain products.

Originally posted by The BMW Guy
    Anybody have the westjet RBC card? Seems like the best deal for travellers considering the buddy pass and also the 1.5% return is similar to my BMO cashback card (1.75%). Only downside is you can only use it with Westjet flights, which I'm not sure how limited they are.

Any thoughts on this? Is there a better travel card that gives me better/similar returns to my BMO Cashback 1.75% card? I don't spend much on groceries/gas so I'm not concerned with the special rates for buying certain products.
    BMO World Elite Travel is 2% + 4 lounge passes (worth around $200), although you have to use their travel site (which is based on expedia, so it's not that bad)

Capital One is 2% also but easiest to redeem... you just pay for travel, call them, then tell them which charge was travel related.

If i were in the market for a new card it would be one of those, but really it's not that far off your 1.75% cashback

My Ride
    M3P

I just got the Capital One Aspire Travel World Elite Mastercard. As sabad66 said you just have to tell them what is travel related and they will credit it back to you based on your points balance. Quite an easy system to use. Lots of perks including price protection on products, car/travel insurance, concierge service etc.

Bonus 40,000 points ($400) if you spend $1500 in first 3 months.

The yearly fee is $150 however, but if you travel a lot it's easy to offset this cost. No promos right now for first year free unfortunately.

Capital one was a life saver for me after getting boned in a divorce. I tried to get a secure card through TD with $1000 down, good monthly income and they denied me, i popped onto Capital One's website and was instantly approved. (gave $75 security funds for a $4000 limit)

Over the past two years their secured card has helped reestablished my credit and given me the opportunity to get additional credit products (loans, preapproval for mortgage etc)

Thinking of getting the Gold Amex now just for the points

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you fly westjet mostly, that westjet card is awesome. if you fly worldwide, not as great.

Only halfway off topic. With the shitstorm that airmiles has become, who thinks that all other travel points cards will eventually have to devalue or cancel some points to reduce the outstanding liability? I have a shitton of avion points, and I'm thinking it's smart to get going on redeeming some this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Ugh, my Capital One Aspire Travel World Elite Mastercard got skimmed or something, and I've been on hold for over an hour trying to report the damn thing. You can't do it online and they have no one on the phones.

Or I just let the thieves use it until Capital One flags it? Have to say, TD would have an agent on the phone immediately on a fraud call.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

I've called Capital One probably a dozen times now, a few of those times for fraud. I don't think I had to wait even 1 minute, they were right on it. They won't do anything until the charges post though, which is standard procedure.

You can also message them online, at least to get proof in that you reported the problem early. Even if they tell you you're supposed to use other means, it's on record.

Their fraud department was by far the best I've dealt with. They bailed me out of a few fraud issues now, including a huge one that wasn't at all believable that they could have easily denied. They also updated me regularly throughout the process and answered all my questions. They were good at reassuring me I wouldn't be on the hook for anything.

You won't be responsible for any of it, so it really doesn't matter too much at the end of the day. Don't stress about it and call back at a less busy time.

Contrast this with BMO who doesn't even consider charges from Nigeria suspicious

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by The BMW Guy

I've had the WJ MC for the last 2 years roughly.

GF is from Manitoba so the $99 buddy passes work great for trips home, plus free checked bags save us $50-$100 each time we fly. Westjet and Air Canada are almost always similar in price so no issue there. And the CC gives you westjet dollar into your westjet account which you use whenever you want, no restrictions or any of that garbage.

Highly recommended if you travel with WJ more than 1-1.5 times per year.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Solid 2017 so far. Hit the min spend on my amex biz plat and personal gold plus the referral on the gold is 135k aeroplan points.

15k more points for booking our 2x mini-rtw through aeroplan.

YYC -> Thailand (1 week) -> South Korea (1 week) -> Japan (1 week) -> Home.

350$ in taxes & fees each. Woop!
    Last edited by pheoxs; 02-13-2017 at 03:37 PM.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I've called Capital One probably a dozen times now, a few of those times for fraud. I don't think I had to wait even 1 minute, they were right on it. They won't do anything until the charges post though, which is standard procedure.

You can also message them online, at least to get proof in that you reported the problem early. Even if they tell you you're supposed to use other means, it's on record.

Their fraud department was by far the best I've dealt with. They bailed me out of a few fraud issues now, including a huge one that wasn't at all believable that they could have easily denied. They also updated me regularly throughout the process and answered all my questions. They were good at reassuring me I wouldn't be on the hook for anything.

You won't be responsible for any of it, so it really doesn't matter too much at the end of the day. Don't stress about it and call back at a less busy time.

Contrast this with BMO who doesn't even consider charges from Nigeria suspicious
    I did just leave it on speaker on the wireless charge pad and after 90 mins it was answed. Dude said no one is in the office because of the snow storm (which I guess makes sense). All charges reversed, new card in the mail.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Originally posted by Khyron

I did just leave it on speaker on the wireless charge pad and after 90 mins it was answed. Dude said no one is in the office because of the snow storm (which I guess makes sense). All charges reversed, new card in the mail.
    Glad to hear it all worked out The communication delay was unfortunate but at least they took care of you and it sounds like there was a legit reason for the delay.

The charges they reversed for me were in Vegas, so you can imagine what they must have been thinking - I probably wouldn't have even believed me, but I was telling the truth and they covered everything. They definitely secured me as a customer for a long time after that

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by pheoxs
    Solid 2017 so far. Hit the min spend on my amex biz plat and personal gold plus the referral on the gold is 135k aeroplan points.

15k more points for booking our 2x mini-rtw through aeroplan.

YYC -> Thailand (1 week) -> South Korea (1 week) -> Japan (1 week) -> Home.

350$ in taxes & fees each. Woop!
    What deal was this?! Did I miss it?!

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by riander5

What deal was this?! Did I miss it?!
    Its just general aeroplan rtw / mini-rtw trip. 75k points to fly to asia and back and you're allowed 1 stop over each direction for as long as you want.

You have to manually figure out all the routing and then call in and book it and such. Also certain airlines have lower fees (hint: Air Canada sucks) so it also takes a bit of finagling to keep the cost down.

There's a FAQ at the top of this for more info.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...ineraries.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...hancement.html
    Last edited by pheoxs; 02-13-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast