Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 90 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 90 of 130 FirstFirst ... 80 89 90 91 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2590

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    ute

Can someone with an Amex Biz Plat send me an Amex Biz Edge referral?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If you have an RBC CC ( might just be Avion? ) apparently you can get all your fees for EV charging at Petro Canada reimbursed with credit from now until may 2022 if you go online and opt in.

Dunno what this entails, but if you don’t have unlimited Tesla supercharging maybe this is an option for some of you guys?

Completely wasted on me, wish someone would give me free gas but I guess I don’t drive a wokie enough car for that.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

The WestJet MC figured out everyone was planning on not renewing, so they've said "if you renew, your next companion vouchers will be $0 instead of the terrible timed increase we made to $120 during this lil pandemic... Please stay!"

*You still gotta pay all the terrorist taxes and fuel surcharges, etc.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

cccccccccombo of WJ and Triangle is pretty nice for me these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    cccccccccombo of WJ and Triangle is pretty nice for me these days.
    I'm still on Visa Aeroplan and Rogers cashback combo. Our next two trips to Hawaii will be almost free.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

How do you like the redeption options on aeroplan? I've never had that one, but I remember back in the bad old days when I had air miles, and it was nearly impossible for me to redeem on a flight I would actually want to use.
    Avion was good when I had that, any flight any seat. WJ is good, spends ike cash for flights and vacations. I mostly use for all inclusive vacations honestly. @killramos will not be surprised I like Cancun given my low-class mindset.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Aeroplan went from shitty to mediocre to good. There's no restrictions anymore, any seats are open on any flight, you have to use more points on better flights, just like using money though.

Edit: As for the value of it VS just using a cashback card, I couldn't tell you, I haven't done the math for awhile.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 05-03-2021 at 10:15 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Good to hear about Aeroplan. I haven't looked into that in a long time. I'm a WJ fanboi though, since I don't want to vacation anywhere I can't get direct flights from Cowtown.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Our Capital One World Elite MC is up for renewal in June and since they dropped points it's time to leave, the BMO World Elite is looking pretty good (https://creditcardgenius.ca/credit-c...ite-mastercard)

3 points per dollar for food & travel
    2 points per dollar on everything else
    Trip cancellation insurance
    Airport Lounge passes
    Pretty solid welcome bonus right now

Does anyone have a BMO card? How does the points redemption work, is it as fast & painless as Capital One (book your trip with whoever you want and redeem instantly after booking)?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Our Capital One World Elite MC is up for renewal in June and since they dropped points it's time to leave, the BMO World Elite is looking pretty good (https://creditcardgenius.ca/credit-c...ite-mastercard)

Airport Lounge passes

Does anyone have a BMO card? How does the points redemption work, is it as fast & painless as Capital One (book your trip with whoever you want and redeem instantly after booking)?
    The Canadian Tire World Elite MC does most of this (I think) with zero annual fee. It also includes free towing like an AMA membership type of thing.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Plus you can buy all your fashionable Marks Work Wearhouse clothing with the points.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    The Canadian Tire World Elite MC does most of this (I think) with zero annual fee. It also includes free towing like an AMA membership type of thing.
    Triangle World Elite only does 1 point per dollar on purchases that aren't groceries or Sport Chek/Can Tire. It also has a weak insurance package.

Pre covid we would take a few holidays a year so trip cancellation insurance is a must have for us, the lounge passes are a nice little perk too. Plus we spend enough on our CC that the stronger points more than make up for the $150 fee.
    Last edited by 94boosted; 05-06-2021 at 11:54 AM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Triangle World Elite only does 1 point per dollar on purchases that aren't groceries or Sport Chek/Can Tire. It also has a weak insurance package.
    Oh, ok. I think it's 5-7¢/L on gasoline though. And apparently you can pay for your CoC property tax with it.
    Maybe that doesn't even it out, but juss sayin

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you pay lump sum annually you can. Can't do monthly TIPP payments on it. AFAIK

Airport Lounge passes

I have this card. Used to be my daily driver but a few years back they fucked up the points calculations. Only reason I kept it is cuz my banking plan waives the yearly fee. I try to use it for just restaurants and travel to maximize but since covid haven’t done mich spending on it.

The points are weird, it’s not 1 point per penny like most other cards. It’s actually something like 1.4 points per penny, so the 3 points you earn for food/travel spend is actually only 2.13ish % (not 3%).

Using points is not as good as cap one either. You have to use the BMO rewards portal, but booking flights/hotels is comparable to what you find on Expedia/other travel aggregators. They also have products like gift cards and appliances kind of like air miles, but way less value per point so better to use the points for flights/hotel/rental car.

Here is the points value chart:
    Name:  1C00FAB0-3596-45DD-9D33-0B88D7960F57.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  30.1 KB

Take 3 points x 0.71 and that’s how you get the 2.13% for travel redemptions. Gets worse for things like GCs

I will say that the lounge passes are nice though. Can’t wait to use those again.
    Last edited by sabad66; 05-06-2021 at 12:11 PM.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I have this card. Used to be my daily driver but a few years back they fucked up the points calculations. Only reason I kept it is cuz my banking plan waives the yearly fee. I try to use it for just restaurants and travel to maximize but since covid haven’t done mich spending on it.

The points are weird, it’s not 1 point per penny like most other cards. It’s actually something like 1.4 points per penny, so the 3 points you earn for food/travel spend is actually only 2.13ish % (not 3%).

Using points is not as good as cap one either. You have to use the BMO rewards portal, but booking flights/hotels is comparable to what you find on Expedia/other travel aggregators. They also have products like gift cards and appliances kind of like air miles, but way less value per point so better to use the points for flights/hotel/rental car.

Here is the points value chart:
    Name:  1C00FAB0-3596-45DD-9D33-0B88D7960F57.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  30.1 KB

Take 3 points x 0.71 and that’s how you get the 2.13% for travel redemptions. Gets worse for things like GCs

I will say that the lounge passes are nice though. Can’t wait to use those again.
    Good info, thanks Sabald, it's between this one and the HSBC World Elite MC. They're very similar on points and insurance so it basically comes down to which one has easier/better redemption of points.

Good info, thanks Sabald, it's between this one and the HSBC World Elite MC. They're very similar on points and insurance so it basically comes down to which one has easier/better redemption of points.
    I've only used it to book one trip and it was pretty smooth, no complaints at all. Did an all inclusive vacation package for me, wife and kid to Puerto Vallarta and it was the same pricing as expedia. I think i was short a hundred or two so you just pay the difference if you don't have enough points to cover it all. My kid was only 6 months old back then so i had to call in after to add him as the portal didn't let me do it, but it was easy. The good thing is that they bill the full amount to your card, and then just put a credit on it. That way you get all the travel benefits like insurance etc for the 'free' trip.

I was going to recommend just going on the bmorewards website and doing your own comparison, but unfortunately it doesn't let you see anything until you login.

Also keep in mind lounge passes are per-person so if you're traveling with someone it uses up one of the visits.

My Ride
    Legacy Spec B

I'm in the same boat for the BMO World Elite card. Only have it because the annual fee is waived since I do my banking there. The lounge passes are nice to have. I didn't have as good an experience booking flights/hotels through BMO rewards. Did a hotel in Paris and a flight to Barcelona. First off the website was terrible. My bookings were a year apart and both times getting anything done was extremely slow and would fail to make the booking and I had to keep trying for an hour or so before it would make the booking. The first time I gave up and used the call center to book which they charge another $30 for. Value wise it seemed more expensive than booking through Expedia.

The one good thing though. They run promos where they multiply the points every once in a while. They had a 5x points on dining the same month of my wedding reception. The got 11% in points that night paid for the whole flight

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Airport Lounge passes

How you using up the points on the Capital one without travel? redeeming them for cash?

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Quote Originally Posted by tha_bandit View Post
    How you using up the points on the Capital one without travel? redeeming them for cash?
    UPS is considered travel. So is Canada Post. Also if you take a Uber that counts a travel as well.

Page 90 of 130 FirstFirst ... 80 89 90 91 100 ... LastLast