Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 76 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 76 of 130 FirstFirst ... 66 75 76 77 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2590

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

super annoyed with my Scotia gold passport visa. Went to book a trip to cuba for my mother in law and father in law and they dont take bookings through it as the travel section was bought out by amex. Stupid american regulations.

Now I have to jump through hoops to put my points towards travel while waiting upwards to 2 months for the credit back. I'll be cancelling it as soon as I can use all my points up on this trip.

Just need to decide what new visa/mc to get

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Misread... Are you able to book the trip elsewhere outside of the internal booking system?
    Last edited by 2Legit2Quit; 12-27-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Misread... Are you able to book the trip elsewhere outside of the internal booking system?
    yes it wasnt a problem to do so when not using my visa rewards website. Apparently amex bought out a part of Scotiabank visa reward system and as they are an american company they cant do business with cuba.

When I called in to ask questions the rep tried telling me he couldnt answer any questions in relation to Cuba. He could only read a pre written message that doesnt appear anywhere on the Scotiabank website.

The more I pressed the more he responded with "I'm sorry I cant speak to anything related to travel to cuba."

Guess the change over happened a year and a half ago as I've booked previous trips to Cuba with no issues.

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Does anyone know of a really good travel sign up bonus for credit cards? Looking to book a big trip in near future and hopefully offset some costs through said bonus

My Ride
    Axis powers

The WJ card has a $350 bonus right now compared to the $250, plus you get the companion voucher
    Sig nuked by mod.

RBC also has first year free and 25000 points on their Avion card:

https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-...ok_Mobile_Feed

My Ride
    ute

Does the Amex Platinum card get you any airline status? I can't find it on their site.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Does the Amex Platinum card get you any airline status? I can't find it on their site.
    Not the base platinum, unless you pick an airline specific Amex.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

My current TD infinite card seems pretty limited. And the TD Privilege card just gets me Aeroplan, which is annoying as I usually fly WJ. The WJ RBC cards has a bunch of less than useful perks for me (4 loung passes per year? no thanks).

Ugh.

Maybe the Amex platinum actually is useful.

My current TD infinite card seems pretty limited. And the TD Privilege card just gets me Aeroplan, which is annoying as I usually fly WJ. The WJ RBC cards has a bunch of less than useful perks for me (4 loung passes per year? no thanks).

Ugh.

It is useful depending on what you want out of it - the unlimited priority + guest each time has been good. The hotel status helps for free upgrades, but I find that it's most effective if you send a message to the hotel prior to check in and ask nicely for a free upgrade. Historically I've just transferred all my points over to Aeroplan because I rack up quite a bit of Aeroplan points from work travel so it makes sense for me to consolidate when I need to redeem.

Feel free to PM me if you want a referral (gets you 60k points instead of the 50k at sign up).
    Last edited by gqmw; 12-28-2019 at 12:13 AM.

My Ride
    ute

My wife is Titanium elite usually for Bonvoy, and then I just book my rooms through her account when I travel (which is less frequent than her).

Unlimited priority do you mean the lounges? I'm usually westjet Gold and my wife is usually whatever 75k AC is...so we're usually covered on both if we are travelling together. hmm, I guess I need to look more into it. I'm pretty sure the WJ elite MC isn't useful for me with my status and we dont use petrocan. No cards seem to be really good for me.

Sounds like amex platinum isn't any benefit to you for the fee they charge. If you have status with hotels and airlines then you should just get the best cash back card available.

Ugh.

This is why I have never ventured to switch from my RBC Avion card. I just earn points, book whatever flight I want, and go. We fly WJ as well whenever possible. Just booked Jamaica flights for January. The Avion covered the flights up to a maximum of like 1100$ I think. Regular fare was less than that, so I upgraded us to Premium right through the Avion booking portal, and paid cash for the overage above what Avion covers. All in taxes and the little bit extra for Premium was 500$ total for our return flights to MBJ.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea I actually like Avion a lot, and it’s way better now that the 14 day booking window is gone. The Petro Canada deal is with any RBC card, even a debit card, so it’s not a card specific perk but a deal with the bank.

Used it for a round trip to London a couple months ago, premium economy direct to LHR only cost me 1500 bucks or so with the full redemption amount.

You can convert Avion points to WJ dollars if you need to and they have bonus point periods similar to BA. But probably just worth redeeming using the Avion portal and using your WJ status as you would if you bought the tickets through Expedia or anywhere else.

Avion IP also gets you Accor status if you consider that valuable, I have never bothered.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Ugh.

Just curious what you find limiting about the TD Infinite? That's the one that I have and I find it pretty easy to just book on the TD for Expedia site and it has all the travel insurance and everything covered by the card.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Yea I actually like Avion a lot, and it’s way better now that the 14 day booking window is gone. The Petro Canada deal is with any RBC card, even a debit card, so it’s not a card specific perk but a deal with the bank.

Used it for a round trip to London a couple months ago, premium economy direct to LHR only cost me 1500 bucks or so with the full redemption amount.

You can convert Avion points to WJ dollars if you need to and they have bonus point periods similar to BA. But probably just worth redeeming using the Avion portal and using your WJ status as you would if you bought the tickets through Expedia or anywhere else.

Avion IP also gets you Accor status if you consider that valuable, I have never bothered.
    I haven't got around to linking my Petro Points card, although I stop at Petro Canada virtually never, so not going to help me much anyway.

I'm thinking I should accept the upgrade offer I keep getting though. It's for the Infinite Avion Privilege or something like that? Basically the main thing is it bumps your points earning from 1 point per dollar spent, to 1.25. And the fee goes to 145$ IIRC. For me that's an extra 25k points a year or so, for an extra 25$ fee. Seems like a no brainer.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Infinite privilege fee is far higher than that I’m sorry to report.

Name:  61E5AB1F-6E44-4E4A-B365-F65532C1EF79.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  28.7 KB

The extra 25% points on non travel spend is nice, but you need to be clearing around 50k per year on the card to make that worth it more if you need 2 cards. Unfortunately my spending habits make it worth it.

However the extra benefits like lounge access access make it worth the fee.

I’ve actually taken to using Petro since getting my truck, technically it’s spec 93 octane reccomended which you can’t really get anywhere else so that has been nice.
    Last edited by killramos; 12-28-2019 at 10:52 AM.

fact.

I looked at the infinite priviledge and not sure it's worth the extra admin fee of 399. It's also restricted to 200k yearly income.

The Scotia infinite cash back card seem to have a lot of perks for those that may not fly as often as others.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    It's also restricted to 200k yearly income.
    Its “restricted”, most regular Avion holders get the invitation after a year or 2 if they spend enough they don’t really care about income as long as you are a good customer.

fact.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    Just curious what you find limiting about the TD Infinite? That's the one that I have and I find it pretty easy to just book on the TD for Expedia site and it has all the travel insurance and everything covered by the card.
    The functionality of the card is okay. I just don't think they are giving me enough perks and points for my spend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gqmw View Post
    It is useful depending on what you want out of it - the unlimited priority + guest each time has been good. The hotel status helps for free upgrades, but I find that it's most effective if you send a message to the hotel prior to check in and ask nicely for a free upgrade. Historically I've just transferred all my points over to Aeroplan because I rack up quite a bit of Aeroplan points from work travel so it makes sense for me to consolidate when I need to redeem.

Feel free to PM me if you want a referral (gets you 60k points instead of the 50k at sign up).
    Are you able to generate a biz platinum referral? I think that's the one I'm going to get?

Gets you 75k points in welcome.

Page 76 of 130 FirstFirst ... 66 75 76 77 86 ... LastLast