Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 32 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by msommers
    Flip, did you get that Scotia one? Looks like really good cashback
    Woops. Haven't checked in a while here.

Yeah, I got the Momentum Infinite and will be picking it up once I get back from Hong Kong.

I'm actually conflicted to cancel the AMEX. When I went to Malaysia, Le Meridien upgraded my room because of SPG Platinum that I get with the card at no charge.

Plus the lounge access has been useful when I had layovers: Shower, free lunch/dinner/snack, comfy area to recharge and decompress....

I think ill just get the airport pass separate once I cancel.

Originally posted by Mostwanted

WOW anniversary bonus of 10,000 every year! I just checked there site and says nothing about it
    sounds like a pretty good benefit to me,
    I just got the same letter in the mail, it says I still get the 10,000 free points annually ($100) and 2 points per dollar spent. Same as the old card. Still the best card IMO. Nothing else pays you 2% on every purchase and the annual fee is only $20 thanks to the bonus points.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-31-2015 at 06:40 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Flip, what airport pass? That sounds awesome!

I might cancel my MC Aspire before the renewal and try to use as many points as I can before hand. I honestly think the cashback from the Momentum is better. Or maybe I'll keep it and pay the annual as a travel "savings" account

The VISA momentum is better for gas, groceries and bills while the MC is better for everything else I think.
    Ultracrepidarian

What does the momentum work out to in % cash?

I've been getting around $1,100/year out of my Capital One card which is amazing (especially compared to the AirMiles shit I had before haha).

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by msommers
    Flip, what airport pass? That sounds awesome!

I might cancel my MC Aspire before the renewal and try to use as many points as I can before hand. I honestly think the cashback from the Momentum is better. Or maybe I'll keep it and pay the annual as a travel "savings" account

The VISA momentum is better for gas, groceries and bills while the MC is better for everything else I think.
    AMEX Platinum comes with Priority Pass, which is the airport lounge program. Only reason why I kept it for so long haha.

Ugh i feel so stupid with my scotia gold passport visa... especially seeing those with the 10,000 recurring points..

even the momentum infinite would be better... time to get on this. Seems like amazon has a free $75 gift card when signing up for this one on their website.

My Ride
    Exploded.

So major banks in HK don't carry AMEX in their ATMs and only one carries them.

Fml.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I'm definitely cancelling my AMEX.

I went to buy a rather large purchase online, and was declined (tried it 3 times). Finally used my Visa with no problems. Next day at 11am AMEX calls to tell me about the "attempted fraudulent transactions", and that it was automatically declined because it wasn't a "normal purchase" for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Exploded.

See ya AMEX. It's been a slice
    Attached Images Attached Images  

nm
    Last edited by e36bmw///; 03-05-2018 at 11:02 AM.

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

Originally posted by e36bmw///

I was going to get the BMO world elite just for the priority pass and looks like they have a free year promo now

http://www.bmo.com/credit-cards/bmo-...ercard%20broad
    Been using it for about a year and half so far and no complaint at all. Their dedicated phone line is really helpful. Purchased $900 flight tickets twice and their website seems to offer pretty good price as well.

i have airmiles only due to the safeway pharmacy lol 7x points on covered prescriptions
    card wise im looking more and more at the scotiabank momentum infinite
    i have RBC infinite avion but the RBC points kinda suck AFAIK..

what is the name of that card that gives u the 10k points per year?
    is that a grandfathered benefit now? or can i still apply and get the card to get that stuff before some upcoming deadline?

Originally posted by EK69

what is the name of that card that gives u the 10k points per year?
    is that a grandfathered benefit now? or can i still apply and get the card to get that stuff before some upcoming deadline?
    It's the Capital One Aspire Travel World MC, which now appears to be the "world elite" card, and it doesn't advertise the 10,000 yearly points anymore, just on your first purchase. My letter says I'm grandfathered in, but hopefully they still offer it.

Even without that, I haven't found another card that is as good purely for money back. 2% on absolutely everything can't be beat unless you spend way more money than you do on everything else combined only at certain places (which some people do).

http://www.capitalone.ca/credit-card...l-world-elite/
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 04-05-2015 at 10:42 PM.

British Airways Visa Infinite (RBC). It's probably one of the more niche-market cards out there, however I highly recommend it for anyone who does a lot of transatlantic travel. The avios add up quickly and are easy to redeem, plus you get a yearly free companion ticket after spending $30,000.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

It's the Capital One Aspire Travel World MC, which now appears to be the "world elite" card, and it doesn't advertise the 10,000 yearly points anymore, just on your first purchase. My letter says I'm grandfathered in, but hopefully they still offer it.

Even without that, I haven't found another card that is as good purely for money back. 2% on absolutely everything can't be beat unless you spend way more money than you do on everything else combined only at certain places (which some people do).

http://www.capitalone.ca/credit-card...l-world-elite/
    Thx for the reply. I'm looking at either this one or the Scotiabank momentum infinite 4%/2%/1% structured card... Just gotta run numbers I guess to see which would work out better with some spending assumptions.

I plan on spending a pretty sizeable amount later this year on the card, 2% across the board sounds like the no brainer idea, but the Scotiabank card gives higher percentages for the other stuff (gas and groceries I believe iirc)

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by EK69

Thx for the reply. I'm looking at either this one or the Scotiabank momentum infinite 4%/2%/1% structured card... Just gotta run numbers I guess to see which would work out better with some spending assumptions.

I plan on spending a pretty sizeable amount later this year on the card, 2% across the board sounds like the no brainer idea, but the Scotiabank card gives higher percentages for the other stuff (gas and groceries I believe iirc)
    Just have to figure out what majority of your spending is.

Mine are groceries/gas/bills so Momentum Infinite made sense.

If it's biased towards random stuff or travel, then Aspire Travel World MC.

My Ride
    V8s

I'm thinking I'll have to get rid of my TD Visa Infinite and grab the aspire or the momentum. I think they both make more sense for me. Only downside is fees - have you guys had any luck getting them waived? I really don't want to pay for a credit card.

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

Originally posted by flipstah
    See ya AMEX. It's been a slice
    yup, I just cancelled my AMEX last month too.

they stopped their Cathay Pacific Gold Marco Polo Club member. used to upgrade me to business class EVERY time, I know 2 other people that cancelled the Platinum Amex at 700/year it is no longer worth it....

I'm been trying out the RBC WJ credit card....so far it is ok. but I think I need a new one, my friend suggested the Avion Black Card from RBC anyone using that one?
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by gkAeris

yup, I just cancelled my AMEX last month too.

they stopped their Cathay Pacific Gold Marco Polo Club member. used to upgrade me to business class EVERY time, I know 2 other people that cancelled the Platinum Amex at 700/year it is no longer worth it....

I'm been trying out the RBC WJ credit card....so far it is ok. but I think I need a new one, my friend suggested the Avion Black Card from RBC anyone using that one?
    Yeah, once they've been downgrading their perks I knew the end was near. When I lost the Gold Marco Polo membership, it was game over.

The AMEX US Platinum is awesome because no forex fee but apparently, Amazon VISA can do the same thing. Hooray for CHASE Credit!

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

What do I need to upgrade my CC? Still using the same TD Emerald from when I was 18.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast