Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 117 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 117 of 132 FirstFirst ... 107 116 117 118 127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2622

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha thanks, but no good promos on now. They were doing a 135k points back in November, right now its only 85k points and only if you renew after the first year (65k bonus after $6k spend, then another 20k after the 14 month mark).
    I've seen some private offers in the 150 to 200k in points for business amex if your a high spender. Its a higher spend limit to get those bonuses tho.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Rogers WE is different than the Rogers Connections which has the Rogers Bill benefits and is relatively new. 1% cash back on connections vs 1.5% on the WE. I like the idea of 5 free Roam Like Home days and the 30% cash back bonus when redeemed against Rogers bill with the Connections, but not enough for me to switch the WE over personally.
    Ah gotcha, probably just use it for Rogers then and keep going with the Triangle for my main card

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post
    impossible with 2 infants and a toddler
    Isn't there a "worksite" down there that "needs you"?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Isn't there a "worksite" down there that "needs you"?
    Loads, us snow mexicans don't get to go to the good ones very often though lol - the cruise ship I just did was best so far since it docked in Aruba

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Adding to the discussion on the value of airport lounge access with credit card.

I'm in the Toronto Plaza Premium Lounge right now with the Dragon pass. It's about 90% full. Hard to find a seat, alcohol cost money, and there are 4 empty glasses in front of me from the previous guest that haven't been cleared in 45 mins.

Not a great experience.

My Ride
    V8s

Amex platinum seems to be one of the better ones for lounge access.

On a side note, wtf is the point of a lounge if there’s no free booze and the service sucks haha. Might as well eat with the unwashed masses.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    Adding to the discussion on the value of airport lounge access with credit card.

I'm in the Toronto Plaza Premium Lounge right now with the Dragon pass. It's about 90% full. Hard to find a seat, alcohol cost money, and there are 4 empty glasses in front of me from the previous guest that haven't been cleared in 45 mins.

Not a great experience.
    Oh it got worst. Wanted to get a coke but no glasses left, so used their coffee machine to make a capucinno. Turns out there's no coffee left and it just gave me steamed milk.

My Ride
    NC1

Kk aha sounds like it’s better to hang out in peasantville vs the world elite lounge lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Not a great experience.
    There's 2 in Toronto

One of them is shite, falling apart and always full

The other is usually fairly empty because no-one ever walks far enough round to it

There's free booze in both though...just premium booze you have to pay for

Sign up with SMART-traveller app though, you get points on each visit to use for stuff and if you sign up with their QR code you get a free premium beverage...i think I'm on my 4th email address

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

There's 2 in Toronto

The other is usually fairly empty because no-one ever walks far enough round to it

Sign up with SMART-traveller app though, you get points on each visit to use for stuff and if you sign up with their QR code you get a free premium beverage...i think I'm on my 4th email address
    Yeah, outside of countries where alcohol isn't legal, I don't think I have been in an airport lounge that had no alcohol available, at least during the afternoon/evening. Some domestic lounges, including Maple Leaf Lounges, don't serve alcohol before 11 am. Of course, many lounges have pretty wretched choices for free booze - with United Club it's typically Budweiser and Coors Light, though Maple Leaf Lounges are at least slightly better with Molson Canadian/Guinness/Smithwicks/Coors Light. The Plaza Premium lounge in Edmonton has two Alley Kat beers on tap, but has bizarre definitions of "top shelf" liquor that you have to pay extra for (e.g. Jack Daniel's Old No. 7). Some lounges are consistently overcrowded, and lineups outside to get in are a common sight (e.g. the domestic Maple Leaf Lounges in Vancouver and Montreal), and Toronto Pearson lounges aren't much better. I've never seen the MLL or the Aspire lounges in the international terminal / USA preclearance area here in Calgary full to capacity (at least not yet). I've heard second hand stories of people being turned away at the Westjet Elevation lounge and it has consistently been the most crowded of the YYC lounges during my visits.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbarre View Post
    Some lounges are consistently overcrowded, and lineups outside to get in are a common sight (e.g. the domestic Maple Leaf Lounges in Vancouver and Montreal), and Toronto Pearson lounges aren't much better. I've never seen the MLL or the Aspire lounges in the international terminal / USA preclearance area here in Calgary full to capacity (at least not yet). I've heard second hand stories of people being turned away at the Westjet Elevation lounge and it has consistently been the most crowded of the YYC lounges during my visits.
    I noticed the Delta SkyClub in LAX last week had 2 lines - one for credit cards and one for airline status

There was no-one there when I was in, lounge was fairly quiet, but one would like to think that those with airline status would be getting priority over any bum who can apply for a credit card

ETA: Aspire on the Int'l/USA side at Calgary is actually a decent lounge...self serve booze = 10/10 for me lol

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

I noticed the Delta SkyClub in LAX last week had 2 lines - one for credit cards and one for airline status

There was no-one there when I was in, lounge was fairly quiet, but one would like to think that those with airline status would be getting priority over any bum who can apply for a credit card

ETA: Aspire on the Int'l/USA side at Calgary is actually a decent lounge...self serve booze = 10/10 for me lol
    I've seen that a few times (airline status > credit card access), along with United Clubs (e.g. a few times in Denver) putting out a sign that they're not accepting passes whenever the lounge is near capacity, so it certainly seems like airline status is > than paid lounge membership or individuals who have received passes from others for one-time use.

Pre-pandemic there were bottles of beer in the coolers (I think it was Anchor Brewing out of San Francisco and/or some beer from a smaller brewery - they were in stubby bottles) at the YYC Aspire lounge that I may have grabbed to stash in my carry-on when the ladies who worked there weren't looking. During my most recent in December 2022 the bottled beer was nowhere to be found - only draft beer, and I wasn't going to try and fill my water bottle with it

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’ve routinely been told to beat it with priority pass because they “expect a big plane arriving soon”

CC lounge access is massively overrated .
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

I wish we could start getting some Centurion lounges in Canada. I'm surprised they don't have at least one at YVR or YYZ.

The Maple Leaf Lounges aren't bad, but you gotta be flying AC, and sometimes they get crazy packed. At least in the US, as long as your packing the right cards/memberships you have options at most airports you go to. And I'm curious to see what happens to the Cent lounges in the US now with the new rules for Platinum Cardholders.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride

There's 2 in Toronto

Defintly all the alcohol required money, not just the top shelf stuff. I got the cheapest beer for $7 + tax.

Oh and I was.in Atlanta, Georgia. I think the busiest airport in the world ? Dragon pass doesn't have a single lounge there.
    Last edited by RX_EVOLV; 02-11-2023 at 10:37 AM.

My Ride
    changes every year

I'm sure most of you know this, I didnt until yesterday. CT had 30x points if you use the CT CC. I needed a new drill yesterday, figured it was a good time to use the $140 in CT money I accumulated and get 30x back.

Well the drill was on sale for 189 plus tax BUT I only got the 30x back in the remaining money owed, so I did get back 30x but it was only $6. I was pretty sad.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    I'm sure most of you know this, I didnt until yesterday. CT had 30x points if you use the CT CC. I needed a new drill yesterday, figured it was a good time to use the $140 in CT money I accumulated and get 30x back.

Well the drill was on sale for 189 plus tax BUT I only got the 30x back in the remaining money owed, so I did get back 30x but it was only $6. I was pretty sad.
    My general rule is to only spend CT money on commodity essentials that never really go on sale. Spending it on deep discounted items during promos fucks you out of the promos.
    *Although sometimes they screw up and it still rewards you CT$ even though you didn't spend any real money.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Defintly all the alcohol required money, not just the top shelf stuff. I got the cheapest beer for $7 + tax.
    Sounds like you got gypped, been in both of them multiple times and never once paid for stuff

My Ride
    *The First*

Sounds like you got gypped, been in both of them multiple times and never once paid for stuff
    #Triggered! 1!!1!1!!

I can't believe that people think Gypsies do nothing but rip people off, all day, every day.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

There's no evidence that the lounge is staffed largely by persons of Romani descent.

Page 117 of 132 FirstFirst ... 107 116 117 118 127 ... LastLast