Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 115 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 115 of 132 FirstFirst ... 105 114 115 116 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2622

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

We found using the WJ card with voucher was a great deal when going to Europe as we didn't have you take wait for a great fare, just whenever we wanted to go.

I'd have to look but all in all I think we paid $1,500 round-trip w/ taxes direct to Paris for 2 tickets, peasant class.

That $450 intro bonus is pretty dope
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by jacky4566 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone know if you can get a AMEX card in US dollar?

Thinking of starting a new side hustle and having a USD credit card is going to be critical for purchasing.
    If you already have an Amex card, you can use their global transfer program to get the same card in the US (based off your credit history in Canada).

Although, before you do this, I'd highly recommend getting a ITIN (Individual TaxPayer Identification Number) so that you can attach it to your application and start building credit in the US. The ITIN will also allow you to get a bank account in the US (I mean a real US bank account, not a Canadian US dollar account), which makes paying bills and transacting easier. If you're starting a US corporation, the ITIN may actually make it easier to get your EIN as well for the corporation.

All of these create tax implications, etc, so please speak with a professional to find out what the implications of all of this is.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak View Post
    If you already have an Amex card, you can use their global transfer program to get the same card in the US (based off your credit history in Canada).

Although, before you do this, I'd highly recommend getting a ITIN (Individual TaxPayer Identification Number) so that you can attach it to your application and start building credit in the US. The ITIN will also allow you to get a bank account in the US (I mean a real US bank account, not a Canadian US dollar account), which makes paying bills and transacting easier. If you're starting a US corporation, the ITIN may actually make it easier to get your EIN as well for the corporation.

All of these create tax implications, etc, so please speak with a professional to find out what the implications of all of this is.
    curious as this would work awesome for me. Haven't heard of this option before. If you get an American amex what will they use for your billing address? Many american retailers won't accept Canadian billing.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    curious as this would work awesome for me. Haven't heard of this option before. If you get an American amex what will they use for your billing address? Many american retailers won't accept Canadian billing.
    Some US forwarding facilities have Unit #, so it looks like a multi-dwelling unit, instead of PO Box addresses. Maybe you can use that?

My Ride
    NC1

How long you need to hold the west jet world elite card before you can redeem for companion pass?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    We found using the WJ card with voucher was a great deal when going to Europe as we didn't have you take wait for a great fare, just whenever we wanted to go.

I'd have to look but all in all I think we paid $1,500 round-trip w/ taxes direct to Paris for 2 tickets, peasant class.

That $450 intro bonus is pretty dope
    Nice
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    How long you need to hold the west jet world elite card before you can redeem for companion pass?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice
    I just applied and got approved this morning so will let you know when it shows up in my account.

My Ride
    NC1

Dang looks like a good deal

Once approved for the WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard‡, the World Elite companion voucher will be deposited into your account 4 – 6 weeks after your first purchase transaction date and 30 days after your card renewal date each year thereafter. Deposited vouchers are accessible at westjet.com/account
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    You need to have a US "home" address. You can't use most of the well known forwarders, but you can use some of the smaller "mom and pop" shop forwarder addresses. But if you're starting a business venture, chances are you should have a US mailing address (or at least planning one)?

As for the retailers, you can simply get stuff shipped to forwarders like MyUS (keep in mind Amex won't accept them as your "home" address but will accept it as a "billing address" for purchases).

Short version:
    -You can't use MyUS as your US address for Amex
    -You can use MyUS as your address to receive shipments from purchases from US addresses

And just an FYI, even with a Canadian Amex you can setup your MyUS address as an alternative address. I regularly buy stuff from the US that won't ship to Canada, and send it to my MyUS address. Amex accepted it as an alternative address for me so it passes all the security checks.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice
    I believe it takes up to 90 days to receive the pass.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    But I think they let you trade in the voucher for 4 lounge passes now, which is pretty good! Technically that's $128USD in value there.
    Originally to take advantage of this you needed to be a silver tier flyer, but as I just accidentally learned you just click one button inconspicuously marked to make you feel like you're getting more information on the exchange and suddenly they convert them for you. So I guess I have 4 lounge passes now
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Triangle Select is back

Don't know if it's a general roll-out or selected cards again

$10/yr more expensive than the Beta program was and the incentives are a little less, but still seems worth it at $89.99 for the year with a $50 welcome gift (was $129.99 last year), 6 months sub to Crave (was 12 months last year) and free shipping to home from CT umbrella stores (same as last year)...and that's before the CTMoney bonuses that I think are the same as the beta

Eta: the $50 welcome gift is a gift card for a CTU store, so if you're looking to buy something anyway, it would make the annual sub $39.99, then use the GC at a point event with your benefits = profit
    Last edited by haggis88; 01-24-2023 at 10:59 PM.

My Ride
    *The First*

^Just signed up for this.
    The sign-up process is a 2 out of 5 and that's considering that a Vaj Tightener is 3.1/5. What a fucking fiasco!

I have the app and the app requires secure sign-in and knows my credit card info which is linked with my Triangle rewards info. There a green button that says "Sign up for Triangle Select".
    Obviously, pushing that green button instantly completed the entire transaction, signs you up, emails you your free shit and bills your card. Obviously.

Close, but instead...

Sign in again, redirect loop, delete app, create new account, use different browser, sign out, sign in, verification code, close browser, reinstall app, sign in through app, verification code, new password, verification code, redirect loop, sign out, sign in.
    And then... Now that everything is synced again and it knows everything about you/card/balances/rewards/etc... You manually enter your fucking credit card info in to pay.

Totally serious.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    ^Just signed up for this.
    The sign-up process is a 2 out of 5 and that's considering that a Vaj Tightener is 3.1/5. What a fucking fiasco!

I have the app and the app requires secure sign-in and knows my credit card info which is linked with my Triangle rewards info. There a green button that says "Sign up for Triangle Select".
    Obviously, pushing that green button instantly completed the entire transaction, signs you up, emails you your free shit and bills your card. Obviously.

Close, but instead...

Sign in again, redirect loop, delete app, create new account, use different browser, sign out, sign in, verification code, close browser, reinstall app, sign in through app, verification code, new password, verification code, redirect loop, sign out, sign in.
    And then... Now that everything is synced again and it knows everything about you/card/balances/rewards/etc... You manually enter your fucking credit card info in to pay.

Totally serious.
    I didn't have that issue, but I did it on the laptop, signed in and clicked a couple buttons, CC autofilled and boom

My Ride
    *The First*

Bought a jug of mango juice and a coffee creamer at Costco, they handed me $655 in cash and I left.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Maybe some of you have looked closer at the WJ RBC than my wife (I truthfully haven't looked at all). But we have almost $2,000 in WestJet dollars and a voucher. So when I was thinking about flights, in economy class, I thought 'well surely we have enough to cover most if not all of that going to Japan'.

Well she comes to me and says there is a cap on how many WestJet dollars you can use per trip or per seat or something, which makes zero sense to me.

So for you who have used the WJ card to travel, what has your experience been with it using the voucher + WJ dollars?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    *The First*

I don't think you can ever use WJ to pay for the portion of any ticket that is taxes or fees.
    The decision to get or not get the WJ WE MasterCard should be exclusively based on your ability to use the companion vouchers for long Canadian flights and enjoy the free baggage on another flight. That can save you around $500 on 1-2 flights, so you're way ahead of the $120 annual fee.
    But many can't manage to use the companion vouchers, so then the card sucks for them.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

There is whacky shit with how Westjet allows you to use WJ Dollars in general, can only apply to the base fare $ amount, to which could be very low and then the rest of the ticket cost is fees that you can't use WJ dollars towards.

Whenever I had the card I'm pretty sure it was similar, I still had to pay the fees for the voucher ticket and couldn't use WJ dollars but the cost of the fare itself was covered by the voucher. Was still a good deal for my use, Hawaii, but silly with their restrictions.

It's a good card for free bags and if you can use the voucher effectively, beyond that it's a big ol' bag of meh to me personally. Which is why I prefer the Scotia travel cards or TD travel where you just throw points at the entire cost of any plane tickets, to me the WJ MC shouldn't be a primary point accrual card imo, just a secondary card to benefit from with free bags/voucher as long as that outweighs the annual fee.
    Last edited by 2Legit2Quit; 02-03-2023 at 10:20 AM.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

How are the cash back cards these days? I’m still on TD cash back infinite.

Anything better? I think some of the reoccurring bills were capping credit card use to 2% or something. I don’t remember which, maybe Telus.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    NC1

Are WestJet and air Canada flight prices similar or can they vary quite a bit? I assume you guys look at both before booking. Just got the WestJet card and look forward to racking up some points
    I am user #49

Are WestJet and air Canada flight prices similar or can they vary quite a bit? I assume you guys look at both before booking. Just got the WestJet card and look forward to racking up some points
    I got mine in the mail a couple of days ago but I was using it thru Apple Pay the same day I applied. Thought that was a neat feature that RBC does.

Just patiently waiting for the bonus WJ $ and the voucher so I can book a trip. Hopefully not too much longer.

Page 115 of 132 FirstFirst ... 105 114 115 116 125 ... LastLast